Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I'm just going to file this under the genuinely stupidest reply I've ever read to something I've said.

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey bool

Check mine...

Attached Files:

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Pretty good! As soon as you can though start working toward research of that Elirium Generator. Once you have about two of those (and they are pricey and require some crash site farming, so definitely use EMP weapon on your birds to take down U.F.O.'s so you can get the parts you need) and perhaps a Thermo in tandem you should have all the energy you will need to cover your bases needs. The reason why you want as many workshops stacked together is because you can reduce the cost of manufacturing to significantly if you connect our Workshops right.

As it stands though, you have a good layout!

4. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    What is the policy on giving alien materials/parts to nation who ask for it? Should I give them or ignore them?

5. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

Always give them , they usually don't request much and give a lot back to you.
    Also remember to sell alien food, stasis chambers and all damaged stuff that isn't relevant to research.

6. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Awesome, thanks bro.

7. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    When I first started I asked the same question.. Lol too many rpg game experiences that made me think our action today will determine the future.. But it the end it's just quick path to earn rewards..

8. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Lol! Exactly! I didn't want to be screwed later on the game by giving out alien technology to nations:eek:
    I love this game:)

9. Nickofullysicko

Jul 2, 2012
    So xcom corrupted my 40hr save game file when I was in the process of building a gallop chamber so I was right at the very end....not cool man :( played on ironman mode so no iCloud saves I could back up from.

10. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010

That sucks! Did you not have other saves, or at least some local saves on the device to go back to?

It seems cloud saving is very finicky in this game... Honestly, I would avoid it if possible and just play with a local save with this game on one device.

On a side note, I wish there was an option to remove the prompt for iCloud save usage... It asks everytime you start the game up to load a save, which is annoying as I really wish it would have an option to not ask again...

11. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    For PC users, the Chris Kluwe hero unlock is now available. Chris (Twitter @CHRISWARCRAFT)beat Firaxis’ Garth DeAngelis (@GSDEANGELIS) in a head to head match and won. His prize was being added to the game as a playable character.

I saw this on the website.. They have a PVP tourney?
    Bool u didn't join? You could have your name added!!!

I can't wait for the multiplayer to flex my muscles!!!!

12. Fakingmysuicide

Fakingmysuicide Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Fairbanks, Ak
    Anyone having trouble with grenades? The game can't seem to tell if I want to move the grenade area or pan across the screen. I've also had a few instances where it went in a completely different area than intended. Almost killed my own guy. Seems to be a bigger problem with those scanners your snipers can launch.

13. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Honestly, I didn't know about it, I haven't been playing on the PC for a while since its easier (time wise anyway) to whip out my iPad then find time to sit at the computer! I will check it out though, thanks for the heads up!

14. Nickofullysicko

Jul 2, 2012
    No, sadly only had the one auto save as I was playing on ironman mode :(

15. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    So in ironman mode all saves are disabled save for the auto save?

I hate the auto save it probably works in ironman mode but its practically useless in other modes.. On battlefield it saves everything right before your current turn.. Duh.. I would thought it should save right in the beginning of your previous turn.

16. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I see what you mean. I play on my iphone and have problems positioning my grenades/Rockets. I never had my grenade fall in different area though. Maybe it hit a wall and bounced off?

17. Fakingmysuicide

Fakingmysuicide Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Fairbanks, Ak
    I think what happens is I unknowingly swipe to a different area right before I hit accept. On a semi-related note, I believe there should be some sort of back button, available only after your first move. So many times have I moved a unit only to realize it doesn't have a clear shot. Lotr the third age for gba did this wonderfully, if your unit could attack it would have a little sword or arrow icon on the tile you were moving to. It also let you backtrack if you decided you didn't like your first move.

18. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Yeah, that would be neat. Does the PC version have that feature? I am Xcom virgin;)

19. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    That would make the game super easy.. I thought you can predict if you got a clear shot or not by looking at the shield of the enemy? Full shield no clear shot. No shield half shield you probably gonna get at least a 50% up hit rate..

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    No the shield just means it's in cover - eg with a full shield you could get a clear shot if you shoot if from the right direction (ie not through the cover, instead attack it from the side or the back).