Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Soooo... This seems to have dropped off the main top charts for paid and gross in the US. Hope it did well enough to convince other shops to bring AAA titles to the App Store.

2. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    In this case, not one bit. This is not a stability issue, per se, it's an unhandled exception. You could be running this game on a mythical 12GB RAM iOS device and this particular crash will happen 100% of the time, which is why I reported it. The instability from the OS killing the game for excessive memory page requests were old news a week ago.

3. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    While it's no longer charting on paid, it's still sitting at #110 for grossing and that's still well performing for any app. I wouldn't worry.

4. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    not really....i think i already have more council meeting
    i grind a lot before building the hyperwave beacon
    already got all country with satellite also
    i play on normal though

5. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmm so that's how it works.. I must remember this when I play this on classic.. Those priority research and construction will trigger scripted events

6. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #966 gquiller, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    My apologies if asked before, how do you switch between weapons? There are 2 there, but I can select the one I am not currently using. I'm trying to switch to the rocket launcher?

Thanks in advance!

Figured it out - duh

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Pretty sure the rocket launcher is a one off use per game round by the soldier. It's accessed by the commands icons down the bottom dead Center of the screen. The icon tray that you'd used to target an enemy or activate over watch. The launcher I'm pretty sure is a yellow icon. It does not require switching like is done using the gun icons on the right.
    Hope that helps

8. shiftdelete

shiftdelete Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Ok quick question:
    Should I buy Kotor or Xcom?
    I only have enough room on my iPad for 1. Note- I also own both games on PC and have never played either for more than an hour or 2. I do like that Xcom is universal too.

9. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmmm kotor you need more attention to it.. You can't really pick up and play.. U can though but u will forget the story pretty easily and which shine on kotor most..
    I have both on my iPad but dropped kotor for xcom coz I haven't played xcom before lol

10. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Thanks & you can't use it when you have already moved.

11. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    After the first two missions I never use grenades nor launchers.. They destroy everything I don't think u have the corpses too

12. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    When your Heavy gain ranks, eventually he'll get the option to fire a rocket twice in a mission though.

13. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    Played for about 10hours so far and im glad to report that no crashes so far on my iphone 5

14. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    lot of crashes on my iPad not sure if I had a 2 or 3. often before or after a mission.

15. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    that's why the game started to be so hard. suddenly I didn't have any chance against those aliens. that's wired.

16. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    The game starts to get tough.. Few assistance if you guys may..

Do I need emp and fire storm to bring down overseer?

How do I get additional slot for my squad? I can't build officer training school no more.

I have researched until skeleton suit and plasma rifle..researching the archangel armor.. I have 3 labs.. Do I need that many or can I deconstruct?

Finally I think I discovered a bug on launching satellites.. My satellite gone but the country didn't receive it.. Duh

17. JayTay

JayTay Active Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Certainly Firestorm, you may be able to get away without the EMP but I'm not sure.
    You don't build the school, it's included as part of the barracks.

18. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Only if the game was started on Easy or Normal.

19. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Firestorm helps with everything, but you do not need the EMP cannon (it's not even that powerful). Took it down with 3 ships armed with nothing better than Laser cannon in my first game. Will have Plasma waiting for it this game :D

You buy it in the Officer School, which, assuming it's built (and since you're playing on Normal IIRC), you get to from the main Barracks screen.

I haven't built more than 1 on either of my games fwiw.

20. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The EMP cannon isn't about power (although it is powerful), it's about not breaking everything in the ships you shoot down, so you can loot more functional tech and other resources to use or sell after you've cleared it out on the ground.