Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
  2. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    What a fantastically expensive month this has been... Great time to be an iOS gamer :)

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Filesize:

[​IMG]

Expect the usual soon...

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

This is the final deathstroke for 8GB devices.

5. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Loved the XBOX version, loved the Mac version... Just don't think I'll play it anywhere as near as much as I might think on my iPad; for some reason while using the iDevices to play games my concentration is at an all time low, even playing 'proper' games. But stick the same game on a console or computer and I'll sit there for hours playing it.

Still, great news that it's here, and that they've stuck to their Heavy Plasma Rifles when it comes to the price. XCOM is effing EXCELLENT.

6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Haha I've been saving for this puppy so my wife is ok with it.....just. It's a big campaign but the length can depend on how you play it. I took 30hrs on my 1st playthrough. I started the hardcore mode (crazy hard) but when I found out it was coming to ios I waited.

Snatch it dude! Oh and it's a very International feeling game. Your marines can be from Germany, Australia, UK etc. Additionally you have to make calls of where in the world you want to defend :)

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's also the biggest game on the appstore ! Must find more games to erase.... I need that 128gb ipad :D

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... Yeah. The coup de grace that'll render them obsolete.

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm in love with that icon right now. I need to get paid this week so I can pick this up. A little low after buying a pretty big lunch and the Jak and Daxter collection yesterday :D

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I thought Apple had app size limits, but apparently it has gone beyond my expectations. I had 4GB left on my 64GB ipad mini, and it looks like i still have to delete stuff.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Haha, thanks! Ok, but it's still metalcasket who's gonna be stomped into the ground. :D

30 hours, you say. Holey moley. That's the reson to delay it. If it were a game where I can go though in 10-12hrs, o.k. - but this (although it's great value for money) is too long and would distract me from Quadropus Rampage, Gangstar Las Vegas and Phoenix Wright. I'll still get around 70-80 hours from these games, tho I am already deep in.

12. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Perhaps it's a great game, but I don't think that I'll lost $19.99 to buy this game. It's crazy.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yeah, in that iOS SDK forum, several developers mentioned that there's a restriction at 2GB and unpacked 2.8GB, back then, afaik. Maybe Apple got rid of that with iOS 6. Because iOS 4 and 5 had problems to handle files that were too large. Mustn't be true, but that's what I remember about that topic.

14. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    #34 grenadedodger, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
    I actually stopped playing the Xbox version when I heard it was coming out on the phones and pads. Cannot wait to buy this, even if it sits on my device whilst I'm finishing off WHQ and KOTOR, I am supporting [SNIP] this.

Oh and a word for those who haven't played it before, SATELLITES, seriously, get those [SNIP] built!

15. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Instabuy once it comes out in my local appstore, and that's around 4hours to go *fingers crossed*

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

17. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    The child in me is very excited with this release!! I don't normally do this... I'll be waiting up to download this one!! Never played this at all, but it certainly looks right up my street...

Keep up the support for true premium titles!!

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yup. It's crazy cheap. Do you really want to pay the price from the original release on other platforms?

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

edit: too late, but ignored now.

20. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    That was one heck of a teaser sanuku,LOL!!:D