Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    damn my 5 is 16 GB

2. Boomwolf

Boomwolf Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Texas
    Wait, there is an iPad 4 already?!

How does it run on a iPad 2? I'm planning on schooling my cousin from my phone while he yells angrily at my iPad XD

(When multiplayer arrives, that is)

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

#323 andsoitgoes, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    Did you reboot your device before loading up the game?

Yes yes yes! Screw everything else. If the App Store was to implode tomorrow and I couldn't download another game ever, I think I'd survive now with these options.

Seriously, KotOR? Xcom? Warhammer? Lets not even get started on the plethora of board games.

Maybe we disagreed in this thread, but here I completely agree. F2P is far too lucrative. Big developers have shareholders they need to answer to. Shareholders don't care if people hate the games as long as it's making money. Sadly, f2P micro transactions make so damn much money.

But there will continue to be developers like Firaxis who do things right, Rodeo, RocketCat and loads of other developers will hang around and fight to make GOOD games that might still have micro transactions but are fair to gamers.

Hahah - maybe someone forgot to pick them as the cities to save when they were demoing Xcom? ;)

4. Liberachi86

Liberachi86 Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Where's My Water 2 QA
    Works well with ios 7! Played the PC version in eyefinity triple-widescreen, but I honestly prefer this portable version despite the hit in graphics

5. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    This game is anything but ugly or laggy! Your opinionated comments earlier in the thread sparked all kinds of negativity and unneeded debates. Even had me concerned even though I was going to buy it regardless.

The game is great! Looks better than I thought, runs as good as I could hope, I am very excited to get lost in this awesome game whenever I want, because its on my freaking phone and ipad.

6. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    stil got 1 more hour for the download to finished
    ..sigh.....
    wished the internet speed is better here....

7. Liberachi86

Liberachi86 Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Where's My Water 2 QA
    I get no lags on iPhone 5, it needs latest gen devices to be smooth

8. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Are you also using an idevice? If iPhone 5, how is it. Is it like C&C by EA interms of controls.

9. NeilN

NeilN Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Holy, there are a lot of whiners in this thread. This port looks awesome compared to the last version of X-COM I played. That would be the DOS version with I think 256 colours and 8-bit sound and selling for $39.99. :) Given hardware limitations, why compare to other platforms? That's like saying PS3 games suck because you can't tuck the console in your pocket or briefcase and play wherever you go. Why not compare to other games on the same platform?

10. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Noted. Thanks

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Discovery: it is avail in Hong Kong store! Hell yeah!

12. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Played through a few missions on my iPad 4. So far no problems with performance. Also, after all these reports of low-res textures and low-bitrate audio, I was bracing myself a bit. Quite honestly, on my iPad, this game looks fantastic. Crisp, clean - it just looks absolutely incredible on my iPad. Audio sounds just fine, but I should note that I've been using the built-in speaker, not headphones.

As mentioned on the previous page, with this, KOTOR, Warhammer, Agricola, I think I am set for the summer WRT iPad games.

13. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    #333 Alister, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    LOL!!It is to be expected specially on the Internet..:D

Edit:Wow somebody's back with the expected idiotic rage..Be careful peeps he knows more about your devices than yourself..Even though he doesn't have it...

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This really impressed me. It hasnt gotten a lot of playtime from me yet because of Spiral, but im sure this will be a timesink for me.

The toned down graphics arent bad here... It still looks great, and plays really well. Actually, I really like the touch interface more than when i click the mouse on the PC.

I did foresee way back, back when i first started playing on the ipod touch4, that strategy games will reign supreme on the touchscreen interface, and this is definitely one of those that confirm that. PvZ, Anomaly titles, WHQ, FFT, or even town builders like Pixel People, or table card or board strategy games, all work so well on touchscreens, and XCom is the boss of the pack.

15. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Playing on a mini? If so, I might eventually pick it.

16. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    And there is lies one of the reasons I bought this game. Maybe, hopefully, Firaxis will be convinced by this game to release Civilization for iOS (and not just a port of the console version, I mean real Civ)

17. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Details? Would be way more helpful. Thanks

18. Jaylewl

Jaylewl Member

May 17, 2013
    How's the performance on iPad 3??

19. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    It's not that sort of game.

I wish people would use the Internet to research answers for themselves for this sort of question instead of expecting forum users to do all the work for them.

20. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    According to some chap, not great. That's all he said so its impossible to tell what he meant and what his standards are.