iPad X-Plane racing is out!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Chang3r, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Chang3r

Chang3r Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    #1 Chang3r, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    X-Plane racing is out. has anyone tried i was pretty keen on this. i been looking forward to military planes so i might pick this one up.

[App Store Link, $9.99]

[​IMG]

2. ozron

ozron Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    IT Project Manager
    Melbourne, Australia
  3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Multiplayer, WiFi only?:confused:

X-Plane owners should be happy now with all their updates.

Bet there will be at least 5 new "which X-Plane..." threads throughout the day.

4. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Finally, an x-plane GAME

Now they just need to add dogfighting and it will be huge

5. Chang3r

Chang3r Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Dogfighting would be sweet and with addition like this 'racing' element we can only hope it goes one step further

6. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    *purchased

7. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Can someone tell me if you can turn off the "hoops" to use Racing as just a flying sim?? Or do you have to simply ignore the hoops to get a non-racing sim?

(Yes, I'm wondering if X-Plane Racing is *also* just plain old X-Plane?!? Seems like you'd get two sims for the price of one!)

Thanks in advance!

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Same question...:confused:

9. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    not reallly..............................ask austin. but if u want that u could have gotten extreme. i'll ask him anyways................

i dont think austin would give u two for one though :p

10. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    loving the game so far. and dont forget; i gave u guys the exclusive!! :D;)

11. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Yet, if he plans to add WIFI to the other X-plane apps, do they not also become sims/racing games by default?

12. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    not really. x-plane racing has a really good computer plane; and hoops in the sky. it's timed. it has a "course" so to call it.

the other ones you can fly with your friends but i dont belive that they have hoops or a marked course.

13. Snotfist

Snotfist Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Yeah, thank goodness for you, because without your prior exclusive coverage this game might not ever have been released and we would all sit here and wonder what in the world we were going to do with our lives.

14. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    lmao!!! lol. well im happy ok?!

15. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    No dogfighting? Booooooooooooooooooring!
    :(

16. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Hoops? Blegh. I thought you'd be flying through canyons and mountains and stuff, trying to find the best route. I hate it when I'm confined like this :(

17. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Very tempted to buy this one but not yet. So far, no "flying" game on this platform is "serious" enough for my taste, may be except this series.

But I am a bit reserved about paying at this price tag for limited favour. Let me explain: if I want to fly super jet, I get the Extreme. If I want to race, I get this one but I would have to forego the super jets. Okay, if there were a "Dogfight" version, I don't have any race and even super jets if I get that one. (I am greedy, I know). I appreciate very much the developers keep putting updates and upgrades to existing products, though.

And, if I am really serious, it seems to me the developer does not care too much about the variations of the planes, especially WW2 planes. P-51 series, iirc, has very different handling characteristics down the models. If you play Warbirds before, you know what I mean. And not to mention, I would love to see more "foreign" planes included (Spitfire Mk. IX, Fw-190D, etc).

Last but not least: got really burnt by Paper Pilot. Can anyone tell me the performance and responsiveness on iPhone 3G?

18. LesPaul

LesPaul Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    wait.... why would i buy x plane racing when i can get x plane extreme which probably has nicer planes... more locations .... and get racing in that one too?

19. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I realize the whole you should pay for a good game...

But I was wondering if anyone thinks the price on these x-plane games will ever drop below $10??? I just don't quite think I can pay $10 for a game from what I've seen so far in the app store... especially when I can get 10 $1 games as good as the toy bots, idracula, pocket god, and others. Anyone know, agree?

20. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    there's no real reason to. the dev's good at extortion :rolleyes: