iPad X-Plane for $19.99?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ipressbuttons, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    i would love a premium priced x-plane feauturing much more content or even all the x-plane's in one app. Any body else?

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    He should start the trend. Put the heli, extreme, and og for $19.99. I'd buy it.

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Same...

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

so by doing that, i just purchased a demo for 10 bucks when i could of bought it again, for 20 or more....

[sarcasm]im sure that would go over really well initially [/sarcasm]

im sure that is where it will prob. go, but the transition will piss off a lot of people

it would be nice if he offered an update price, or a day for people to purchase it for 9 bucks,

but then that would piss people off too..you just cant win

5. Snotfist

Snotfist Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I really think App Store shoppers have to be the cheapest people on earth. Everyone wants everything for $0.99. They want more and more features but are willing to spend less and less.

6. mek

mek Well-Known Member

its not so much that i want it for 99 cents, but i dont want to spend 10 bucks on an app, then have it become just a demo, for a new app the developer is pushing, to me, that is not cool, cause the app you paid 10 bucks for, is now heavy laced with advertising for the more expensive app

im not directly talking about x-plane, but other apps for which i paid for, and they turned into one big advertising demo

it makes me loose faith in not only the developer, but the app store and update process

I do think a bigger app is a good idea, im just stressing, it will piss some people off

but i think Austin is cautious of this, that is why he still updates the original apps as he expands and adds more

7. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Not everyone can sell games or apps for $20, apple is being selective with the companies allowed.

After releasing so many 9.99 apps though I can imagne a lot of pissed off people if in a months time he releases them all together for a 20 dollar app.

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

didn't he personally get called to Apple's Studios to develop the game, i remember reading about an article on how he ported x-plane

so i believe that he has inside contacts with apple, and if he doesnt get selected for the premium section, that still doesn't stop him from combining the apps on his own and selling them for $20 or $40 or $999

something tells me he will be able to get into the rumored Premium Section

9. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    most of my friends who have an iPhone/touch don't even want to spend $0.99. to each there own i guess. I for one don't mind paying for something that is good. But really anything over 9.99 I don't think I'll buy. It just does not fit in my iPhone budget.

10. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Seriously, I wonder what would've happened if Apple had said "Prices for apps are either free, $4.99, $5.99, $6.99...?