iPad X-Plane Extreme

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sjleworthy, Jan 31, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    I was just installing my xplane helipcopter update, and the description kept banging on about xplane extreme, featuring aircraft like the Sr-71, b-1, b-2 and f-22.

Any one got any futher news ok this? It sounds completely awesome!

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I emailer Austin earlier. He said it has been submitted to Apple as well as another update to Airliner and normal Xplane.

He said he would give details later. There's another thread already..

3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    thanks, ok. i just read the other thread a few pages back :)

looks like something exciting is imminent. i cant see Apple saying no can you? :)

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Not really. The worst it could have is dog fighting which is not a problem since Flight Stunts was approved.

5. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    X Plane Extreme

So I recently updated X-Plane Airliner, and they say X Plane Extreme is now in the App store. I really am quite excited and I don't mind spending $9.99 on it, but 1) It isn't on the App store and thus 2) Does anyone have any idea when it will be?

6. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Its submitted ... Apple approval process as always

7. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #7 spyker3292, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
    Too...many...versions....

I wish the developer would have told us that all the features would be released in separate versions. Then I would have waiting, but nope, I bought the original. Now this is pretty much like paying for DLC, and I don't plan on doing that.

8. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    exactly, it's pretty unfair to promise future updates an then launching step-by-step extra upps each for 10 bucks.:mad:

9. Brendonian

Brendonian Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I think these apps are fantastic value for money. All versions are getting great updates on a pretty regular basis.

10. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I've heard all about X plane and x helicopter (wtvr its called) but is it just a fancy flight simulator for people who know planes or is it a fun game for the average person? Also, what will x plane extreme be about?

11. jack000

Jan 6, 2009
    i didn't say anything about the quality. yes indeed the app is fantastic, but thats not the point so please don't mix these two topics. i'm talking about the policy..promising upates without mentioning that the app will be splitted is not ok i think.

12. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Don't look at is so much as a DLC kind of thing. I mean, he couldn't have possibly planned everything out from the beginning. And I think what he's doing is pretty fair. X Planes of different categories are clearly stated. It's not like he promised a heli addition to the original, and then released it as another version. And now that content is being shared across all X Planes, I think each X Plane is really worth it. Besides, look at the original price of the desktop version. Pretty close to $60, or 10c less or something. And each X Plane costs $10. So that works out to about 6 X planes. And the fact that they're regularly updated, and top range graphics considering it's a mobile platform, and a hundred other features. So don't look at it like a DLC. Look at it like a standalone expansion pack.

13. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Oh please, PLEASE let it have dogfighting.

14. jack000

Jan 6, 2009

by the way, it's $ 39 for the full desktop version. and sorry.. but you said it, it's a mobile platform and you're trying to compare this with the full desktop version? i don't think at all these 3..means 4... apps that costs $40 are worth it.

15. synagence

Dec 4, 2008
    These apps are starting to add up though ... the 3 games that are now out are £18 in total ... another is coming along for presumably another £5.99 ... so thats £24 in total.... $39 for the desktop version ... its getting close to the same price .... are they *worth* the same?

16. synagence

Dec 4, 2008
    They're not about fighting ... they're about flying ... it'll be the same as X-Plane regular just with fast jet's

17. Snotfist

Snotfist Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Interesting note in the description states there are going to be other planes in the air with you. That is starting to sound much more interesting. He states that that feature will be coming out on all flavors soon too. Does this mean I finally get to get in a hold pattern and land behind another plane?

Now that would be wicked.

I really just want to be able to taxi.

18. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm excited about this app. If it's marked down when it comes out, like Airliner and Helicopter were, I'm going to grab immediately.

19. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

The thing is, each caters for an entirely different type of flying, civil fixed wing, helis and military. There are fans of each type and if he'd released one version for $30 which had all 3 in it, then there'd have been complaints that it was too expensive when "I don't use helis or military" etc.

This way you can buy whichever types of aircraft you want, without having to waste money on the ones you don't.

It's pretty difficult to compare X-Plane on price to other mobile apps, because it doesn't really have anything else to compare with it. If people are buying it at its current price and Austin thinks it's selling well enough then there's no real need for him to reduce the price.

20. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Sorry. My mistake. But I think they say that was the original price, and it's going up again soon. So yeah. But at the moment it's $39.