iPad X-Plane Extreme is out!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 3, 2009.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #1 NotYou, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
  2. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    looks pretty cool, i might buy, i hope it's not exactly the same as the others except w/ military planes

3. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    If I decide to get one of them, this version will be it!

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yea I have the original and love it, but I might just have to get this... I was hoping for a launch sale though... :(

5. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I don't see any proof, other than you used magic! Your mod voodoo :eek:
    Ahhh! it's happening again! help!

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I erased those posts. Now you just look crazy.:cool:

7. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I know this WILL sound like a stupid question but ummmm what exactly is the point of this game? I don't mean to knock it...I just really want to know cuz if it's really all that good then I'll think about getting it....so is there a point or do you just fly around looking at pilots guages and technical stuff? Is it a game??? I always thought the x-plane "games" were more like a chore (BUT THEN AGAIN I NEVER PLAYED IT JUST LOOKED AT SCREENSHOTS) like something a pilot could appreciate but not the everyday gamer.....now come and scream at me!! :) but really! What is this THING!???? AND IS IT BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHER X-PLANE GAMES?
    THANKS......TO ALL

8. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I know, it's a conspiracy! :eek:
    Either that or it never really happened?... :rolleyes:
    I guess only you and I know the real truth...

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    It's not actually a game. It's a flight simulator. It's in the game section of the app store, so it's a bit misleading. This one seems to be more of a game than the others though. It has jets that fly set paths along with you.

10. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    It's an almost true to life flight sim, or about as close as you could without a real yoke and flight stick... There are no "real" objectives.... Well don't crash is the only one I guess... I like the original enough

11. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    I was hoping for a update adding buildings, landmarks, and various point of interest. Nothing like zooming over Statue of Liberty in a Blackbird or cruising over Mt. Rushmore aboard a B-2.

Hopefully now that the tough coding bringing this version to life is done, some work on the locations will start.

For something like that, I would not mind paying $20 for.

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Definitely. I would love to fly around the SF Bay bridges in the San Francisco map!

13. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yea, it doesn't even have to be that rendered for me, I just want some damn scenery! :mad:

14. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    #14 field5, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
    Thanks and Thanks LOL you guys sure do like posting at the exact same minute! :) glad I read it before it gets deleted ;) :p :D

so if I were to get one (ironically I'm looking to buy games for an upcoming long flight lol) then of all the x-plane games this would be the one to get?

15. theishkid

theishkid Well-Known Member

Wow this is so dissapointing that they didn't do the 5 dollar sale as they did with the other expansions. I really want this too. But is it worth it for the jets?The worst part is that he's missing a bunch of really awesome jets like the f18 with maybe a blue angel skin or the f 16 ( isn't that the one where the wings expand and contract? I don't know... I guess he isn't designing xplane airshow but I think that would be fun. The original x is a blast and I do not regret it. I don't regret the other 2 simply because they were so cheap in the beginning. But I don't want another one unless you can really feel the power of the sim... Unless there is enough new to make it worth it. So any of you hard core fans who have the others give us some quick initial reactions.

16. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    If I were to buy just one x-plane! which one should I buy out of all of them?

17. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    i'm a little disappointed. I think the maps are too small for these aircrafts.

I shouldn't have bought it, x-plane airliner is much more fun i think.

by the way, did anyone of you see other planes that were promised in the description?

18. theishkid

theishkid Well-Known Member

Well they are in the screen shots so they must be somewhere. I was curious about map size too going Mach 3. Do the planes at least feel fast?

19. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    #19 hkiphone, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
    Sooo damn tempting!!!! I love the idea of racing against another F22 raptor! (If only you knew where the 'checkpoints' are, if any!)

I think I'll hold until I've cleared off afew other games first. I'm overbudget already...

I've got the original one and the airliner. Played the original quite alot and really like it. There's alot to customise in order to make it easier or harder for yourself to fly from one airport to another and land successfully. Only had time to try the airliner once, but you can definitely tell that you're flying a jumbo jet!!! In some ways, I think newbies should start with the original first, so that you get used to the landing etc, but then again, who doesn't want to be a Fighter Pilot??? :)

A shame you can't fly an F-14 Tomcat (yes, the one with swing wings) and land on an aircraft carrier with arrester hooks! That would be just AWESOME!!!!

20. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    yes, BUT really really hard to control at a certain speed level.