X-Com on the iphone/touch?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by terrett101, Oct 16, 2008.

1. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I was searching the net for an iphone version of xcom, and I saw his site and this thread, pretty nice what they are doing.
    Can't wait for a release, I miss this kind of games, and all turn based I played on the iphone lack of this deep gameplay.

(sorry for bad english, as usual :D)

2. aliensvshumans

aliensvshumans Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
  3. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks for the video link to your game. Always looking forward for tactical strategy games on IOS.

4. MartianLM

MartianLM Member

Oct 7, 2011
    I LOVED X-Com. You could always try Hunters Episode 1 as an iOS alternative (SD / HD), it's not got the depth of X-Com and you're not fighting aliens, but it is good ol' turn based shooter. When I first downloaded it the first couple of levels were free so you could try before you buy, not sure if that's still available.

At the price the US site is currently showing I hesitate to tell you to just buy it, wait to get it on a deal somehow.

5. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    if you were lucky enough to have gotten idos before it got pulled you could be playing xcom right now. i do it all the time! runs slightly slow, but way better than the ps1 version on the psx emu... i been looking forward to isocron for what seems like forever. hope its making good progress, cause i've already beaten ufo defense two times on superhuman :D psionists and blaster launchers FTW!!!

6. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    There's new levels!!!! Did they increase char level? As all mine were maxed.

I got Xcom on steam too, only reason I keep my netbook around is for old games and it runs morrowind