Universal Wyvern (by Ghost Track Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    For Rachels Cat:
    http://wyvernsource.com/2016/10/31/rachels-cat/

As far as builds go, generally you want to max your main weapon skill (swords, axes, clubs, ranged, etc.) at your level. So if you're level 10, keep it at 10. Generally if you're using melee, getting Strength to 20 is advised, as well as training as much Find Weakness as you can. You will also want to at least invest in one way to heal by either training in the healing skill, or training some incantation and using minor/major healing spell or rods. Merchant is also always nice to have a little bit of to help with making money.

2. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Huh. That's a little different than the Wiki. I'll have to give that a try later.

That makes a lot of sense, thank you! What about magic? You have the main 4 (Conjuration, Evocation, Enchantment, Incantation) and then the 8 elements (Air, Death, Earth, Fire, Life, Mind, Spirit, Water). How would I build a Summoner (like I keep seeing on reddit)? Or a nuker?

3. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Also, how do you find out starting resistances and starting strength? I still haven't found a way to see those with commands.

4. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I'd recommend Nuker, summoner's aren't that viable yet. I would max your fire (keep it at your level), get enough lore for fire spray, get 7 evocation so your spells are a little cheaper, get some water for monsters you can't kill with fire, train a few life so your resists last more than just a minute, get a total of 7 spirit for mana shield, and put the rest of your points in find weakness to increase your damage. That's just a rough draft, Mages are a little more complicated than melee are.

http://wiki.wyvernsource.com/index.php/Races

I'd check that out, it's mostly up-to-date with all starting skills, hp/sp ratios, and resistances.

5. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Is there a map somewhere? Trying to get around is pretty confusing

6. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #66 athros, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    You can buy a blank map at the general store.

There is also an image map here.

EDIT: If you apply the map when outside of a town, you can "show the map" or "show locations" Show the map prints a copy of the map in the text area, show locations prints out a list of locations and how far they are from you (example: Zoo is 59 West, 29 North)

7. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    I agree with Xandrak..

What does a blank map do?

8. TheJoey4

TheJoey4 Active Member

Jan 30, 2013
    This game is AMAZINGLY intracate.... I heard about the old wyvern game, and it gives me more appreciation the amount of YEARS (yes, not hours) that the community and the developer have put into this! I really encourage everyone to try this! It is actually a VERY challenging mmorpg, the detail in it though is something Ive never seen on ios, hands down!

9. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    If you apply it, it will show you how many steps in N, W, E, S directions to get to a place on the world map. Helps a lot until you have some spare cash to just use the Department of Transportation (DoT) which you can use to teleport directly to some locations.

10. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    One of the best RPGs i have ever played. A must have, and i quote what the guy above said

11. TheJoey4

TheJoey4 Active Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Who me?? Lol

Yeah - I usually am a passive user on TA - I dont comment on too much (I do rate what I play though) but I gotta say something when theres a gem this big!

12. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    So far i'm only level 4 and while i can certainly sense that there is a lot of depth here i do wonder if combat ever evolves beyond simply bumping into stuff?

Like active skills and such and if so, when does that happen?

13. WyvernRhialto

WyvernRhialto New Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Combat and skills

Bumping into stuff is the melee route. It's relatively simple (other than chasing fleeing enemies) and is friendly to bad connections, since it auto-fights for you.

If you want more active combat, there are two main paths today: archery and spellcasting. Archery initially requires more active manipulation of the UI, because you have to fire in the direction of the monster you're targeting using the fire wheel in the lower-right corner. Later you can join the Archers Guild and get access to Autofire, which will target monsters and fire like a machine gun while you have ammo. Or you can play a Wood Elf and get autofire right away, though it requires Range skill training to increase its speed.

If you want complete control over your combat experience, you can play a spellcaster. Not really recommended for a first-time player. You can learn how it works by finding or buying wands and rods. They let you cast spells without actually learning the spell, so it's good practice. There are different specializations for spellcasting.

Down the road, I'll be adding better UI for managing active spellcasting (such as a quick-button bar that lets you fire different spells), as well as other combat types such as hurled weapons, and eventually thief/rogue-like combat with backstabbing and whatnot.

If you go melee, there's a lot you can do while your character is automatically fighting -- you can cast spells on the side, manage your resistances with potions or scrolls, use inventory items like portable holes or food, and so on. The game keeps you pretty busy during combat at higher levels.

Hope that helps.

14. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    That helped a lot

Thanks!

As i said, i'm already sensing a lot of depth to the mechanics which is awesome in the age of dumbing down games. I think i'll start an Archer on the side to see the more active combat. I'll save spellcasting for later;)

15. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
  16. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    This or Exiled Kingdom?

17. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    This, no doubt.

18. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ok, I'm still on the fence here. Someone enlighten me please - I don't have a huge amount of free time (maybe an hour or two a night after kids are in bed) where I also have access to wifi. Roughly how long do quests take to play through and will I get anywhere in that small a time window? Or should I just accept this requires a much greater time commitment and stick with Dungeons of Chaos/Dungeons of Evermore?

19. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    You can definitely make it to the Hall of Fame (level 25) with just small sprints of playtime. The game has plenty of maps for all character levels in the game that you never have to grind just one area for hours to gain xp and gold.

Most of the easy quests can be completed in a few minutes, and the medium quests all take under an hour. The harder quests late game can take multiple hours, but there are guides written for them on the wiki and wyvernsource.com and you can use your free 100 crowns you get just for creating your character to buy quest points and essentially skip all the questing if you need to.

My friends and I will do our favorite areas in between games of Overwatch or League and let them re spawn while we play, so your play style is completely viable and the community is very helpful in game if you get stuck.

20. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Cool. Thanks for this, really helpful. Might well take the plunge then.

Just to elaborate though - is it possible to quest alone or can you only go in a party? And do you have to meet in a lobby and then all set off together or do you just jump in with others as and when?