Universal Wyvern (by Ghost Track Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Dec 14, 2016.

1. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    THANK YOU. I don't need a step by step walk through. Just some tips and hints. Ha ha.

2. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I'm a bit surprised that the developer did not have a video to show game play. With the Mario run hype and the Christmas
    game price drops, this game should have a video to help sell it. I'm not buying until I see one and others have asked as well.
    I really want to see how the interface works and the combat. The play area looks small and the interface is really
    crouded . I just want to get a feel for how it may play on my iPad mini.

Thanks

3. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    To see some game play would help me to decide. I searched on youtube but didn't found anything.

4. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #44 athros, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Disclaimer: I've only been playing for a couple of hours with only a couple of characters. I fully expect the veterans to jump in and add to the post (Yes, I give full permission to put this on the wiki at http://wiki.wyvernsource.com)

1. Do the tutorial. All of it. I'm not kidding. At the end of the tutorial, when you give the torch and get a white gem, go identify it - it's worth 250 Gold.
    2. Once you've completed the tutorial, you'll be in your home. This is **your home**. All the things in here are safe from theft, and will never disappear. If you want to store things, this is the place to do it. You can also open the **Builder Mode** in here and erase the starting sign, make changes to the layout and so on. I'd recommend holding off for now, and finding the portal out (should be blue).
    3. Once through the portal, you'll be seeing this screen:
      [​IMG]
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma35gq45dmxtw4o/Starting_Cropped.jpg?dl=0
    4. From here there are a couple of places you can go - The Adventurers guild has a Green Portal that will take you back to your home, and on the first floor, to the west is a room with quests in it.
    5. There's also the Newbie Hut, the Abandoned Cathedral and the First Quest

Newbie Hut -
    [​IMG]
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7hh2mgkmugotvl/NewbieHouse_Cropped.jpg?dl=0
    To the east is a Newbie Hut with enemies and treasure in it. I don't know when it actually resets (every game day? 2 game days?) so mostly things will stay dead when you've cleared it out.

1. The first floor is rats, with 2-4 treasure type things (equipment, silver, gems). The amount of enemies coming at you is mostly controllable due to the levers. There are 3 in the first room, 10-12 on the left and 10-12 on the right rooms, where the treasure is. Door to the north leads to the next floor/room. Not much to say here other than practice moving, and not getting surrounded. Use arrows/spells if you have them.
    2. Through the north door is zombies (a little tougher) and again, 2-4 treasures. There will be 2 doors directly to the north, which the zombies will open if you're too slow. There will be anywhere from 8-12 zombies initially - once they're killed (they don't rise back up thank goodness) you can go left or right. It's one big loop, so don't worry which way you pick. More zombies will be revealed as you come around corners, try not to over extend and get surrounded. The treasures are all over, so be sure to fully explore the floor.
    3. Down the stairs brings you to the first floor with Kobolds, Goblins, Zombies and Monster Generators. I've found 6 treasures on this floor, and the kobolds/goblins drop tiny round shields, curved knife and orcish stone axes with what seems like a small possibility for other weapons and pieces of armor- all of which are sellable at the Weapons shop for 10-30 gold per. The Kobolds and Goblins will open doors and come at you. It's all straight East-West corridors with doors between them at the ends. The generators are at the start and end of the 3rd corridor. I had to tap them to destroy them, though I don't know if that's right or not.
    4. Down one more floor is a floor *full* of enemies. The generators are all over, in blocks of 4 and 5. Even as a Stone Giant I had to dance around to get through this level. So many enemies. I don't have any advice for the layout, as I did it once and wasn't really paying attention due to all the dancing. Groups of generators are in their own rooms.

I made, roughly, 2000 gold and hit level 2 doing these

Abandoned Cathedral
    The Cathedral is to the NorthEast, and I've only really been in there once. The first floor spawns skeletons which drop sword type weapons and shields.

[​IMG]
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gpavex9us4uckl/Cathedral_FirstQuest_Cropped.jpg?dl=0

The First Quest is also located in the area (see the screenshot). If you go into the indicated house and talk to the guy in red, he'll tell you what you need to do. There are lots of goblins to deal with, but they don't swarm you as badly as they did in the newbie hut. Finishing the quest will get you 1 quest point and a diamond worth 500 gold.

5. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Exactly. I asked for it a couple of times but nothing...

6. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #46 athros, Dec 16, 2016
    I'm working on Skills to train - the Wyvern Survival guide says Healing and Lore first (I'm in agreement really) and so I'm looking at what that costs, and spells to grab (Minor Healing is one of them).

I need to pick a different starting character and really start form scratch, rather than write from memory.

I'm also going to be writing out the races and what they start with for Skills, Spells, Equipment and so on, to expand what's on the wiki.

7. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    athros , thanks for the info about the game.
    I will have to check out the wiki you talked about.

8. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Gameplay Video

Here is the Minath Monster arena game play video from the game when it was on the PC. The game play is identical to today so it should still be relevant to help give you guys a feel.

This player was a mage, and the Minath Monster arena was a challenge you could try where you have to go through about 50 maps, killing all the monsters in each map without getting to rest or heal, and in the end you fight a big bad boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCNdjEYDJU

Note: It is sped up.

9. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    When do you choose your class?
    Wish there was more character to choose from as I'd like a guy in armour or a 2 handed character, but the only one is what looks like a barbarian, and I hate barbarians... but had to choose that.
    Does the characters look change depending on what equipment they wear/use?

10. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Looks like the servers are down for maintenance.

Patch Notes

11. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Your class is the guild you end up choosing. There are 6 guilds currently: Axemen, Cavemans, Paladins, Mages, Archers, and Monks guild. Each guild gives skill bonuses and updated art for your character, but you are limited to using a specific weapon or magic to kill enemies to gain guild xp.

Check out this page for more information about each guild: http://wiki.wyvernsource.com/index.php/Guilds

12. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    #52 ItouchBrett, Dec 16, 2016
    How do I delete characters

13. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #53 athros, Dec 16, 2016
    Go to the Adventurers Guild. In the Northwest section, there is a dark grey staircase going up. Take it, and read the signs - takes a day to clear out the name for reuse (as I found).

14. MintCity

Jun 24, 2016
    Is the combat turn based or action? The sped up video was kind of confusing. I couldn't tell which style the combat was. I love the art though.

15. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    +1 to Athros
    Your intro walkthrough was just what I needed.
    I completed the tutorial and was like, ok, what do I do now.
    Thanks

16. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Thanks.
    So there's no normal warrior class or no 2 handed sword user classes? :(

17. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Any suggestions on a good combination for a new player that's easy at the start?

18. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Axemens and Cavemens are the closest to a straight warrior class. There are two handed weapons in the game, giants can wield two handed weapons with one hand as well :)

19. MintCity

Jun 24, 2016
    If you go into this expecting a flashy game, this is not it. Do not judge it by its appearance. This is a really deep, engaging, and fun game! This is a true MMO RPG. It reminds me of the times I used to play RuneScape (when it first came out) because of the thrills of discovery and the rush that comes with character progression through trial and error. I have only spent three hours with the game but I am enthralled with it. Well worth the price. The in app purchases are not needed at all either. All you can purchase is a special currency that can be converted into gold. It just saves you time grinding for gold. The community within the game is super helpful and friendly!

20. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    I second RichRuzz's request for builds/training paths. I'm at 3 or 4 hours now and I'm really lost on what to train.

On the other side, I found a few more quests. I just need to figure out how to write them up (one of them, I need to figure out how to catch the damn cat since no matter how fast I am, nothing with tapping works to catch the fu(&*T(&*^ cat).