Universal Wyvern (by Ghost Track Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    #21 Heqet, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    If haven't saved somewhere else yet, using the red beds, you can just relog and you will end up back in your house. If you saved somewhere else and need to get back, you need to look for a green portal. They are usually in hospitals or in Department of Transportation buildings.

Yes, it's a MMORPG.

It was supposed to be posted at the current 1.99 price it is now, so it vanished while the price adjusted. That price is also temporary as the creator wants to slowly integrate the game to the masses to make sure the amazon servers can handle the growth. It will eventually be free to play.

2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Thanks for that Heqet.
    Off the back of your wonderful introduction I've taken the plunge and am playing through the tutorial.
    One thing, the actual play area is quite small on my iPad Air 2 but does allow zooming with a pinch on the screen.
    Is there a list of commands anywhere to enter on the keyboard and is it just limited to chat?
    I'm sure I'll have many more questions so I'll leave things for now. Thanks again for the links also. Much reading to be done.

PS. I started as a wood elf as I fancied the archer character. Not sure if it's a good choice for a newbie or not.

3. alakasam

alakasam New Member

Dec 15, 2016
    It's an mmorpg, yes.

4. alakasam

alakasam New Member

Dec 15, 2016
    IAP is not necessary, it's not pay to win. It's for.. convenience! I've maxed out many characters and guilds without paying a single cent. There isn't a massive incline in progress that you see in 99% of freemium games. It's $2 up front, but you really don't have to pay anything else. No timers or progress bars to wait for. Gold is plentiful, and experience is super reasonable.

5. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Is it possible to see some game play in a video perhaps?
    Thank you.

6. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    I didn't even think to try that. So much better!

7. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    You can use the command "alias <key or keyword> <command>" to make hotkeys or hotkeywords. For example, "alias g get all" would make your "g" key on the keyboard perform the "get all" command, or "alias fireres drink fire endurance" would make the command "fireres" drink a potion of fire endurance if you have one. You can alias whatever commands you want to any key on your keyboard.

Wood elf is a fantastic choice for newbies. They get autofire from the start (dont have to join the archers guild to unlock it like other races do) so you will automatically fire arrows at enemies without having to manually do it when they get within range. I believe the command to turn this on and off is "autofire on" and "autofire off."

8. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I'm really intrigued, does anyone have a gameplay video?

9. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Ways to delete characters? I was making a couple to see what the different races looked like and now I'd like to clean it out if possible.

10. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Is this cross platform so my android friends can join me?

11. Heqet

Heqet Member

Dec 15, 2016
    In New Verden (the first down you're dumped in), find the Adventure's Guild. There is a staircase on the first floor that will take you to a room where you can delete your character. It will take a few days for the character to be fully deleted and not appear on your character selection screen.

12. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #32 athros, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Perfect. It's been instant so far (did 2).

For perfect directions, the staircase is in the NW, and is darker grey. Read the signs on the way up and it's super easy.

Thanks!

EDIT: Ah. It does take time to clear out the name for reuse.

13. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Aww, server is down. Application has exceeded its quota.

...I can quit at any time.

14. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Clicked sign in with facebook to continue my game and it gives me a load of system text on screen and goes off :(
    Can't start my game

15. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Looks like the spending cap for the Google Cloud was hit. It's back up now!

16. Frostneo

Frostneo New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Hey guys, glad to see we've got some newcomers on here. I just saw the post on here and wanted to introduce myself and offer any help or knowledge to any new players or would-be players.

I started playing back in march 2003, and this is not only one of my all time favorite games from my childhood but also my current favorite and recent addiction since we started testing it a few months back.

One of my favorite parts of wyvern is the character customization from a skills/gear standpoint. Over the 100+ days of in game time I've spent playing this game over the many years, I've created more than 50 characters, each one different from the next. Everything you can possibly think of from a standard Frost Giant Axeman or Human Paladin to more uncommon builds like my dual-club-wielding Dark Elf Caveman or my Storm Giant Mage Whipsman.

All I can say is give it an honest try and play for several hours. It gets really exciting as you lvl up and train more skills, get new gear and then eventually join a guild around lvl 10-15, which is usually a game changer for most builds (there are also unguided builds though).

Let me know if you have any questions about the game or in game, I am currently playing a Rakshasa Tiger Monk named Shrapnel. Feel free to send me a tell in game (tell shrapnel ___) or ask on here if you need any help!!!

17. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Any gameplay video's around?

18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I am having a hard time getting into this game and it's possibly because of the MMO aspect. I love the old school RPG style cause that's what I love to play but I have never gotten into the big multiplayer games (shocking I know) I leave the town to fight and can't get very far without dying and then I lose what little experience I had I don't know if I'll ever become a level 2 at this point. Of course there is the option to spend crowns on the resurrection machine, that's where the icky f2p mechanics I hate enter the picture. I'm going to give this a few more goes because I really do want to like this one.

19. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Go to the church and some other buildings in the starting town. There are easy fights there. Might help you get early level ups

20. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #40 athros, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    I'm working on an early game guide this morning, as I think a lot of people are going to be confused by the early game (I know I was).

EDIT: waiting for screenshots to sync up in Dropbox so I can pull them and start annotating, then I'll tie it all together and post it here.