Universal WWE Immortals (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I think you're misunderstanding how the stamina works. It's really only a bother in the very early portions of the game when you're just getting started, a few days at most. This game is generous about dolling out new characters while playing the campaign and coins are easy enough to earn that you can always be buying more.

The timers in this game are way friendlier than in many other games, and in fact I don't even think they're implemented as a way to push towards IAP. If they weren't there, you'd just level up 3 characters to the max and use solely them for the entire game. It would be pretty dumb. The fact that they have a cooldown means you're constantly mixing and matching characters and trying to use different teams. It forces you to explore the full roster, and not just cheese through with a couple of powered up fighters. I actually think it's more of a gameplay mechanic than a freemium mechanic.

I've been playing Injustice for a long, long time and it's at the point now that if I sit down and try to play continuously by burning through every character's energy in a row, by the time I get to the end of the roster the characters that I began with are already fully refilled. This means I will never, ever be forced to stop playing because of the energy bars. Honestly I don't think I could play much more than a couple hours straight of Injustice anyway!

All this is just a long-winded way of saying don't let the stamina bars scare you or your son off. It would be nice if there was a way to avoid this slow early-game progression, but the game opens up so significantly after it that it would be a shame if he skipped out on a game he otherwise enjoys just because of it.

2. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    That is awesome sivad, could you give me some advice of which battles to grind for gold?

I have these cards.

Bronze:
    The Demon Kane lvl 17
    Dark Sorceress Paige lvl 17
    Giant Big Show lvl 16
    YES! Movement Daniel Bryan lvl 14
    Centurion Roman Reigns lvl 11
    Pyromancer Nikki Bella lvl 8
    Ancient Druid Sheamus lvl 4

Silver:
    Lunar Guardian Brie Bella lvl 11

Gold:
    Lumberjack Big Show lvl 15

3. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    One more question Garrett , are you guys going to fix the rewards for the online ranking system for season 1? Currently it seems players in the top 3% bracket will get 3star rare gears and in comparison, the top 2 and 1% will get uncommon gears as rewards :/

Also would it be possible to add a starter booster pack in the game (like injustice had) ? I'm pretty sure a lot of people would'nt mind dropping 5 bucks for it (me included)

4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #84 macplash, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    Sounds kinda flimsy. Considering there are rewards in hundreds and you're claiming you're getting tens of thousands every day, how is it possible? Let's say the reward is 500 (for single online match it's around 300 I guess) and let's say you've got all daily rewards for online matches as well (10.000), which is not that easy to get I believe, you still need to grind additional 65K for daily golden pack. For 500 coins per match, it's 130 matches. For each match you need 2 stamina bars. It means 5 matches with 3 characters. And than what? Doesn't sound very generous. So what's the secret than?

EDIT: and one more thing. How to unlock those special moves for each character? I mean those you can use when your adrenaline bar is filled and you need certain level to be allowed to use them. Do I need a card for that? Is there another way to do it? And if not, where to get those cards and how?

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I can vouch for him its possible. I mean you have 24 hours to get it. Plus its not always 500 coins won, sometimes especially in the bonus battles you can get up to like 4,500.

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Has anyone gotten anything but Daniel Bryan and the Big Show in the daily gold 75k pack? I think they have higher chances to be drawn than the other gold cards.

7. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    As another been having problems with online I been trying to register and I keep getting WB LOGIN fail? Seems it's also Been plaguing android users as well????

8. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    You need to buy/purchase the upgrade by clicking on the character card in the collection screen. The ultimate moves are unlocked after the character reaches level 20.

9. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    ypai1217 thanks, it works

Well, so I gave the game a (fair) try. I agree with the fact that the more character cards the less significance of stamina. Aside from the pretty basic combat mechanics which contains of tapping and occasional sliding there's nothing else. It's really dull compared to over-elaborated touch combat system e.g. in Ghost Blade. But what really bothers me are the bugs. A few other people mentioned that before. Invisible characters attacking you or multiple characters fighting against you. It's happening during the online and offline matches and is really annoying to loose the fight because of that. It's not occasional, it's happening every second or third match, sometime more often. I understand the developer is aware of the problem and probably working on the fix already, but as for now, this is a bug causing frustration. The second thing, dunno if it's a bug or feature, but if you purchase a pack of cards and you already own that character's card, you'll get nothing. You just loose your coins, that's it. Why not to have an option to sell it like upgrades cards? Why not to get a boost for the character or at least something? I bought 2 silver packs and both of them had the same character I already own, so I wasted 70K just like that with 2 simple taps. I mean, seriously? Well, so much for that. On the bright side, the visuals are amazing, characters are well modelled and everything moves and feels smooth. The choice of music is great, complements the mood in the right way. I understand there's existence of a strong fan base already, so if it's your cup of tea, enjoy.

10. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    #90 ypai1217, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    If you get another copy of the same character you will get to upgrade them to legendary status all the way to level 7 (so you would need 8 copies of a character card to get the best stats).after a card has reached legendary/elite 7 level and you still get a dupe only then you'd have an option to sell that extra card. And don't fret about the bugs .. They will get fixed. Give this games some time and if it's anything like injustice it will have you hooked on for months.

I just got triple h king of kings from my second gold card draw.. So I think it's possible to get all cards.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow thats like one of the best cards! Thanks for the response!

12. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    How did this get duch a high review score, or user score, is bryond me... This is just a clone, a bad one at that. Thry didnt even bother to change the SFX! Its insulting. I get it, WWE fans probably are enjoying it, but still gamers shouldnt put up with this kind of attitude. Still I hope whiever is having fun continues to do so.

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Just pulled a gold Undertaker from daily $75k pack! Hes awesome!

14. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Devil's advocate here, but people didn't seem to mind Darkstalkers all that much, and that was just a Street Fighter 2 reskin.

15. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    I wish the same here bro.

16. Tsambs

Tsambs Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Really enjoying this game since it plays like a much faster version of Injustice Mobile. Experienced quite a nasty bug awhile ago though:

- After the enemy YM Daniel Bryan tagged in, he was able to do normal attack and specials against me without him going through the attack animations. He's just standing there doing nothing but I'd get thrown in the air ala his special 1 or would get air punched lol.

- dunno if its because of my slow internet, but I had trouble loading the Store UI awhile ago. I have to background the device and return to the game just to load the Store UI. I think its because the game has trouble loading the NM Daniel Bryam ad on slow connections. If I don't do the backgrounding, its like the game just froze on an unloaded Store screen.

I'm using a 5c on iOS 7.1.1 btw.

17. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    4 days only the rank 1 position for online has been hacked.

Damn.

Attached Files:

18. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Awesome! Just could use a starter pack like in Injustice.

19. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    I saw some players who had hacked the game had a gold cyborg Brock Lesnar. So he might be the next challenge character or new add.

20. chadwerd

chadwerd Member

Oct 16, 2012
    When I bought a bronze pack I received a cyborg Brock gear card. Thought it was kind of odd since I couldn't see that variation of his character.