Universal WWE Immortals (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 14, 2015.

1. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does the game save progress to an account or cloud? ie if I delete the game can I reinstall and continue progress?

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    If you sign in to the WB account, you're good to go. Works flawlessly to sync on both my devices

3. garrett_Phosphor

garrett_Phosphor Active Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Community Manager/Video Editor - Phosphor Games
    Chicago, IL
    glad to hear people are having fun with the game so far! I'm the community manager over at Phosphor Games. We co-developed the game with NetherRealm Studios.

If you guys have any questions, problems, or comments, let me know!

Have fun guys and gals! :D

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008

Since you're asking: :)
    Any consideration for Game Centre and achievements? :)

5. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Honestly, get yourself the PPSSPP emulator and enjoy proper fighting games.

I have mine currently loaded with Tekken 5 and 6, Rurouni Kenshin Saisen and Kansen, Bleach HTS 7, Soul Calibur 4 and Dragonball Z evolution and they run and play like heaven with crisp graphics. Trust me, do yourself that favour and you do not need to be jailbroken.

Back to this game, it is just Injustice with far uglier characters that totally look out of place. The gameplay is still the same old swipe, tap rubbish with no depth and the moves are all recycled from Injustice.

If you have Injustice, I suggest you stick to it and save yourself the boredom or carry on with Marvel CoC.

I honestly do not understand why mobile gets treated like this when it comes to fighters. Even the Gameboy Advance had deeper fighters.

But good for the people who enjoy these sorts of shallow games.

6. chadwerd

chadwerd Member

Oct 16, 2012
    I have a question: how are people able to attack me with multiple characters at the same time in online mode?

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I did notice the GC banner shows up at start of the game but thats it.

8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    My son just discovered this game on Android and while I'm no fan of any freemium game I'd like to be able to answer his question about how fast is the stamina recharging or what's the price for instant recharge (if it's even possible)? Thanks in advance

9. garrett_Phosphor

Jan 15, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the questions so far! I will certainly get back to you when I have answers to give! Thanks everyone!

10. garrett_Phosphor

Jan 15, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Right now, we do not have Game Center integration. At this point, I'm not aware if we're planning on including that. I think we're trying to focus on making the game as good as it can be. And, we'll be looking into that as time goes on.

It's a well known issue that became more dramatic in this particular build. It's happening in both single player and multiplayer right now. This issue should be addressed in the next update (1.0.1)

You can earn extra stamina after you complete certain boss battles. You can always instantly recharge your characters with stamina. When you choose a battle from the battle select menu, you can hit the recharge button. From there, you can instantly recharge by hitting the recharge button underneath each character. That will use stamina (the lightning bolt above the characters). By hitting the + lightning bolt button, you can add stamina in different amounts depending on how much you spend.

I hope this helps!

11. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

My problem is that it's an Injustice re-skin, but average AppStore people won't care!!! 5 stars! :(

Could've at least done something different...

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    What does it matter what people review it at though? If you dont like it just dont play it right?

13. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    #53 xxteargodxx, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    I have a question similar to what someone else asked. And some others.

1) I can see we have 10 stamina bars, how long exactly does it take for 1 bar to fill up? I understand your answer in a previous post about how we can earn extra stamina and I know we can instantly recharge it. But how long time wise (Seconds, Minutes) does it take to fill 1 out of the 10 bars?

2) Do we get more/less coins if we lose a superstar in a fight as a reward?

3) Can we expect to see more superstars added to the game in the future?

4) Currently superstars do no damage to another superstar who is doing a special attack, will this be changed so that if we manage to pull off a hit while they are doing a special attack that they take damage?

14. Turmoil

Turmoil Active Member

Jan 17, 2013
    I can answer the first question.

Its 10mins (or near enough to there) to recharge each stamina bar, so 100 mins for all the bars.
    You can see the timer tick down when you go into recharge, my near empty one was showing 9:30.

15. garrett_Phosphor

Jan 15, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks!

I can answer number 3 with a ;)

I'll be able to answer the other questions tomorrow.

16. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I dunno, there are a handful of deeper fighting games on iOS. There are four King of Fighters games, Soul Calibur, and Capcom's got a few of their games on the App Store as well. I think in terms of sheer numbers it's more than the GBA, DS, or 3DS have had, which is kind of surprising but not really since handheld fighting games have rarely sold well.

What it's always going to come back to is that in their default state, iOS devices don't have buttons. I think with most genres, you can get away with it if the player's willing to adapt, but given their precise nature and overall complexity, I'm not sure if fighting games as we traditionally know them are ever going to work well with virtual buttons. So you're left relying on the customer base that has invested in an expensive controller, which is probably a very small number to try to build a userbase around, especially for big companies like Capcom and Namco, who aren't terribly interested in small returns.

Injustice (and Immortals) aren't very deep at all, but their controls work well. I think the average customer prefers a shallow experience that works over a deep one that doesn't, and the success of Injustice seems to back that. I wish there were a better way, but I'm willing to accept that certain genres aren't well-suited to certain control setups without heavy modification.

The glaze on top of all of this is that fighting games are on a low point of their popularity cycle right now. Street Fighter 5 is only happening because Sony is willing to pay for a significant portion of its development costs, Capcom can't afford the Marvel license right now, and pretty much every non-WB fighting series is putting up record low sales numbers. I'm *still* waiting for Virtua Fighter 6, SEGA.

17. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #57 Freeway82, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    To some extent, I agree with you but I haven't had any problems pulling off combos or juggles while playing Tekken 6 PSP on my iPad and it is not even a native iOS game.

I, and I believe, many other gamers could live with such games as Injustice, Immortals and Marvel CoC if they had anything more than just two types of attack, the tap, tap, tap, swipe any direction and the triple swipe attack plus the lack of freedom where any gap between two fighters is immediately and automatically closed, thus allowing no strategy at all.

Fighting games are more than looking at pretty graphics and watching the character do the same exact move, over and over and over and over...you get my point.

Look at how popular SF: Volt is, even though it has average graphics but really deep gameplay.

Lastly, I do not think that fighting games are less popular nowadays. If anything they are on a steady rise again and the coming Mortal Kombat X, Killer Instinct, New Tekken, DOA and the endless iterations of SF: IV justify my point.

Honestly, iOS could use a bit of those deep fighters again. Real fighting games on iOS ended with Volt.

18. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    does't like it, this one the theme is too dark, Injustice is way much better

19. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Probably more of a question for a developer but any ideas why when I go to Privacy > Diagnostics and Usage and check the log it seems this game creates a log file whenever I minimise or close the app? iPhone 6 on the latest firmware.

20. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Thanks for the answers. Unfortunatelly, if I may to express my opinion, this is just RIDICULOUS. I know I'm probably not the target costumer here, I admit it, I was just asking this because of my son who wanted to play this game, but is anyone and I mean ANYONE willing to play the game under these terms? I mean, it takes almost 2 hours to recharge you character, but the fight usualy lasts for maybe 2 minutes. Now, if it costs 2 stamina bars to even attempt any online match or single player fight, it means in a best case scenario you're out of stamina in 10 minutes. If you're somehow willing to accept this fact and collect more cards to be able to exchange the characters in fights, it'll give you additional 10 minutes with next 3 characters. It means, you need to collect 36 cards and exchange them every 10 minutes for fluid gameplay without hitting the "out of stamina" wall. Considering the prices of each card, not to mention additional prices for upgrades and special skills or whatever is that called, I'm asking again, who's deliberately willing to play this game??? It's ridiculous! I'm sorry, but when my son asks after a few minutes why he can't play anymore, I'll address him here.. You realize how many games can I buy for 99€ which is the price you're asking for 300 recharges? Are you even serious with this?:( You know what, don't mind me, I don't care. I just feel sorry for kids these days when they're forced to experience "playing games" under terms like these.