Universal WWE Immortals (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 14, 2015.

1. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Guess this week's podcast will have a massive wrestling theme then :p (Not being a hater.)

2. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Any IAP? Looks like a complete free game!

3. Danielxx

Danielxx New Member

May 30, 2014
    HELL YES!!!!!! If you don't download don't bother ever playing games this is by far amazing!!! Danielx username in game here to play and dominate!

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #24 Amenbrother, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Whats everyone doing first? Get some more bronze guys, try for some silvers, or get a gold guy to build an anchor then just do whatever? I have 1 gold character and the rest bronzes. Just trying to figure out the best approach for now seeing as in Injustice I have a LOT of guys in my collection so I kind of forgot how to start out in games like this lol.

5. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    First there is definitely IAP for currency and recharges to cut your timers.
    The depth of the game (so far) takes a severe hit as many signature moves require a grab to hit to continue the combo. If you're good at blocking, you can work over the CPU pretty well since there is little chip damage inflicted. I'm curious how this is after trying all the characters.

As for purchase strategy, I would get enough grind teams to keep you busy then skip silver and grind right for the daily golds which in Injustice is totally the best value. I don't see it being much different here.

6. Ein

Ein Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Is Chris Benoit in it?

7. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    This game looks lol-worthy xD

8. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    This game gets boring really fast.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I love it and just wish I had more of a team because I run out of energy too fast! So I feel the opposite of you and want to keep playing :)

10. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Well I'm happy 4 you :)

11. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I'll be dropping some money on a gold or 2 to power level my teams I would say, then I'll find me a grinding spot to churn out some gold to fill the roster spots. Of course I'll be hitting the online dailies to snag the gold, the matchmaking online seems a little iffy so far though, I've been paired with some stiff competition on some of the 5 match battles so far

12. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Hot garbage!

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I will be doing the same here.

14. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Is the 75k daily gold booster and the normal 100k gold booster the same?

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    As far as what you get yes. But only buy the 75k one once a day to save money. Dont worry about the 100k one.

16. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #37 OutSpoken, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    So is this the answer to fighting games on touchscreen devices now?

These visually impressive, linear style combat with dumb down swipe and tap controls? I could never get into Injustice on my iPad but surprisingly Marvels Contest of Champions has hooked me in somewhat, mainly because the combat doesnt feel too restricted ..but there are times when I think the gameplay gets monotonous..not to mention it has some rigged/stingy game rewards for grinding e.g the crystal roulette but don't get me started on that:rolleyes:

I'm dieing for a new more traditional fighter on iOS ala Street Fighter, Tekken or Mortal Kombat :(

Looking at the visuals of this game again, they should have just made it into a Mortal Kombat game since NeatherRealm own the franchise now...then again, no that would have made matters worse.

17. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    I just dropped $9.99 on the 80k gold since I haven't spent any of my $15 dollar iTunes Card since I got my iPad 2 weeks ago. Bought a gold pack and pulled a Lumberjack Big Show :\

Not exactly who I wanted but meh he's powerful as hell.

18. chadwerd

chadwerd Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Been playing the online a lot and have noticed something odd: sometimes my opponent will be able to attack with two characters on the screen at once(in one instance all three). Is this a glitch or part of the gameplay mechanic? I'm in Booker T's top 5%. :D

19. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    It's happened to me too, I think it's a glitch but not sure, I haven't seen a tag team ability.