Universal WWE 2K (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Apr 16, 2015.

1. emjeeman

emjeeman Active Member

Apr 30, 2012
    I just played this and all I have to say is Daisy Duke Contest Circle-Jerk In Da House!

2. C3FFF0E

C3FFF0E Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Moderator in Vainglory Forum
    Philippines
    Yep. The multiplayer is good. But it depends on your iDevice type and internet connection. I already played it twice and my opponent always wants a re-match! Hahaha! So far so good :)

How they work:
    Simply once you click the multiplayer, the gamecenter will automatically search for you a opponent. And game is just like your playing the actual game.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Decided to buy it despite the negative stuff. Glad I did because this is awesome!!

Controls are very intuitive and responsive for me on my iPad Air 2.

Love the graphics and gameplay.

This is a licensed quality product with great graphics and gameplay as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like some girls and tag team but I think this game is awesome and have no idea what some of you are complaining about. I love the touch controls and I hate touch controls for RPG's but this touch and swipe system is extremely intuitive for me and once you remember some moves you can have a lot of fun with this.

I'm giving it 5 stars because the touch controls allow fluid gameplay for me.

A referee and voice acting would be nice but not really necessary. I basically loathe touch controls but I think they've nailed it with this one and I'm enjoying it more because of it but that's just my opinion.

4. C3FFF0E

Aug 3, 2014
    Philippines
    Yey! Thats why it is 4 star on appstore :)

5. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    This game reminds me of WR 2D back when there were no virtual buttons. Since it was 2D, it was obviously more responsive. But it was all touch gestures. Virtual Buttons make a huge difference.

This game, makes me want to cry. In matches, the AI seems to "respond" significantly faster than me. No matter how fast I tap, AI is like 2X faster than me and I always lose. The animations are gorgeous but the responsiveness needs to be seriously improved, or just give me buttons. iPad Air 8.0.2

6. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    #46 Ragn4rok 74, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Sounds pretty cool. Thanks! I'm still iffy but leaning towards snagging this. Are there any unlockable characters by any chance? I'd love some old school wrestlers. Seeing Sting listed definitely makes me want this. I went to see him, Ric Flair and the Road Warriors back before they were in the WWE. Way back when Sting still wore neon pink and had a blonde crew cut! Back in the NWA days before it became the WCW. Ah, memories lol.

7. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #47 oldsnake, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Was 0,99,It's an error,Lucky Who purchase at that price,now It's 7,99..

8. C3FFF0E

Aug 3, 2014
    Philippines
    There is no hidden characters to be unlock. They are all been unlock and ready to use. You can use them also in career mode instead of making a costum character.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I wish people would actually wait for a second opinion before being so quick to judge everything.

Look, I like the MDickie wrestling games as much as the next guy, but would I recommend them to anyone who's not a die-hard wrestling fan and needs a wrestling game on their phone? No. There's just something about them that gives off this feeling that you're NEVER in control (even with the virtual buttons) and the touch controls (in the 2D version) are just plain absurd. If there are tons and tons of features like being able to stack multiple tables on top of each other and (to my understanding at least) ways to kill people in the game, shouldn't there at least be a concrete way to do these things instead of just hoping that one of the dudes hits a table with his little toe while he's rolling around all over the place? Maybe I'm just too stupid to truly understand how to play the games, but yeah...they're hard to recommend, especially when I still have no ****ing idea how to kick out of a pin attempt!

As for 2K? Yeah, doh...it's not perfect. Not even in the slightest bit. But it's fun...and the controls don't take more than a couple of matches to get used to. Of course I'd prefer virtual buttons, but at least I know what I'm doing with these controls. The objectives are fun, unlocking stuff is always great and...**** it, I'd pay another $8 just to erase the memory of seeing Bray Wyatt saying "I'm here" and then walking out to his "fireflies"...just so I could see it (again) for the first time. At the end of the day, you've got a bite-sized WWE experience in your pocket, and as long as you're not expecting the full console game, I think you'll be more than happy with this. It's 8 bucks, has no IAPs and finally does wrestling justice on mobile.

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I Agree with You,cause i'm not regret of My purchase,tien no IAP Are The plus,It's The first Official WWE game( i mean WWE 2k) and i alway hope to have it on iOS a WWE 2k,i can say following all The tutorial and do 2,3 matches Are enough to learn The gesture,but i really hope For an update with an option For virtual Joystick,and i think (For me at last) that in future If they introduce some IAP packs,like superstars of The 80,90,to me Are welcome,if they then added tris things as a free update It's better,and some more type of matches:TLC,Ladder,Hell In A Cell,Elimination Chamber,then it will be awesome..then when I read about play WRESTLING REVOLUTION,and 3D version,I think lot of users mention cause it's the only alternative,and the dev have support this games like any other on App Store,thousands of updates,frequent updates..but it's a totally different game in my opinion..

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This guy gets it.

Yeah, I'm glad 2K called this WWE 2K rather than 2K15, etc. since there's that glimmer of hope that there will be one app (this) that will be updated, rather than releasing an app every year. As you said, I think the basics that could make this better should be added as free updates, but any additional characters, significant modes, etc. should be paid IAPs.

12. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    I've played a few matches in career mode and so far I'm undefeated!! Very happy with this. I think they've done a superb job.

13. C3FFF0E

Aug 3, 2014
    Philippines
    Well... That's the reason why I buy it. I totally don't buy some 2K games except on console. I really like some "Single Name" games and thankfully 2K already release it, and that is WWE 2K; No WWE 2K15,16,17 and so on... I'm hoping for a great attention for this title from the developers that instead of making a new game (generic game, gameplay, etc.) but a little bit change of the name (example: NBA 2K14 they just change it to NBA 2K15. Same game, diff. name. Nonesense right?) also with a high price. Really, these games are the MUST HAVE. Expect 'cuz the game will update (as always. Who's a developer who makes a game that didn't update? No one right?) so yeah, it will.

I also agree to this guy. He got my point! :)

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hey, alls I know is that's what I saw and that's what I paid for it. $.99.

15. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Many thanks!

16. C3FFF0E

Aug 3, 2014
    Philippines
  17. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
  18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Here's a question for y'all: Is it just me or is there no way to delete a custom character?

19. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Game of the Week.

20. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ