WTF?? iPhone suddenly deletes all games when connected to iTunes!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by don_k, May 27, 2009.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Seriously, WTF?? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Has anyone else ever experienced this before?

I was really really shocked!! Fortunately it had just deleted around 10 apps from my iPhone. I saw iTunes and wondered 'hey I didn't untick those games', so I clicked the Application tabs and, guess what, almost all my games were ticked off!!

I quickly stopped the sync, unplugged my iPhone, restarted it and resynced it. This time it was all fine as if nothing happened, but I'm still so pissed off as I lost some game progress, one of which is Alphabetic which I played together my my mom to unlock all trophies.

I'm still lucky that I had a look at my iTunes, usually I just plugged my iPhone and leave it for a few minutes to take a bath or something. Imagine if that had happened when I took a bath and all my apps got deleted.. so uncool!! :mad:

My iPhone has never ever been jailbroken so that makes me even more :mad::mad:

2. JTHM87

JTHM87 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Auto Finance
    King of Prussia, PA
    Sometimes the sync goes a little batty, it happened to me once with my music and I've always had it on "Manually manage my music and videos" too :(

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Tried to get rid of a movie, ended up syncing my iPod... to a computer with 50 of my 723 songs and 14 of my apps. I stoppped the sync before it got to the apps, thankfully, but the music was wiped out. Pissed me off :mad:

4. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    If you backup often, all you need to do is just restore your iTouch from backup. And all deleted stuff will be restored. The only problem is that you have to re-arrange your icons :p

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It's so annoying. Now I'll always feel worried everytime I sync my iPhone. I'm rather ok if it deletes songs as I can easily put them again, but you can't restore game save files.

oh, does restoring backup restore your game save files too?

Yeah, the last time I restored it (around 1 month ago) I couldn't even bother to re-arrange my icons, so it looks all over the place now, heheh.

6. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Yes it does.

7. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    I have a question....
    Everytime I watch a Video on my iPod and that blue circle beside it disappears after I finish the video. Then, when I sync my iPod iTunes automaticly unchecks it and sometimes I get my videos removed. Now when I watch a video, before the video ends, I drag the bar back to the beginning so that video's Blue dot does not go away and my video doesn't accidently get deleted from itunes.

Anyways to prevent this?

8. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    To be completely honest I've had more problems with itunes than any other microsoft programs put together.

I'm currently trying to reinstall it and so far it's a complete and absolute failure that is frustrating the shit out of me.

9. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    prevent this by unchecking or changing a box that says remove after watching found on manually syncing music videos

10. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Always when going on a different computer go under file then go to TRANSFER PURCHASES FROM ---------------------'S IPOD

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    This is strange, I've never had any problems, iTunes has been pretty reliable for me.
    Though sometimes it recopies random songs to my ipod for no apparent reason (I never changed any of their information) and reinstalls random apps after I've deleted them.

But now you've scared me too :p

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    iTunes has never had problems for me as well, that's why I was so shocked when it happened.

I've never synced my iPhone to a different Mac.

Nice!! :D

13. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I was trying to sync a video file into my ipod touch and the video was not in the right file format or something. An error message came up and then I found out, all my music was gone from the device. It left my apps alone though.

14. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Where's that located?
    (Haven't tried looking yet so might as well just ask. =D)

15. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    On the main tab when you sync your iPhone to iTunes.