Universal Wreckfest (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 14, 2022.

1. RealisticArcadeSimulator

RealisticArcadeSimulator Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Watched the whole thing, was very informative. In my opinion the game should look better on M series devices while only supporting the top tier of the A chips. Cardboard trees and viewers are a big downer for me. Looking at how the game performs on A9 and A10 devices supporting them is kind of pointless. No one in their right minds would pay this price on those devices to have such a bad looking game. It only makes sense on newer devices.
    The video states that the game uses less then 2gb ram on ios at best, which is odd as the M1/M2 ios devices have 8/16gb ram.

2. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Even with the newest update, there are still scalingissues, when leaving the game and then entering again (iPhone 8 Plus). Virtual button are unavailable, so that no button can‘t be pressed.

Greetz Chris

3. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Well, one dev responded on discord that the see the demand for much better graphical quality and it's doable and will most likely happen at some point. I'll buy it once they up the visuals to ps3 level like grid looks on m1. I've been burned badly with mudrunner to trust in future fixes.

4. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    I mean, sure it’s not PS4 quality in 1/5th the size, but this is already so much better than MudRunner.

5. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Was hoping for ps3 level, like how grid looks like: lot of 3d trees and animated crowd, option for high res textures and all. I would opt for the switch install size to have better visuals, that's double what's on ios.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  6. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    When starting a server in „Multiplayer“, it has only one lap. Where can the amount of laps be set?

Greetz Chris

7. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    On many routes, a shadow was noticed in the graphics of the surroundings, which moved several meters in front of one's own vehicle always at the same distance to the vehicle. For example with the circuits it seems somehow wrong. Is there a setting to work around this problem?

Greetz Chris

8. cloud tiger

cloud tiger Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2012
    UK
    I love Grid and have played it to death on the iPad but unless the graphics are improved on Wreckfest to take advantage of later devices it will stay in the store for me.

9. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    #109 RealisticArcadeSimulator, Dec 24, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    Same here, but I've been told on discord by a dev that our demand is reasonable and they will improve the visuals.

10. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Is Tournament greyed out on ios for a reason.? What is it?

11. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It‘s greyed out for a second or two when i boot up the game, but after that i can play Tournament.

12. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Dang. Is it a region thing?.. I live in the Philippines, I thought the tournament button was a work in progress thing

13. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Probably just needs a few seconds to download the relevant event data. Have you tried switching from wifi to mobile signal?

14. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    New update is out, it should be looking waaay better now. I guess it's time for me to buy this. Before.jpeg After.jpeg

Truncana likes this.
  15. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
  16. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    #116 RealisticArcadeSimulator, Mar 28, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    I'll get it this week once I have some downtime at home, it's going on the m1 ipad as I want a big screen for this one.

Truncana likes this.
  17. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Enjoy the Apple TV Version, the update is out now as well plus we provide you a nice discount for the first time! ;) enjoy!

18. cloud tiger

cloud tiger Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2012
    UK
    Thanks for listening Devs ! I’ll pick this up later today !

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just bought this. It’s a right good laugh. Playing it a lot. Glad I picked it up. Should have picked it up earlier for sure

HG VAMPIRE and Truncana like this.
  20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It’s great fun, both single player and local network multiplayer.

I’ve noticed 2 bugs tho:

1. Playing with a gamepad, when you go to the control section in settings and move back and forth from different gamepad configurations, sometimes the image of the gamepad disappears, so you can’t know which button does what.

2. Playing in local network multiplayer, we were 3 real players and 12 bots. As soon as the race began, 2 real players were disconnected and only the host remained in the race. I guess my router and/or my iPad can’t cope with so many bots.

Anyway, great game. Thinking about buying the 2 IAP bundles. If anyone has bought them, are they worth the 22€?

HG VAMPIRE likes this.