Universal Wreckfest (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 14, 2022.

1. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    you can optimize the game as you want. You can change the buttons, controls, settings etc. - maybe you have not seen this yet. Yes its a port and not a native complete new game for mobile. But I do not see that as bad to be honest.

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    If I’m comfortably leading for 5.5/6 laps I am beginning to find it tediously how predictable the “uncontrollable and unavoidable smash up knocking me back to 15th” is.

Karl Schmidt likes this.
  3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Controls also sometimes drop so steering no longer works. Idk if it’s tapping accelerate or brake or sth, but I have also lost multiple races because suddenly steering borks and oops straight into a Barrier, flipped around a dozen times. Not good.

4. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Been debating on this or Steam. Im getting a Steam Deck and it’s on sale for $11.99 but with so may game so what to get I’m trying to be thoughtful on what I can buy vs what I have to wait for…. Tough decision!

5. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Whoops, wrong thread.

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

7. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    When playing with Xbox Controller, the game pauses, when pressing the left analog stick by mistake, while racing. Is there an option to prevent this behaviour?

Greetz Chris

8. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    please contact our support over our website www.handy-games.com - they will check this out asap!

9. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Truncana likes this.
  10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Is reverse / accelerator getting stuck on a bug or a feature? Seems to be associated with damage sometimes, associated with not crashing into anyone in destruction derbies sometimes, but perhaps that’s also coincidence and this is just a game breaking bug. Mashing them sometimes helps, often doesn’t.

11. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I have often had the same experience

12. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    I’m curious, what difficulty are you playing at?

13. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #93 amusing Grace, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    I am experiencing touch controls getting unresponsive during races as well, feels like the controls loose „connection“ to your touch input and you have to lift off and retouch to reconnect.

strange no one caught this in testing.

Happens on iPhone 13 pro max (iOS 16.x) and iPad Air 3 (padOS 15.6x)

Edit: Don‘t get me wrong, the game is real fun otherwise

Quoad likes this.
  14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This is a pretty long race. It’s part of an 8 race championship.

Almost all the damage you can see is caused by control failures. I would guess 6-8 of them. In every damage causing instance, this was either a steering fail (steering stops working) or a throttle fail (throttle gets jammed on full). Twice, it was both, forcing me - at full speed - head on into a wall. Thumb, by this point, completely off the accelerator side of the screen. “Vroom.”

I am second because I caught the car in first up, perhaps six times. Each bloody time, I then experienced a control failure. Throttle ruins a corner, and I go shooting into a wall / off the map. Steering disappears, I drive merrily off the map.

No, it isn’t where my thumb is. I can see where my thumb is. I’m alert to this. Eg on the lhs steering, repeatedly lifting and replacing my thumb does nothing. Yes, it’s going down in the right place. No, no control slider appears. Just blank on the lhs. WHAP WHAP WHAP goes the thumb. Nothing. If I clock - usually by which time I’ve crashed - the only solution is pause / unpause, or quit (which is a big hit 75% of the way through a looong race, when I had been in first). Same for throttle. It APPEARS to be triggered into jamming by pumping the throttle. Again, it can only be unjammed by pause.

This also happens with brake AND handbrake - I assume this at least, because sometimes accelerate no longer works no matter how many times I press it (yes, this happened in this race too, at least this didn’t crash me into anything / off the track). Sometimes I get locked inescapably into full throttle in reverse. I can only assume this is the two separate brakes - handbrake / stopping, normal brake / reverse - getting stuck.

I’m enjoying this game or I wouldn’t be on the 4th championship. I’m not enjoying having to race below my capacities and difficulty level because, on a long race, repeating bugs may stack me repeatedly head first into walls and off corners, and so I have to assume I may not be able to win even if I can catch the race leader up. Five, six, seven, more times.

Good grief.

481D61B3-B261-4A24-82D9-3CD17226CE86.png

15. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    Excellent game, incredible with X-Box controller, works perfectly on iPhone 14 Pro Max, up to now.

Truncana likes this.
  16. paradoxno1

paradoxno1 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    After latest update no problems with Xbox controller no more

Truncana likes this.
  17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

18. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    the game was just released - if you know us we will ship more updates in the future. so keep the feedback coming so we can take care about the points you do not like yet or optimize it for a better user experience.

Truncana likes this.
  19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The fact that you've addressed the download data being saved to iCloud issue so promptly, and actually mentioned it in the update notes, is telling. Said it a million times before, but you guys are the BEST.

HG VAMPIRE, squarezero and Truncana like this.
  20. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Thanks! We just love games and we do as much as possible to get our players happy as you pay for our games and we expect exactly that. A great experience for you all. Also if we cannot solve all the issues as the platform is still limited we try to our best to do it in the future! Thanks for all the support and buying our games! <3 btw, happy we also won an Apple Award today. \o/