Universal Wreckfest (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Mist17

Mist17 Member

Apr 18, 2013
    There seems to be something wrong with the acceleration touch control, every now, and then, after releasing accelerator and reengaging, it will not turn back on. Already lost a number of races.

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #62 anthony78, Nov 16, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    Not sure I’m a fan of the touch controls. The steering bar is flaky and doesn’t always go the direction I want. I’d prefer a wheel control.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s finger placement but, yeah, it just isn’t working for me. Going off course and losing races. And there’s plenty of racers that work perfectly with touch controls. (Also know there’s a tilt option but am not a fan of those)

And yes, I know there’s controller options, but I have the Xbox and PlayStation versions for that. I want this for on the go.

edit: Missed the arrow option and that seems to be working better for me so far. May need to tweak button placement but so far so good.

3. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    I wrote to support and they got back to me almost immediately regarding the L3/START mapping issue. Said they are aware and will be addressing it ASAP. I can excuse a rocky launch when it comes with some of the best, friendliest support I've ever seen across the industry. And yes, it is a gorgeous port otherwise.

HG VAMPIRE, Truncana and metalcasket like this.
  4. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I can say it's one of the greatest port ever in my whole my mobile game life!!

It's quite rare case I tend to keep play by forgetting to play a single mobile game.

5. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I have this on XBOX GamePass, I have it on Steam.

Now I’m buying it again. I love this game and any $ to support quality mobile ports is money well spent.

Cheers devs!

HG VAMPIRE and Truncana like this.
  6. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    As a huge fan of destruction derby, dirt track, and rally/rallysport, it really is incredible to have what is probably the best damage model and beater/banger racer/smasher this side of beam.ng on my iPad 9 running at (mostly) 60fps.

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  7. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I have to say again: this port is awesome!!! I can feel the emotions of playing Eve Of Destruction in the good old days on PS2! Very good job devs!!!

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  8. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Same Problem with my iPhone SE 2020

Mist17 likes this.
  9. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    change the UI and the controls as you want!

10. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    you can change the UI to your wishes. If you have any technical issues please contact our support over our website and they will assist you for sure!

11. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    #71 MarkyR74, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    This game is simply amazing. The slider control I’ve actually found to be the best. Works well. It’s great fun and tricky, and the amount of customisation is endless, I saw last night you can adjust your steering or diffs etc. it looks good too, I’ve maxed out all the graphics on my M1 iPad Pro 11” and it runs smooth. There is a bit of pop in on some of the backgrounds but nothing too bad.

Really enjoying it, great game and well worth the price. And it’s a recent ish game too! I hope we see more of these ports off big games being sold for premium prices. Only has optional DLC of more cars and decals which you don’t need. Also impressed they fixed the crash bug so quick too.

I did buy Grid Autosport but always found it old fashioned in its interface, Wreckfest is a lot better and suits mobile really well. It’s the only racing game I think I’ll be playing.

12. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    To follow up my gushing praise earlier and after a couple of hours on an iPad Pro a generation back using a Nimbus controller ... This port is the business. As MarkyR74 said, a BIT of noticeable "pop in" of the scenery but given the complexity of what is being rendered it's a gem.

Buttery smooth and a great range of customisation. Be aware the difficulty defaults to Easy, so if you want to earn more bump it up a notch or two if you are a decent racer.

I got Grid too when it came out and thought that was as good as ports go. This surpasses it as a technical achievement. Can thoroughly recommend with a controller.

DLCs are a bit pricey if I had to criticize anything but they aren't essential to progress.

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  13. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    We have several premium games like Titan Quest, SpongeBob Square Pants Battle for Bikini Bottom, Chicken Police, Battle Chasers, etc. so yeah we love premium priced games cause it does not offer those ads or F2P mechanics you are used on mobile already. We implemented those setting to adjust the graphics for all those who prefer faster game over graphics. Also on the UI so many players have different taste so why not provide the freedom if possible? Enjoy it! We are happy about every rating on the platform and your experience as well!

MarkyR74, Truncana and naghihimutuc like this.
  14. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013

They might seem pricey on the mobile platform only. The PC or Console versions also DLCs have another price tag. ;)

15. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Yeeeeah I think I bought most of those .

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  16. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    thats the spirit we need to bring more premium games over! ;)

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    ahem*AEWfightforever*ahem*wheneveritreleases*ahem

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  18. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #78 Chq, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    I'm really sorry to write this, but to me the game doesn't feel like a native smartphone game, it clearly feels like a PC converted game (text/button sizes, transparency of buttons/ controls, car perspective size,..). Unfortunately, my fears have come true. It's definitely not a bad game, but it clearly doesn't meet my personal requirements. I wish the programmers all the best for the future though.

Greetz Chris (still playing videogames since over 25 years)

19. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Beautiful game, but I can’t do multiplayer with my kid. We’re on the same wifi network. :( Anyone figured this out yet?

20. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    please contact our support if you have any issues with that!