Universal Wreckfest (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    This is what they said to me about crashes.
    Laurin Agostini
    @_tandaradei_

Replying to
    @Zghying
    and
    @handy_games
    Try to go offline on your device before starting the game. Seems like there's an issue with connecting to a server right now. Hopefully this workaround will be resolved soon.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  2. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Ok, got it to load to the menu twice with the wifi off, and now I haven't been able to replicate it again over a half-dozen crash attempts. Maybe it's a server issue, but it's also crashing from inside the house.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I was able to make it run on airplane mode, so it’s likely a server or Game Center issue.

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    the update notes imply that it‘s the release version.
    I am just puzzled that it won‘t install the other 3,5 GB download once i leave the app in the background to use the iPad for something else.

5. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Airplane mode works for me about once out of every ten attempts. This game needs some work.

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Have this on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 and it’s a great game. Thought about getting it on the go but will wait for further impressions. Sounds like it may need some fixes.

Bloodangel likes this.
  7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Same here. Again, this might be an issue of the accidental release, rather than a problem with the game.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  8. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Several races in and it seems to run like a charm, no crashes on iPhone 13 pro max (iOS 16).
    No crash on Air 3 with PadOS 15.x, just couldn‘t care to load the additional files yet.

9. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Update

Have a time table when it will be playable?

HandyGames
    @handy_games

Replying to

@Zghying
    Hopefully tomorrow. Some already playing. Maybe a Server issue somewhere. We hunt the issue and will inform the community! The official Release is November 15th.

Alex DeLargest, squarezero and gansta like this.
  10. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Works like a dream for me on my iPhone SE 2022!

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  11. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Ok, even when I can get into it, the controller settings are all FUBAR. For instance, the A button on my 8BitDo Pro 2 in XBone mode is pausing the game no matter what controller preset I select.

Seems to be a pretty great port except for all of these little bugs serving to make it nigh unplayable. What were they doing for the last month of delay?

12. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #32 solarnya, Nov 15, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    When you reach to the splash screen, it's crashing probably.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Still no issues whatsoever on XS. In fact, because of the video showing off the controls from a week or so ago, I cancelled my preorder (thus ending up paying an extra dollar) because I presumed the game was locked to 30fps. Lo and behold, this port is so up there with HandyGames’ standards that it even goes past 60fps on supported devices. I’m sure whatever bump in the road there is will be ironed out. Have faith in HandyGames, people!

14. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Hi together, sorry about the trouble with Wreckfest Mobile. We did tested the game on every platform very carefully but it seems a server issue for some players. So flight mode is an option for some. Of course we want to deliver the best experience as always. Hopefully it is solved today! Sorry again - we will inform you as soon the game is running smoothly on all the iOS devices!

15. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I used airplane mode and got it working, it’s a good game, going to be tricky to master. Only in app purchases I can see are extra cars and decals too so not necessary. Put all the graphics up to high and it’s smooth on my iPad but makes it run a bit warm, but it looks good.

16. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    The In App Purchases are the same as on console and PC - those are all DLCs. So no microtransactions or F2P events. Pure console and PC experience. Plus use different UI / Control what fits you.

MarkyR74, Truncana and metalcasket like this.
  17. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    The more I play, the more I like it! Really a great videogame experience on my little iPhone SE 2022. No battery overheating or anomalies in consumption, awesome graphics and really good handling (I am using inclination control). Really a magic in the palms of my hands! Really good job Handy Games! I am going to buy DLCs today!

Aravon17 and HG VAMPIRE like this.
  18. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Excellent, always a good thing when the game is premium and not freemium. I've been spoilt over the last few days with this game and Xeno Command.

19. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    still can't play in proper ways:(

20. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Hotfix is uploaded to Apple - this can take up to 24hrs normally. Sorry for the delay for some iOS users. Not all are hit by this bug!