Universal WRC The Official Game (by Bigben Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    those times are from other players,not mine...

2. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Oh! What times are you getting? Do you use tilt steer?

3. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    #103 Cvija01, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    My times are abaut 2.5x.xx ,what is tilt steer? yes i use tilt...
    i am Tyrell Jones, WRC World Rally Team...:)

4. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Tilt steer is were you tilt the phone/ipad to steer the car.

Try switching to on screen controls, so the brake and accelerator are on the right, and steering is on the left. It will take a few goes but you will get a lot quicker.
    Also follow rapaleeman's other tips :)

5. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    i try all,no ways to beat 2:22 ....:mad::mad::mad:

6. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Assuming @Cvija01 is talking about the leaderboard times, the only way to beat those is with the better cars/drivers.

I unlocked a Tier 2 driver last night and the speed at which even that car can fly around the track is night and day. Coupling the speed with significantly better control it is safe to assume that the Tier 3 drivers are even better. The Tier 2 car I unlocked makes the default 1 star car look like a joke. The physics aren't much better in that my car can still launch all over the place into the sky but it did make driving in a straight line an easier affair.

Sadly, the 5K I spent on a driver only unlocked that one and not all of them so that means it will be a massive grind to get them all if you are that kind of person. I'm pretty sure though that they are control the same.

As for the stages, I'm kind of stuck on Portugal as the frame rate is pure garbage on my iPhone 5 making it very difficult to drive and complete with a decent time. It's a night rally and the frame rate along with what appears to be invisible rocks in the middle of the track that causes my car to hurdle to the sky has made that rally not very fun. It also doesn't help that the driving line takes you through uneven terrain and again, my car has done some strange things.

The driving and physics are mostly fine on flat ground but if you hit any parts of the environments (I'm not even talking jumps here) at any odd angle or at any high speeds you are getting launched to the stratosphere ultimately ending your run and forcing a restart.

I'll keep plowing through it but the default car wasn't even cutting it which is why I had to buy a new one. It just didn't accelerate fast enough to allow me to put up competitive times.

7. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    #107 Cvija01, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Season mode first race...time are:
    first 2:26.16 (Kris Meek) -...- last 2:37.94 (Jaroslav Melicharek)...I HATE GAME!:mad::mad::mad:

8. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    weird... I would try a reinstall/reset of the game. like I said above I came first with 2:34...

9. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    i reinstal game x 3 times..., retart ipad 1 tiime...

10. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    no idea then... try some of the other stages I found 2-4 easier than the first one, but I am guessing you have done that too :(

11. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    Are there still people who like this game? I asked for a refund because they put more money in making a crisp misleading intro trailer(even the pictures on the first page look way better than the actual disappointment of a game it is) than the game itself. the controls really suck too. There was a time this was acceptable in the Nokia Symbian age way back but NOT DONE TODAY.:mad:

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Are the devs gonna come forward?

13. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I am still enjoying it. Graphics don't bother me to be honest, and I get on fine with the controls!

14. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    game is good,need practice...can someone post prices,because my price is different when i am online and offline:confused::confused::confused:

15. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    So I've played up through Poland and I think I'm done with this game.

For something calling itself a simulation the devs and I must really have very different definitions of that word. The physics on the faster cars are absolutely ridiculous. On flat surfaces things are fine. The moment you hit a jump or even a little indentation in the road/geometry, it can send your car flying to the heavens.

It has gotten to the point that I feel like I'm winning races based on luck that I didn't hit any geometry that sends me flying or magically stop my car dead in its tracks. That isn't fun to me.

I can deal with the visuals that are sort of meh and outside of the night track at Portugal, my iPhone 5 has run this thing pretty well. I like the frame rate and I do think some of the scenery looks good even though there are a lot of things you can clip right through.

What I can't deal with is a game calling itself a simulation yet delivering an arcade experience. What makes that even worse is that the driving doesn't feel right and once I unlocked a faster car it made the little issues I had with the Tier 1 car more noticeable.

I may play the daily race everyday to get that free car but 30 days is a long time to remember to do it. I have zero drive or want to even progress anymore so the IAPs, which are still egregious and not called for in a premium game, don't even bother me anymore.

I like Sega Rally and an arcade experience is fine when done right. It isn't done right here at all. The simulation aspect is also not done well at all. I seriously can't wait for Codemasters to get that update for Colin McRae up and running. I can deal with the terrible visuals in that game since the gameplay and driving is so good and on point.

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    It's been a few days, but I tried again to get into this game last night. With subpar graphics, stupidly unrealistic physics, and a steep buy-in only to be slapped in the face with IAP's on top, this game leaves me with the worst kind of experience. I'll be watching, and staying away from, anything I see from this developer going forward. This is total trash, and I hope I can get my money back. Deleted!!!

17. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Ha! I don't think they'd dare after reading through this thread.

18. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I'm glad i hold out with my purchase.The reviews in our app store are also a disaster (floating arround 1-2 stars) and not mainly because of massive IAPs,more because of terrible controls and ridiculous physics.i would also gladly play some more arcadish Rally if that at least means it's fun in some way.This here seems not what i'm looking for,unfortunately...

19. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I was given a refund. I really, really, really wanted to get into thus game but just couldn't. I came 11th everytime and was hopeless at it I think because of the controls but the iap were ridiculous.

20. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Persistence pays :D just playing the daily races gives you free cars too.

Attached Files: