Universal WRC The Official Game (by Bigben Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I'm playing with the buttons and bumper cam.
    I apologise for my earlier rant just couldn't believe all the negative comments about the game and IAP when I'm having no trouble at all.

2. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    game is good,but for me very hard...can you PLEASE post time:)

3. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Maybe I will try buttons, my turning either went to far or not enough...

And no worries rants are to be expected on here ;)

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #84 worldcitizen1919, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    It makes no difference I place 11th every time. Don't think I'll continue with this. Thanks for everyone's help. Guess this is not for me.

5. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    #85 Cvija01, Jan 4, 2015

me too...because i say to someone post time race...i cant able to place...

i pay to play,but cant i don't know why,game is very expensive,i am very sad...

6. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    First off: @Sexy Pirate Please get off your high horse. I don't care if the game costs $.99 or $100. If a game is dishing out coins or progression materials at this low of a rate, it is not a good thing. Period. Especially in a paid game. In a game that already has such paltry content from the outset (literally one, no faced driver and one unlocked course from the jump) that screams of greed from the developers and as gamers we shouldn't be tolerating it in 2015.

I've been playing video games since my NES back in 86 and while that may have been acceptable then, it shouldn't be now as times have changed. The "in my day" schtick is an old and tired excuse that really needs to go. While you have your opinion on unlocks and progressions, so do I. I'm not expecting everything to be instantly unlocked by any stretch but seriously the gating that this game has and the amount of credits to unlock even one driver is bordering on monotonous grinding.

Playing Devil's Advocate, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that the Tier 2 drivers unlock after the complete season but I have my doubts given the state of iOS games currently. I would love to be proven wrong.

As for the game. I don't think it is that hard at all. I've placed first on every event up to Portugal Stage 3 where I stopped playing last night. I literally had to re-do one race to get to first (or the 25 points). It isn't hard once you realize the brakes are your enemy.

The game isn't hard. My times in the first 4 stages aren't anything special but they got me first place. Stage 1: 02:32.96; Stage 2: 02:43.55; Stage 3: 02:46:72; and Stage 4: 02:59.26. I can post others if people want them.

As for tips for those struggling. Turn off tilt steering. It's broken. Basically play this like a Need for Speed game and hold the gas at all times. When the line goes red, just let off the gas and not hit the brake. If you do need to slow down on a tight 6 corner, then just tap the brake. Don't hold it. Also, don't hold the left or right buttons. Just tap them. They are digital buttons like the old Gran Turismo or Ridge Racer PSX games so just hitting it causes the tires go all left or all right. I prefer this as that is what I'm used to but others may not.

The physics are kind of bad so if you hit something that sends you flying into the air you are better off restarting. I've also hit nothing and came to a complete stop so there are those little issues.

I actually really like the driving even if it is more arcade than simulation. My biggest issue is the unlock and progression scheme.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Does look a great looking rally game, whats the installed size ?

I 'dont mind' low payout of coins but yeah if its a paid game then thats a bit frustrating

8. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    Game Impressions

ty rapaleeman ,can you post more times:) thank for post,times are from Monte Carlo with snow?

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #89 Mess, Jan 4, 2015
    Good tips rapaleeman and SP, switching to onscreen controls makes a difference!

Placed forth, first, first. It's taken a few attempts though. Not sure why I can't place higher in the first race though...

Edit - how it shows the time against the other 'drivers' is wrong, surely? It's shows +x.xx and is green, but shouldn't it be -x.xx when I am in the lead... As in i am that much under their time?

10. rapaleeman

Dec 20, 2013
    Nope. It's wrong. You want to be + and not - which is backwards from real rally and confused me as well.

Those times above are from Monte Carlo. When I get to my computer a little later I'll post up the next two rally times. Not quite done with the forth one yet.

11. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    when track is over,left side,when you click you can see times...:)

12. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Yeah when I got that it helped :D

13. rapaleeman

Dec 20, 2013
    I'm aware. I posted the times in the first place.

It's easier to do it from my computer than on the phone.

14. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    rapaleeman - i know thanks.Mess ask...

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I know were to look now ;)

16. rapaleeman

Dec 20, 2013
    So for those wanting times.

Here are mine for the next two full rallies and these will get you first place for each stage. They aren't great or anything but they will get you the 25 points per stage. I haven't finished Portugal yet.

Sweden:
    Stage 1: 1:45.40
    Stage 2: 1:44.94
    Stage 3: 1:50.11
    Stage 4: 1:48.36

Mexico:
    Stage 1: 1:39.55
    Stage 2: 1:42.20
    Stage 3: 2:09.16
    Stage 4: 2:10.08

Honestly the game isn't tough at all as I'm just barreling through the stages with almost no regard for care. Just keep the gas pressed and if you get abused by the physics and the game launches you car, just restart. The Rewind doesn't work very well and if you use it, then restart, you lose your credits so don't do that. These are short enough as it is.

Also, if you go off the road just head right back to it or immediately drive off into nowhere and let the game reset you. Usually you don't lose very much time if at all for some reason.

One final tip, if you are in the red more than a second after the second checkpoint, then just restart. It's easier than wasting the time finishing.

17. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #97 H4nd0fg0d, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    No problems here. Have all top drivers unlocked. Just kidding, but seriously. Game plays just fine. I'm enjoying the driving and physics. Mucho fun yo;!

18. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Again good tips from rapaleeman.

To those having issues, I expect you are using tilt steer. Don't, it doesn't really work! Use on screen controls, it will take a few tries to get used to it - just reset the race before the end and it won't cost you anything!

I didn't have to reset Any Sweden stages and completed 3 of them without taking damage!

19. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    #99 Cvija01, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Game Impressions

Monte Carlo

1. stage 2.26.16 not me ALLWAYS 2.26.XX

2. stage 2.32.xx not me...

:) why? :)

ALLWAYS 2.26.16, 2.26.09, 2.26.26 I HATE THIS GAME!!!

20. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    but surely your placing first with those times...

My Monte Carlo times are:

Stage 1 - 2:34.55
    Stage 2 - 2:33.53
    Stage 3 - 2:48.99
    Stage 4 - 2:50.66

and first place for all of them...