Universal Wrassling (by Colin Lane)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Can we have the option to change our colour, please?
    Or maybe even MAKE OUR OWN SKIN DESIGN :0

I have become bored of purple, and I now thirst for groovy colours!

2. folmerkelly

folmerkelly Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Duivs: I've heard more people ask for that, might have to see if we could make that happen while we're at it. Probably not design your own skin though!

3. folmerkelly

Oct 2, 2012
    I love messing with the ref's design

[​IMG]

4. wovencharlie

wovencharlie Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Total mindless fun! I love it!! Music and sound effects are perfect.

5. blekdar

blekdar Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Cost Analyst
    Vancouver Island
    This is seriously some of the most senseless fun I've had on an iPad game, well done!

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I second and third this! I love everything about the game except I'm purple lol. I hate purple !

Billy

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Yay!
    Btw can you make the pants not 100% black? Because when people are up in the air it looks like their legs are disjointed from their bodies XD
    I'm so glad that you guys are talking to your audience and listening to suggestions :)

8. folmerkelly

Oct 2, 2012
    Alright, I'm going to ramble about Wrassling for a bit, bear with me!

So the thing about Wrassling is, on a visual / artistic level I've tried to make it adhere to Commodore 64 restrictions as much as possible. For the most part that can be found in the limited detail of the designs, the colours, and the fact that Wrassling uses "double-wide pixels" as much as possible.

This is the Colour palette I'm using:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it's not a lot of colours altogether! So I'll try my best to see what we can do with having different colours for the player, but i'm a little concerned that it might get confusing if the players and enemies start having the same colours. Wrassling gets pretty hectic with bodies flying around!

It's for the same reason that the trunks are the same black as the background. Using limited colours is one of the reasons Wrassling feels like an authentic (I believe) homage to the style rather than a cheap shortcut to being retro.

If anyone has ideas or suggestions for player colours based on the above, do share! :)

So, with all that said, of course Wrassling could technically never run on a C64 at all. There's way too much going on, the resolution is set to take advantage of the iPhone / iPad screen, and the sprites do things that could never happen on the original hardware.

Anyway, the best part of Wrassling, BY FAR, has been YOU, the players. That's why it's super important to us to be open with you, to let you know that we're reading what you have to say, every suggestion and complaint is being taken into consideration. It's also why I write posts like this one, to let you know know exactly HOW we plan to use your feedback, what our progress is, and what you can expect from us for the update. We want to give everyone what they want, but we're also just a couple of dudes doing what we love so we have to be honest when people ask for features we can't deliver on.

Thanks for reading, and THANKS for playing Wrassling!

9. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

You had me at C64.
    Downloading now.

SYS64738

10. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    So this is the Local Multiplayer control set up, bit crazy but 10 buttons on screen is tricky. This is on the ipad mini and i think it plays pretty good once you get used to it.

Were adding in all the little details like pause, switch controls, colour changes swell in the next update.

[​IMG]

11. folmerkelly

Oct 2, 2012
    Some more stuff from the update:

[​IMG]

WHO WILL WRASSLE IF NOT PURPLE MAN

[​IMG]

HOW WILL WRASSLE? TOGETHER, AGAINST OR BY SELF

[​IMG]

WRASSLING OPTIONS FOR MAKING DECISIONS

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    A gaming first today. My girlfriend wanted to know what song I was humming. I realized it was the theme music to Wrassling lol

13. doge killer

doge killer New Member

May 5, 2015
    task help

i have completed all task in game but i don't know what the last two task are for i haven't unlocked anything plz reply

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I'm so excited for the new update! :D

15. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    "task help
    i have completed all task in game but i don't know what the last two task are for i haven't unlocked anything plz reply"

Hi, the tasks unlock the hats, so if you go to the hat screen and all the hats are unlocked then you have all the rewards. If you watched a video ad to unlock a hat then the last achievement, which is score 80 points, won't unlock anything.

16. folmerkelly

Oct 2, 2012
    To keep everybody up to date on the, uh, update:

I finished all the art (so. many. sprites. Portraits, new player sprites, a whole bunch of buttons, the list of assets is huge), Colin implemented the main features (multiplayer (!), hat-and-face selection, options, pause logic), and we're currently tying up all the loose ends (read: Colin has to do a bunch of boring stuff) that come with adding completely new elements to an existing game.

Getting there! :D

17. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    The update is now live!

Local multiplayer, mute music, switch controls, change character colour are all added. We tried to fit in as many of the requests as we could, any that we missed out will be added in the next update.

We also added a new boss, he is a very handsome chap.

[​IMG]

the local multi control set up, its not perfect but it works.

[​IMG]

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I really love this game. Thank you for allowing us to change our color.

19. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Eh. Lol. I can't beat the "Beat a boss with a hat on" task. My high score is 39

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Hold left and swing your arms anticlockwise.
    Then just try and get the boss out of the ring as fast as possible.