iPad Wow, Powerboat for $1.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vende, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I haven't bought it yet, but this seems like a pretty fair price

2. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Damn price drops... I bought it about 10 days ago for $3.99...

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Maybe because another boat race was released (WaveBlazer).

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I was all set to buy wave blazer and now I'll feel guilty because this is so cheap. I think multiplayer is worth and extra $3 though.

5. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    I have both and WB has that speed feeling plus jumps that makes it fun to play. In addition, it is an arcade game rather than a simulation.

More about WB release here (I mean in the topic that this link points to).

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
  7. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Im holding out for Hydro Thunder to be ported or for someone to bring a game like it in all its glory. It was the BEST boat arcade racer and always will be :p

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I tried the demo of Powerboat and found it pretty dull. So, try the demo first.

9. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    I've tried yesterday but I was alone there... I'll try later today, after work.

10. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Yea, Hydro Thunder was by far the best. I would gladly pay a good amount of money if someone came out with a good, complete port of it. I think I use to have it on dreamcast.

11. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    I have it on all 4 formats oddly enough, PS2 was the most refined version. DAMN IT I WANT IT!!!

12. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I really like powerboat, i can play it for long periods of time. Its not so much the gameplay tho, its the story that makes it go ( maybe thats why someone didnt like the demo ). It gets a lot more fun when you upgrade your boat parts, and it actually shows it (unlike other games such as raging thunder, where you buy an upgrade and your car looks no different).
    I bout this for 1.99 and i think it was worth it.

13. I tried powerboat lite and let's just say after 3 or 4 mins I had enough.

14. JamesC

JamesC Active Member

Nov 22, 2008
    #14 JamesC, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
    I'm really enjoying powerboat. I tried the demo and it was a bit boring - the first race was really slow, and the mega-upgraded version was in comparison a nightmare to control. But when there was the sale, I grabbed it on impulse and the real game is excellent. The increase in difficulty is perfect, with the upgrades that you buy affecting the gameplay perfectly, meaning its often tricky but not impossible. For the money, it's definitely worth it. I'm especially keen because the touch control is perfect - I'm not a fan of tilt control because I'm usually playing on public transport.

JC.

15. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I also tried the lite version and got bored after 1 second of the race. The graphics are ugly as hell, the boat looks like it sits as an ugly sprite on the water and the level of the lite version is also very slow.

16. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^^ I agree with das Oliver. Don't know why people think this game is fun or worth the dough...