would you like to see more original character concepts and art, like in mecho wars?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rhdatz, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Rhdatz

Rhdatz Member

May 27, 2009
    i just bought this game, mecho wars - which is an absolute steal at $0.99.

aside from what i think is great game play overall, i am overwhelmingly impressed by the unique and original art style. all too rarely is such freedom and creativity displayed in game art.

please comment if you would like to see other games explore in this direction (as opposed to more orcs, elves, space marines etc.).

also if you know of any other game apps where there is a unique display of
    original art, comments and links would be appreciated.

2. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I care for good artwork, but it doesn't have to be original. Influenced or cloned is still good.

3. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I have to agree with you that Mecho Wars has a very unique style never before seen (by me at least). I also thought that while iDracula didn't invent new ghosts 'n ghouls for us, they did produce some very intricate stuff there, and the characters are very uniquely drawn. Just look at the way the werewolf lollops around....brilliant!

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Doesn't really matter as long the game is solid. Graphics, Depth, Gameplay, and Uniqueness. Those game ingredients is enough to satisfy me. ;)

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I actually don't really like the abstract artwork in mechowars, something uniform to tbs like the units in uniwars would do just fine. But ya, gameplay is more important anyways.

6. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #6 Alichan76, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    OP said:
    I don't think OP was asking for 'artwork versus game play' answers. I think this is a thread to discuss art work only. We all know game play is important.

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I like the idea of new and unique artwork, I think it makes a game stand out.