Would you buy a $39.99 iOS Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by liquidmutiny, Aug 5, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    So basically you're saying that you would download it cracked? No respect towards you anymore.

2. tungtrinh87

tungtrinh87 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    If infinity blade 3 is 10 Gb and has 20 hours of gameplay for 1st playthrough then maybe I will consider paying 40 usd for it

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It's pretty sad how many people are responding with a knee-jerk "No."

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #44 JBRUU, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    Everyone wants AAA iOS games but no one wants to pay for it.

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #45 GodSon, Aug 6, 2012
    Couldn't agree more. Even though I've never Jailbroken any of my devices ever, it's people like you that give honest Jailbreaker's a bad name. Sigh...

Honestly, if Capcom released a full-blown Monster Hunter Frontier, Monster Hunter Tri, or Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, I'd gladly shell out $40 given it's endless replayability (and hoping the Devs REALLY took their time to make sure everything works right like SF for iOS) in both online and offline modes. That honestly would be an iOS dream come true for me...

6. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Thanks haha...

I'm sorry, but I can not afford 40$ for one game on iOS. Its true that I downloaded many cracked games, but I also bought a lot of them. I only buy them if:
    1.) there are IAPs
    2.) if I can't wait for the cracked version
    3.) if the developer really deserved it
    4.) or most commonly: if I'm to lazy for the whole sync process

I spent like 150$ on iOS games (which is A LOT).

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You can't afford a $40 game but can afford a $200-$800 device? And Xbox costs less than that and those games are $60 apiece new.

8. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    That's peanuts!

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'd spend $40 of the game was worth it, though somehow, as several have mentioned, $30 somehow seems much more reasonable.

So you mean like if they spent time and energy creating the game? Shouldn't this be always?

10. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    40$ for a game with no trade-in value is absurd.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    There just hasn't been any kind of precedent so far on the AppStore. Like I said, I wouldn't pay $40 for anything out right now. Who's going to be the first one to invest tens of millions making an AAA game for the iOS?

12. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I have a 3Gs which costs like 150 atm. Plus, a lot of iTunes money i spent was from the contests.

I couldnt afford the latest iOS devices and i wasnt even thinking about spending the whole fortune on iOS games.

No.

13. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Aren't console games just 2GB about anyways now a days? They never fill the disc unless you're God of War 3 which still didn't fill the disc completely. I would probably buy a $40 game if there was a demo to test it out and I knew it was good. Like if it was The Sly Collection I would buy it for my ipad if they reworked controls to work good for touch screen. I would even pay $40 for all Sonic 4 Episodes in one bundle.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    No, my library for the 360 averages over 5 GB a game. MW3 (the most popular game from the past year) is over 7 GB if I remember correctly.

15. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Sly is awesome! Who knows, maybe GL will make a cheap mimick called Rye Fox: Thief Chronicles or something. Haha. If there's demand it could happen!

Btw Blu-Ray has a massive storage capacity per disk, somewhere around 30gb if I remember correct. GoW III supposedly takes a grand total of 35gb (after install and whatnot).

16. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's diffcult to understand, you are looking forward to buy freemium quality ones with premium price?

17. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    A lot of ifs and buts but if you offered me Final Fantasy 15 retina screen for 40 i'd rip your arm off.

18. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    #58 klarence, Aug 6, 2012
    I wound't pay that much for it, high cost is not a must for a good game.
    I can easily say the Mario Kart basically cost same amount of money to develop with Sega all star racing. Why one is priced 40 dollar for it's handheld version and another one is free?
    Even small developer no one knows before like Taomee made a freemium game which is a Mario Kart copy,which is a bad game though due to lack of content and online versus. But one can easily tell from the game that Taomee has the ability to make a very good Mario Kart copy, they just don't it.
    Ninetendo should stop making easy money, I'd rather show my love to more developers and myself other than make the rich richer.
    Same story for COD---not a bad game but far from best and I highly doubt it's a so called AAA game? IMO, they make the same game yearly and the game is kind of lack of polish. why reward one only due to their fame and ignore others.
    And same story for Apple, I'm kind of anti brand. I've respect for developers and no love for Apple. Anyday any other system could offer the same ecosystem the Apple offered, I will discard my IOS devices. But I can't see that would happen any day soon and other mobile system is same expensive with the quality they offer for now.

19. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #59 violentv, Aug 6, 2012
    @@.. what have you been playing? Even the Wii JRPGs are about 10 gb each and old PS2 JRPGs(persona, radiata) averages about 4-5 gb with some requiring dual layer DVDs(xenosaga,wild arms etc).

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    just noticed Klemen is banned :p you really shouldnt shout things like that on a forum where people actually spend lots of money on iOS games