Universal Worms 3 - (by Team17 Software Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Accepted! Wish xcom had multiplayer like this too

2. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Not sure if T17 read these forums, but if so:

Please can we have an option to move the Dpad? On an iPad it's pretty low down and holding it at the bottom is a pain.

Other than that, it's fantastic.

3. Rivalsan

Rivalsan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2011
    The last move I made, you'll notice that I didn't actually do anything. That's because I didn't realize the settings that I put it on. Pro settings are quite a bit different from normal or easy settings! Don't worry, I'll adjust.

4. iMarkyP

iMarkyP Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Has anyone managed to get a full game in online ? Everyone I play just ends up quitting or not taking their next move.

Really wish it had live multiplayer.

Does anyone on here fancy a game ?

5. Rivalsan

Rivalsan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2011
    I just sent the following email to [email protected]:

Team 17,

I'm glad that you all made the new Worms for the ground up for iOS! I've bought Worms for the PC, PlayStation, the Dreamcast, the DS, Xbox live arcade, and iOS, and I've enjoyed the series for the past 20 years. Worms 3 is definitely better than Worms 2: Armageddon, but there are a few things that would be really great to see changed:

1. Allow us to change our aliases when we login via Facebook. If you're going to allow Facebook logins, forcing the user to use their real name for this is not cool at all. Also, the fact that if we sign up via Facebook, our account is forever linked to the email address that is on our Facebook account, which means that if we want to sign up again with our own username, we have to use a different email address than the one attached to our Facebook accounts. Some sort of warning would be great for this. Because if I would have known that in the first place, I would've never signed up via Facebook.

2. Is there a way to do implement some form of iCloud saving? For those of us who have iPads and iPhones, starting a game on one device, and then continuing it on another is a pretty big deal. Neither Worms 2 nor Worms 3 allow you to resume multiplayer games on a different device than the one that it was originally began on. Now you can get notifications on the other device, but you can't actually play the game. However, Worms 3 has worse notifications than Worms 2. The notification will only be sent to the last device that ran Worms 3. So if you have it installed on two devices, and are logged in to your Worms 3 account on both devices, whichever device that you last were playing Worms 3 on will get the notification, and the other device will receive nothing.

Despite these problems, Worms 3 is so much better than Worms 2, especially in the controls department. I will continue to recommend it to others, but please, if possible, do something about these problems.

Thanks much!

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    +1 for cloud syncing. Do let us know if they reply!

7. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Yes, this feels much better then W2.

The D-pad could still have a less visible option; it takes up a lot of space - just a center dot would be enough (not to be moved, just to indicate center).

I still think the 3D backdrop has no place in the 2D worms world. To me the perfect backdrop would be the clouds and blue sky and the pale blue city/mountain skyline of the main menu - or the beach.

I also would have liked to be able to move the level further to all sides, so even the edges of the level could be centered on screen.

It would esthetically better and even logical to see the "Buy more games" button moved to the shopping cart screen - as I already own all worms games and the graphic is ugly.

8. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Nice letter Rivalsan. I really don't understand the restriction about only playing a multiplayer game on the device it was started from. I have over 10 async games on my devices and I play them on whatever device I happen to be on.

This game was seriously cracking me up this morning. Nothing better than a friend trying to kill you and then they end up killing themselves. :D

9. anth_oh_knee

anth_oh_knee Member

Aug 12, 2013
    I've been able to complete one ranked match... Does anybody actually play?

10. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yep a lot of us play. I have 5 on going matches right now, all are active

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week Voting
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Worms 3 was successfully nominated as one of 10 finalist in Touch Arcade forum's Game of the Week poll. Voting will be open for the next three days. Developers may not vote for their own game(s). New user votes are subject to review.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=200017

12. anth_oh_knee

anth_oh_knee Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Any solution yet to playing without Wi-fi?

13. Wander

Wander Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Animator
    Los Angeles
    #93 Wander, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    @Edmilan, I sent you a game request, but it became corrupt for some reason... I think I have the max amount of ranked games going, and it somehow let me make a friendly game, then it realized I have no more room for it :(

14. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    What's the max amount of games? Currently i think i have 5 going on

15. Wander

Wander Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Animator
    Los Angeles
  16. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Just picked this game up today, pretty fun havnt really got into the story mode yet but play a quick game in multiplayer. But the multiplayer is kind of casual and boring

17. SeveredJoke

SeveredJoke Member

May 12, 2013
    Is there a dedicated thread for usernames? So far it's been fun getting cheerfully slaughtered by edsmillan but I'm happy to play against others! Username is SeveredJoke.

18. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Anyone else had the problem that no matter what you set the win number too when creating a game set for pass and play you still only need one win for victory?I want first to 2 or 3 to work!!

19. iMarkyP

iMarkyP Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Hey, I've sent you a game request.

20. iMarkyP

iMarkyP Member

Aug 13, 2011
    If anybody wants a game with me my user name is Mark Piggott

I like to finish games !