Universal Worms 3 - (by Team17 Software Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    You have to reveal your email or Facebook account to play? Glad I didn't buy this game yet.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Sheesh, team 17 use to be the bomb. Now this mess.

3. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    I just bought worms 2 at full price about a month ago....

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Does it really sync progress, or just multiplayer games? I signed in to facebook on my iPad and iPhone and it syncs my multiplayer turns but not my campaign or teams...

5. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    First impressions are really good. I like the control scheme.

If its that distressing to you just create a junk email account. Several of my favorite multiplayer games (such as hero academy) ask you to create an account using your email address.

6. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    #66 SpikeGuy, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    I just installed it on my iPhone. I was able to bypass the login screen and access the single player content.

this is super weird. i don't see a way to play multiplayer without being on wifi. on my iphone it warns me that i'm "on 3g" and that data charges will apply, but the 'online' button is greyed out unless you connect to wifi.

7. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    If you want to play online you have to register with your Email Adress. No need to give your Facebook Credentials, mate. I have not done it and it works fine.

8. bwort110

bwort110 Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Made my day

9. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Finally a good Worms game on iOS.

But it's funny how Worms Armageddon, released 14 YEARS ago, is still a better game in every respect (even the visuals were better).

10. Wander

Wander Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Animator
    Los Angeles
    Anybody know how long it takes for an idle player to lose? I hate when a ranked opponent starts doing poorly, then suddenly becomes "very busy" and stops taking turns :(

11. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Bought! since am a BIG fan of the worms games. So how do you add friends to play against? are they your GC friends? if so, add me :). if not, add me still since my Worms 3 name is the same : Edsmilan

12. Alias81

Alias81 Member

May 2, 2013
    What is the difference between Worms 3 and Worms Revolution for Xbox, ps3 and pc? Because at first glance they look the same to me.

13. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Ha, they've looked pretty much the same since 1995! As ever it's just new weapons, refined controls and little extras, in this case a system of cards that can change each round.

14. Alias81

Alias81 Member

May 2, 2013
    Thanks for your reply. I guess this is just an updated version of worms revution then (same themes) only the card system and a few extras are new.

I was under the impression it was a completely newly designed worms. But with exclusively designed for iOS they just refer to the adjusted controls, menu's and multiplayer I guess.

15. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Well it technically is a wholly new Worms...just as I said, it's worms, you know what you're getting put it that way (and it admittedly is the best version on the appstore in my opinion).

I for one would love to see a remake of Worms 3D though I may be in the minority in that.

16. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    I did it by starting a new game and then searching for a player name. After they are found you have the option to add them as a friend.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is anyone able to play online via 3G? I get a warning about additional fees that might apply, but the online button remains dimmed and un-tappable.

(I'm assuming my inability to do so is the result of a bug, because I cannot fer the life of me imagine that anyone would develop an async title that requires WiFi :) )

18. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    That seems like a bug to me too and it's really annoying.

I spent a good while creating my own custom game type this morning but when I go to create a game with my friend it's not listed in the game types I can choose from. Why else would you create a custom game type?

Still these aren't deal breakers for me. I'm enjoying the multiplayer.

19. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Maybe mentioned elsewhere by now, but install size is 193MB.

20. Rivalsan

Rivalsan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2011
    I just sent you a game invite.