Universal Worms 2: Armageddon (by Team17)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    #41 PeterM11, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Was really excited until I read that not only did they use Plus+ instead of GameCenter even though Plus+ absolutely sucks, and that there is no Retina support even though for a company like this it should be easy to implement, especially with the iPad version existing, and the rule breaker above them all was the lack of multitasking. That's BS. I got sick of the fact that they updated the first Worms twice without adding multitasking and that's why I deleted it. I'm not complaining about the multiplayer promises so I hope I don't get flamed too much for this but cmon Team17! Get your crap together.

P.S. This really sucks because the new features really do make it tempting. Seriously, Team17 you NEED to add multitasking and GameCenter support. I'm really disappointed in the no Retina part too but really? No multitasking support? I just do not like/do not want to use Plus+.

2. Bmanashe3

Bmanashe3 Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Your wrong!

Im sorry, but you could'nt be more wrong imo!

Every good company/developer will know and should know that complaints and critisism are gold. Why? Because it gives them the oportunity to correct mistakes and make adjustments to future releases and updates. How would they know if an area of their game/product was not working correctly, or was difficult to use, or that the controls were too sensitive or not sensitive enough?! If we all shut up or simply gave them praise then they would not work to improve their future releases, there would be no inovation and games will be full of bugs and glitches.

All good developers and companies appreciate critisism and complaints and they will do their best to turn it into a learning experience so that they can improve their products in the future.

Plus if we pay for a game (yes I know, much cheaper than console counterparts, but thats the nature of the app store isnt it!) we should at LEAST get what was advertised, even if its advertised as a future update. Thats just good customer service. Imagine if you brought your nice new iphone 4 which has the promise of new updates and then apple change their mind and decided that they will just add the features they originally promised in an update for the iphone 4, onto the iphone 5 instead! (such as gamecenter and HDR photography) you would be pissed right?!

We have EVERY right to speak up and complain, we are paying customers, and developers should appreciate what we say and learn from their mistakes.

Kind regards

Ben

3. Bmanashe3

Bmanashe3 Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Just to add to the above rant though, the game is great! easy to use controls, great graphics (even without retina graphics) and I love the new weapons! One major gripe is no multi-tasking though, thats a pain in the arse big time!!

SEEEEEEEE!!! If no-one mentioned the fact that no multi-tasking is a very annoying factor, then they would not even considor implementing it into a future update, would they!? Cus how would they know that the lack of that feature annoys us!!?? :p

4. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Like the iPad. When it was announced, the big push was "No-contract, unlimited data for $30". Then, two months later, AT&T did a 180; if you let the payments lapse for 1 month, you lose the "unlimited" data, and are left with some capped plan for $25 a month. This effectively negates the "no contract" advantage!! It was a screw job, because they PROMISED something and didn't deliver!!

OK. End rant.

One Question: does the online multiplayer for W2:A have asynchronous turns, or is it only "live matches"?

TIA.

5. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    You are both idiotic yet have truth to both your "arguments". While it is true that he was not given an exact date for an update, and that technically "future updates" could mean years from the given statement, as a dev it is a bit stupid to make empty promises, then to never deliver. To make excuses for a lazy dev is just asinine to say the least. When you tell your fanbase you will be releasing updates, and know it will take a long time or may never happen, keep in contact with them. At least then you are actually showing you are incompetent but also caring for your costumers. As far as I'm concerned this looks like a rehashed version of the first one with a few extra bells and whistles thrown in. Not particularly mind blowing considering what we've seen the iphone can do graphics wise this year.

6. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Wifi-only online multiplayer?

2 players?

I'll pass.

7. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Also, whoever wrote that description is retarded.

1-4 players? One to four players? Really? I can play multiplayer with ONE player? Surely they mean 2-4 players...?

8. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    There is a difference between complaining and bitching.

9. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    I will grab this when it has correspondence multiplayer.

I grabbed the first hoping that they would follow through with their multiplayer update promise. I was wrong. My bad. I won't make that mistake again.

I will wait for better multiplayer options.

10. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Duck my sick.

11. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    It's sad this thread since the get-go has been nothing but bashing the devs, although from my point of view they do deserve every bit of criticism. Maybe Team17 should make a post here on TA?

12. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Having broken their promise for a online multiplayer update to the first game, this new one had better be damned good to warrant a purchase. I think the bottom line to this all is, devs, if you're not gonna keep the promise, don't make it in the first place! As seen in the last few pages, it's exactly that that's gonna cripple your fanbase. Even Sega kept their promise of adding the minigame update to Super Monkey Ball 2, albeit it took forever lol.

That said, I'd love to see some impressions on the improvements in this game, if any. It's still Worms after all and I love Worms.

13. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Out in the US.

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It is strange how so many of the big name studios fail to deliver functionality which we can expect from most small time developer studios. After iOS 4 was released, it was the triple A titles (well, in an iOS context) that took the longest to implement multitasking. The indie titles are much better at providing multiplayer features. Retina display is a given in almost all high-quality small-team efforts. Game Center has already become a standard among all but the large games.

It might be a cynical notion, but sometimes, I think that the large studios recon they'll sell copies just from the name of the studio and the game alone, and therefore they don't see the need to add polish to their titles.

15. bballbeast76

bballbeast76 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    could someone who's played the game give some impressions? what are the differences between the first game and this one (for better or for worse). thanks a lot!

16. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Okay seriously
    The winner of the worst app icon of the year goes to.........Worms 2: Armageddon!
    It's hideous

17. missalexis

missalexis Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I'm kinda new to Worms, but what I noticed on my iPad is that the campaign is easier, the controls "feel" better (a little less wonky but basically the same), more weapons, more customization for games and teams, and multiplayer (which I have yet to try).

For me totally worth the "upgrade" so to speak. One thing I have noticed is that it's been a bit crashy for me (3 times in 30 minutes) though not during an actual game. YMMV. :)

18. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Cool. Word of lacking retinisation made this decision a whole lot easier, I love it when they do that :).

19. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I had created a thread for weapons inclusion & had given them that link on their Facebook page :)

20. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I'll keep the first one on my iPhone and this one on my iPad.

@complaints,
    I think some of you guys are expecting too much.. too much from big/successful companies. Promises are sometimes broken.