Universal Worms 2: Armageddon (by Team17)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    Why plus+ and not Gamecenter. Out of all social networking intercession plus+ is my least favored.

2. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    You're wrong.

I love Worms, but I bought it because they clearly stated that online multiplayer was going to be available as a future update, Slappy. When they say it's COMING, it should mean exactly that. Why look for an argument?

That's what the GameFAQ's boards are for.

3. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I don't care why you bought it. You bought a product that you knew didn't have all the features you wanted. You made the wrong decision.

Did they name a date when their "promised online mode" would be coming? No? Then maybe it's still planned for the future. But you paid for something that you knew didn't fit your expectations at purchase. You can't blame the developer for that. You could have waited to see if they made good on their promise.

4. icepulse

Aug 7, 2008
    #24 icepulse, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Your persistence is wrong-headed, unsupported and hostile. It makes no sense, either. They said one thing, and it never happened. How can you defend it? It only makes you look foolish.

5. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009
    "you're wrong because you don't agree with me. You're foolish."

Well shucks, now you've convinced me the dev doesn't deserve my money.

6. icepulse

Aug 7, 2008
    Now you're getting it.
    :rolleyes:

7. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Awesome! Worms is one of few games that I play over and over, and over again since its release :) I will definitely get this next week when I have the money.

Don't know if I should delete the first one :/

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    U can keep both if ur ipod has the space, also as we all have iOS 4, creating a folder should not be an issue if ur ipod was not the 1st gen tht is.

We wanted an update to the 1st version with a few famous weapons, also team customization, but I am not really missing anything as the 1st one has almost everything of what I wanted

9. edge3112

edge3112 Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Haters. You annoy me. [insert verb here] off. Please. You don't want to support this game. We get it. Stop adding to the mounting number of posts/views of the Worms thread then.

Right. So, kiwis?! Any word on that Retina support? Can someone explain to me how it's a universal app but under iPad only features they list HD graphics... why won't the iPhone 4 get HD graphics?!

I might get this if it supports Retina, reports of wifi multiplayer are positive and the app icon is retina-enabled (yeh, i know, i hate people like me too. ocd - what can u do, eh?).

10. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009

:) I like you.

11. YOMANx

YOMANx Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    "Take on all-comers from around the globe with online Wi-Fi multi-player action for 1-2 players."

wtf.. just 2 players...... booooooooooring

12. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    This woyld make no sense. A review should be of the game itself, not promises of future features. Factors like how much fun it is, price, graphics, framerate, etc. should be the factors that affect rating, not "they didn't do what they said they were going to do yet".

13. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    #33 Firestar, Oct 26, 2010
    The reason they removed online multiplayer was to add bluetooth multiplayer. You bought it when it didn't have it, you got what you payed for, and the devs have no obligation to you.

I'm downloading it now, so I can tell you if it is worth getting, Retina Display support etc.

EDIT: No Retina, I'm afraid.

14. HailSo

HailSo Member

Jul 30, 2010
    #34 HailSo, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    ----

15. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Any impressions of the game ? Hows the online multiplayer and is there a good selection of weapons/gamemodes ?

Tough decision between this and Chu Chu rocket coming out tomorrow :confused:

16. Firestar

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    #36 Firestar, Oct 26, 2010
    It is missing retina, and multitasking - a relatively simple thing to implement. Basically, this app has been in development since before iOS 4, and needs to be updated.

17. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Are you a developer? If not, please don't make comments saying something is easy to implement, because, for all you know, there could be some special case that makes it very difficult to implement. Don't try to sound like you know how everything works. (just my pet peeve)

Sorry if it sounds like a rant. :eek:

18. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #38 Delusionaltool, Oct 26, 2010
    god people bitch more about stuff then anything, a forum lately is just bitch bitch about the dev not doing something.... did any of you guys make it? nope...

it will be fixed patched whatever...stop your complaining this board sounds like kids not getting their way...

put your selves in the devs shoes they prob been making the game for awhile and didnt have gamecenter ios4, retina dispay....

its worms 2, the best of the series...HOLY HANDGRENADES for the win!

besides doesnt anyone play games to have fun anymore, lately all it is now is complaining and being mad about some features....is the game fun? if it is then there ya go!!!

19. Firestar

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    #39 Firestar, Oct 26, 2010
    I am, and I know for the most part that it is quite simple to implement (although implementing it efficiently is another matter, which could be the problem). This could be a special case, but Team17 should still add support eventually (as I have no doubt they will, they have a pretty good track record with updates).

Don't get me wrong though, this is still a great game and I don't regret my purchase at all. The new weapons and customisation are really fun. My only negative with it is a minor one, that of multitasking and retina support. I would still certainly recommend buying it.

20. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Okay, just make sure you say that in the post, since some people might just be reading the last page and see tons of complaints, and not buy the game and support the developer, which could lead to no updates.