Universal World of Tanks Blitz (By Wargaming.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ip4weather, May 5, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Very annoying!

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Tank Rush

3. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Anyone who has upgraded Hetzer's engine and tracks makes the circling tactic obsolete since upgrading those gives the Herzer a fast turning speed (I did this and am literally unbeatable to Tier IV and below along with weaker Tier V).

4. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Make sure you read the wiki. All of the tips in the wiki apply to the mobile version (some engines are missing). WOT blitz has extremely realistic physics engine and the guns follow them. Knowing the real life enemy tanks weakness will help you defeat them. If you're dying a lot, you may be unlucky and facing arty tanks. Also from your description, you seem to have a few derp tanks. They usually have horrible penetration but excellent damage. Use them on already damaged tanks or open top tanks. In this game, destroyers wait for team mates to damage the armour and then hit the damage areas with He shells destroying them. This is a teamwork game.

5. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    How do I use the German d.w.2 effectively

6. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Reading this will help a lot.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Durchbruchswagen_2

7. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
  8. wilwired

wilwired Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Hi all - New to the franchise and just picked it up. I decided to purchase that $7.99 bundle out of the gate. Got a stash of gold and that awesome tier V tank. Now, here is where I need some help with clarification. It contains NO upgrade path since its a premium purchased tank. It's a tier V tank, so it should be good for awhile. However, say I want to try out a tier 4 or 3 tank and eventually higher ones, maybe from a different faction...do I have to upgrade tanks from tier 1 all the way up? Or can you actually buy a tank straight from Tier 4 or 5 or whatever?

If I goto a different tank on the tier tree, it says you have to buy the prerequisite modules in order to get that specific tank?

Am I missing something? Am I able to use this Tier V tank I purchased, then later on, outright purchase a higher ranking tank without upgrading the starter 1 over and over again?

Make sense?

9. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Yes, some mods are unavaliable but the important are all there.

10. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #110 Aventador, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    I would just have to hug you from one side and you won't be able to rotate anymore ,you could try moving back and forth but I would just stay "attached" to your side armor , very easy to do for any tank apart from DW 2.

Premium tanks that are bought with gold come with all things researched and ready to play.
    Every other tank in game that is bought with silver needs to be researched with experience you get from battles or free experience which you get a little from every battle played or that can be converted with gold.
    So yes, you can use your premium tank , but you can't just skip tank tiers to buy bigger tanks without following a research path and researching all the necessary requisites for higher tier tanks ( meaning you don't have to research all stuff for tanks, just ones that lead to other tier to get there faster ; but then again researching some of side modules like bigger guns gives you a huge boost of experience gain , but prolongues grind time accordingly ).

11. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    True, never had this problem, since the camouflage is so good, I usually hide behind a bush and never behind enemy line or within. Most players I've encounter are Tier III or aiV so that could explain a lot.

12. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #112 bigjack66, Jun 29, 2014
    I'm not usually a glutton for punishment, but I'm still playing. So there must be something here. A good game is if I shoot a tank before dying. The problem is some of the tanks are too powerful and can run you down because they're faster and more powerful and then pound you. Into submission. Tactics don't work against them because they're too powerful. I got a couple of good shots off hitting a more powerful tank from the side on the tracks and nothing happened not even one point of damage and yes I definitely hit so if the tank is more powerful you're wasting your time, or an I the only one experiencing this

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I personally just run away from higher tier tanks:)
    Yes cowardly, I know, but they will just pound you in the ground.

The best tactic there is actually to run away if they are a tier above you and find another tank that is you're tier.

But what I have found to be the best tactic if facing them is to not face them alone.
    Definitely stick close to another tank on you're team.
    If you come across a higher tier, you can fire while he is reloading and vice versa.
    Also one can distract while the other flanks to the rear.
    It is genuinely a good tactic that works for me all the time.
    Of course one will probably die but you'll score quite well and if you are the one to survive, finishing off the higher tier should be pretty easy if ye have worked together in doing damage.

Any time I'm in a higher tier tank, it's that tactic that always knocks me out. If you come across a straggler on his own, they are pretty easy to pick off but two lower tier tanks rotating their fire and reload or flanking me will always cause me lots of problems and actually push me to run away.
    Of course it varies according to the map and you're position but if you're flanked or have multiples firing at ya, it doesn't really matter the tier.
    So definitely pair up at the start.

Also I noticed you earlier saying you miss. It is essential that the two reticles stabilise, zoom and centre in order to get off a good shot. It does involve waiting to hit that fire button but that's why turrets are important to upgrade to improve that time gap.
    You can get in a shot if the reticle has not stabilised and zoomed fully but it will be a bad shot.
    Also dispersion is a factor at long range so in that case, it is essential that the reticle has stabilised.
    Once it has stabilised, it is easier to pick out the weak spot and do some serious damage.

Now I know none of that sounds easy but it does become very natural after a while.
    And I can not stress enough how much of a difference pairing up will make if you are in a match with higher tier opponents.

14. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    If you know the higher tier tanks weak spots, it's actually better to try and tackle them. You receive a lot more XP that way than destroying a whole squadron of lower tier tanks.

15. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Flank. I'm a teir 4 tank and can still kill teir 5 simply by firing the first shot on their flank then relocating before they can turn around to spot me. When ever you start a match, try sticking to the far left or right side of a map and you will get way more kills. My record is 4 in one game. Good luck. You'll get better at time

16. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #116 bigjack66, Jun 29, 2014
    My problem is when everything you say comes together like it occasionally does, perfectly lined up on the side and the reticule has stabilised, they're looking away and I aim at the tracks and the guys as critical hit but nothing happens! That's the problem! Who gets the kill? The guy that does the most damage or the guy who's finished him off cause I'm still not getting awarded any kills! Oh! And running away from a more powerful tank isn't cowardly. It's common sense! Can I just say thanks to Rip73, who's always been a mine of useful information and encouragement through all my whining. And some of you others as well.

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You're very welcome.
    Thank you.

18. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Just starting this game and I have noticed that when zoomed in on a tank I sometimes see that a part of the tank is red, is this the weak spot.

19. LogicalPinkiePie

LogicalPinkiePie New Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Being awesome
    New Jersey, USA
    No. The red spots mean the tank is hard to penetrate in that area.

20. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #120 bigjack66, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    It doesn't matter I shot a tank in the flanks on the tracks and did nothing these tactics only work on weaker tanks, if I shoot a tank even slightly more powerful in the side it does nothing. I was using a weapon buff at the time it still did nothing. It's not a one time thing, I've noticed this over a period of time. All this talk of using a small tank to take on a big tank is rubbish side, back ,tracks top or bottom. Nonsense they're just to powerful and I'm constantly matched against stronger tanks and get wiped out in one shot. Peashooter against an elephant. We need more even match ups to have a chance! Ok now I know something is definitely wrong I can't even defeat weaker tanks from behind! Something's definitely wrong here!