Universal World of Tanks Blitz (By Wargaming.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ip4weather, May 5, 2014.

1. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I accidenty killed my teammate once when I was shooting at a enemy using the rapid fire type gun and my teammate went in front of the enemy and was in the way of my shot. I think only a few of my bullets hit him but that was enough for him to get destroyed.

2. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    How does tanktastic compare? Remember playin that and it was an IAP ridden hell hole. Not to mention I lost all my data. Also lagged a lot.

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #83 Rip73, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    Ah, I wouldn't worry about that one.
    The exact same thing has happened to me more times than I'd care to mention.
    The algorithm seems clever enough to figure out unintentional kills where a team mates crosses your line of fire.
    It does of course recognise someone sitting behind a team mate and shooting away and applies the appropriate black mark.

But you're scenario is a very easy thing to happen.
    I've been killed myself a few times also that way and accepted it was my own lack of environmental awareness that caused it.
    It just made me be more aware of where my team is as well.

You will of course still go blue icon with name and earn nothing from that particular match but it won't lead to suspensions or the like.
    Unless it becomes a common occurrence but again, it's no big deal and an easy thing to happen.

Just as a general tip to everybody, working as a team and staying close to team mates is very advantageous.
    I generally just tag along with another tank or two and we can intuitively sync firing if they are a good team mate and become pretty much unbeatable and pick off the individuals in the opposing team.
    Definitely a good tactic if you want to survive till the end.
    And on another less gentlemanly way, if you're accompanying another team mate, they can be very useful as a shield when you're low on health.
    I generally will protect if a team mate is low and I have high health. Assuming they've been a good team mate.
    Sometimes I'll use them to draw fire away from me. Not as nice I suppose but still, its war, what can ya do.:)

To answer Robowarrior, this is without doubt one of the best implementations of freemium that I have ever seen. It is extraordinarily well balanced. It can become a bit of a grind from tier 6 upwards but buying anything won't help you there too much as it is not meant to be easy to climb up anyway as the game itself makes you work for the top tier tanks irrelevant of iap.
    Xp is the key aspect to it.
    It has iap obviously enough but the game is perfectly balanced and everything is achievable without spending a dime. It can be sped up with a premium package but the rate of speed up won't be needed at all. One can genuinely choose to or not and still gain everything.
    And yes there are some premium tanks. I have two and I think they are the weakest two tanks that I have. They do earn a little bit more currency but for me they are just too weak to actually use a lot unless I'm desperate for some in game cash, which I actually haven't been yet as I've always hade enough currency to get my next tank so they turned out to be a bit of a waste of gold really.
    As to the servers and data, well, they have a substantial server network already for the PC one. Servers will never be an issue considering the revenue they generate in the PC side and the existing network they have in place.
    It is substantial and quite impressive so data loss will never be an issue.
    And they have a substantial support team also that can retrieve and reapply the data should such an extremely rare event like that happen.
    And just to be safe, I personally would recommend a wargaming.net id for the game. I've no real reason or concerns about the Gamecenter id but it just appears like it might be the better option.

4. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #84 bigjack66, Jun 28, 2014
    This is starting to really annoy me now! Call me Bulletsponge! Now I'm getting shot through objects I'm hiding behind, as if there was nothing between us the train wasn't being damaged but I was! How can we tell which objects offer protection and those that don't? I just checked the upgrade tree which would take me up to a new tank only to find it was worse than the one I had! What's the point of that? There we go that's my last battle! Delete!

5. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    What's point of asking questions and deleting game before getting answers?
    It's the basic tank with no upgrades, that's why it looks worse than your current tank.. Which is upgraded. But most the time your current tank can no longer be improved, so this is where going up to the next tank comes in. And then you start upgrading that which it will end up better than your last tank. If it's like PC/console version... Then if you buy all upgrades for a tank, it becomes elite and you get bonuses for Xp/coins.
    Again... Your current tank as basic, isn't as good as the next tank as basic

6. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    The train has a spot were you can get shot in the treads. Other tanks can fire underneath it and hit you. And the next tank I'm you teir is probably worse because you haven't upgraded it. Get the next teir tank and use some xp to upgrade it. Make sure you fully understand a game before you give it one star. One star is really harsh

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #87 Rip73, Jun 28, 2014
    And just to follow on from this (in which Bloodangel has made a very key point by the way), choosing the right upgrade path for your current tank is key.
    And as melocoman said (another very key point), have some spare xp for your next tank as without upgrades and assuming your previous is fully upgraded, the new one will probably not be as good.
    It's pretty obvious to update speed, tracks and so on but turrets and guns are obviously essential and they do need to be upgraded and paired correctly.
    Each item has its stats and a complex upgrade tree. The top rated barrel is not always the best, some lower have higher damage but more dispersion at long range.
    There is a load of factors to consider.
    Using your upgrades wisely and looking at the stats they have is essential. Some lower tier barrels have actually been more useful to me at times. Sometimes higher ones.
    But knowing their stats is essential because it makes you aware of their capabilities and their weaknesses and you have to adjust your play accordingly.

Know the stats of anything before you put it on the tank.
    I had difficulty at the beginning myself in understanding the tech tree and didn't really look at the stats and just chased upgrades.
    After a while when I realised the different effects of the different guns, rate of fire, penetration, explosive damage, range dispersion and so on and so forth, I started to understand the difference, adjusted my play accordingly and started winning.
    It take that a while though.
    But for me that was one of the big draws to it in the first place. It is actually challenging to get it right and makes me play differently.
    I mean even now with a tier 8 tank, I'm still making pretty basic mistakes and going through a learning curve on the new equipment but to me that's just the depth of the game.
    If it wasn't for that challenge, I might be bored by now after 2000 battles, lots of losses and in game deaths but I'm far from it and continue to enjoy it more and more especially now that the servers have so many people on line all the time. Is become even more fun.

Basically bigjack, I wouldn't give up just yet and I definitely wouldn't rate in one star, it deserves far better than that. There's a good few videos on YouTube for the pc version that contains lots of tips and those same tips apply to this one.
    Of course, it might just not be the game for you either, people like different things but if you find you are liking it, give it a YouTube search. I learned a lot myself from some of them.

8. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Your comments are helpful and I'm aware of most of it. My problem is I'm rubbish at multiplayer games it's an affliction I've suffered for many years. My record for this game was to lose all my tanks while my main one was still in battle. I have no tactical ability whatsoever. The problem isn't the game, it's me!

9. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Makes sense to give it a one star rating then.

10. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    I just rate it according to my experience which consists of constantly dying for no reason and being unable to damage a tank right in front of me! Upgrades that have no effect even consumables are no help and also other tanks are able to fire half a dozen rounds for my one I've constantly upgraded and I've never had. This ability that's why I gave it one star and deleted it.

11. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #91 Aventador, Jun 28, 2014

Game makes it easy and highlights tank areas according to your current gun penetration , etc red is places you won't be able to penetrate.
    If playing a lower tier tank in higher tier tank battles, you can be very usefull and earn a lot of experience points.Firsty, you can scout from beggining of the match to provide intel on where most enemy tanks are heading.Secondly , you can pester slower enemies like TDs or heavy tanks by detracking them or use shoot and run tactic.Thirdly, Load up some HE ammo for higher tier tanks and start shooting them at critical points like commander hatch, gun port, driver hatch etc to cripple and put pressure on them.
    Btw, KV 1 tank is a great money maker if you're short on money.
    I played WOT on PC from beta so if anyone has question feel free to ask.

EDIT : tactic guide on WOT wiki is must read for any new playerhttp://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Tactics

12. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #92 bigjack66, Jun 28, 2014
    How do you aim at tanks specific parts? Even in sniper mode it just highlights the whole tank! I've tried behind walls, high on hills , high ex, the result is always the same, I die as all tanks aim at me and I die simple as that! I've known about those tactics in wiki since Battlezone years ago. I've played battle supremacy I do ok in single player but die in multiplayer. Even in sniper mode it's difficult to shoot specific points as the reticule keeps waving about and doesn't aim for any specific part. Still need something to avoid football an tennis on TV.

13. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Some turrets/barrels give a higher rate of fire... 3, 4 or even more shots to another tanks 1 shot, but usually less damage per shot

14. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I don't quite understand your question, which tank are you using ?
    You probably have auto aim enabled which auto targets soft spots but it is often useless when facing higher tier tank from front side, just use joystick to move turret around and aim for vulnerable spots.
    Every tank is usually vulnerable to front lower plate, especially German ones that catch fire easily when you shoot them there ( as they have engines at that place).Tanks with open hatch ( like Marder , M2 with second cupola , SU 85 , etc are very vulnerable to flak guns.Russian heavy tanks are a bit trickier as they have very sloped armor, but KV can be penetrated easily from front side , in the middle front plate where driver and gunner hatch is.Heavily armored Hetzer can be easily destroyed by circling around it as he has slow rotating speed.
    If still in doubt, you can check out all tank weakspots at wiki.

15. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #95 bigjack66, Jun 28, 2014
    How do you turn it off then? Because every time I aim at a tank, it gets highlighted but the reticule is either aiming above it or at the ground and rarely does it aim at the tank! And I die in the meantime! Also I keep going into battles against tanks that are twice or three times more powerful and take me out in a couple of shots! Better matchmaking is needed. Sky, ground, sky ground, sky, ground, bang I'm dead cause the tank that shot me was three times more powerful and shot me while the reticule danced about trying to aim at a tank that was directly in front of me and neither of us was moving. That's why I keep complaining it's not a satisfying experience when the game doesn't react the way you expect. What's really pissing me off now is my kills are not being recognised! I know I've killed tanks but the game says other peopl got them even though no one was around or their bullets would have gone through me!

16. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Man this game doesn't sound like it's for you.

17. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #97 bigjack66, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    You can say that again! Nothing does what it's supposed to. I can't even destroy a weaker tank that is right next to me. Multiplayer has never worked for me. It always goes wrong and I always lose. I'm trying all different tactics .The main flaw is the dancing reticule, even if you turn off auto aim it still points at everything but the enemy. I've had it! No more! I love gaming, I have for over 40 years but multiplayer just doesn't work for me. Have fun with the game , guys cause I'm not.

18. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I had the same sort of experience on the console. I'm trying this for my iPad tonight to see of that's any better. The iPhone experience is pretty awful.

I know lots of people love this game so I'm trying to figure it out... Failing to see the good in it, obviously.

19. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #99 bigjack66, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    Well finally someone agrees with me. I tried on the iPad mini. But I still had a dreadful time there too so if like me you're having a bad experience, don't hold your breath. I tried for two days solid and stank at playing it the whole time. So I'm giving up! It's the one thing I'm good at.

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    If someone could describe this game in two words, what would it be?