Universal World of Tanks Blitz (By Wargaming.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ip4weather, May 5, 2014.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Hope they will add MFI controller support at some point.

2. JoeriD

JoeriD Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. Loving it so far. The pace of the game is perfect for iOS. 7 min battles max, and no "random" deaths from artillery!

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Isn't it just.... AWESOME!!

4. Travischan03

Travischan03 Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Platoon members get to be on te same team.

Note that the matchmaker will match your team based on the tank of the highest tier so... You don't wanna pair a tier 1 with a tier 5...

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It sure is.:)

@crabman. I believe controller support will be added in an update. I don't have a timescale on it though because they are concurrently working on the android release as well.
    But it is one of their priorities. They do want to get the integration right though and that's why it's taking a bit more time.

6. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Anyone know when the 3x exp resets

7. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    It could have been good but when I played I died because one of my teammates shot me from behind. I know because I checked the map and no enemies were nearby. If that's the kind of game you want to play, stick it!

8. JoeriD

JoeriD Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Take comfort in the fact that that player would be penalized. Also, it could very well be you've been struck from behind by an unspotted enemy. And on top of that..just join the next battle.. No repair costs, no drama.

9. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    @Rip73:

thanks for the info.Would be really really helpful cause the Movement of the tanks just sucks imo.

I really apreciate all the customization i can do to the controls but i never had the feeling i have a satisfied amount of control over my vehicle.

Maybe it will get better when i got more used to it and maybe the Tier 1 tank is also part of the problem.We'll see.

But i'm very impressed how polished and complex this game is.It is even fully translated in german,wow.

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Is 30 ping good or bad?

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It does get better the more you use it.
    To be honest I was relatively comfortable with it from day one but I saw a couple of areas where a controller would be very beneficial.

At this stage now, I'm actually of the mind that I won't be bothering using it with a controller now that I've gotten used to the tanks more so than anything else.

I do have nearly 2000 battle up though so obviously enough I'm just used to them anyway.
    They do feel very natural to me but then again I'm almost more comfortable with touch screen now than I am with a controller anyway.

On your point on the tier 1 tank, the tank behaviours is a very big element of it and could very well be the cause of your discomfort anyway. Higher tier tanks and the varying categories do play a very noticeable difference.

Either way, controller support is on the way. It just needs proper integration because of the variables it adds and the way they have the control interface set up on the touch screen. They are some small conflicts that need to be resolved first.

Edit. 30 ping is excellent, the top level.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #72 Rip73, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    When a team mate kills you, they lose anything they gained in the match credits wise and xp I as well. And no repair costs for you.
    Their marker also turns blue. Which basically means a team mate can kill them away without being penalised themselves.
    As a rule, if I see a blue marker, that guy is getting shot from behind:) just to make the point that killing team mates ain't right. I don't encourage following that course of action though because if a player is bad enough to kill their own team mates, they won't last too long anyway.
    They also have an internal system that monitors it as well so consistent offenders will get appropriate bans. I'm not 100% sure if that system is in place fully yet. I'm assuming it is because repeat offender people have been suspended and banned.

I believe the 2XP for first win resets 3 times over a 24 hour period. I can't think of the ex at times now. I'll find them and get back to you.
    In relation to the current 3xp special they have running, it's runs from 07:10am on the 27th (today) until 07:00am on the 30th (Monday morning) CEST (Central European summer time).
    I don't know how that translates to your local time but just google CEST to local time and you'll get the localised conversion.

Edit. Xp x2 used to reset three times a day. 10:00, 18:00 and 00:00 CET (Central European standard Time).
    I don't know what it is now or if it changed from beta to soft launch to full release. It might be twice a day now, possibly 12:00 and 00:00 CEST but I can't say for sure as I haven't had the time to check it and its too late in the day here I. Europe to get an answer before the weekend.

13. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #73 bigjack66, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Thanks for info shooting your own teammates is stupid and spoils the game. I can accept one shot as an itchy trigger finger, I've done it occasionally myself. Not here yet. It's nice game I'll persevere. I'm rubbish at pvp but having teammates helps and I've managed to shoot a few tanks myself. Graphics are excellent so I'll keep going to see what happens. Rip73 seems to have summed up everything nicely. Thanks for that.

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No problem at all. I appreciate the thanks.

15. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Hitting the tanks sell/buy limit gets annoying, oh well.

16. JoeriD

JoeriD Member

Jun 10, 2013
    30 is excellent.

17. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    I can't shoot a tank in front of me cause the reticule waves about, and I keep getting matched against tanks that are too powerful! So I last about 30 secs until I meet the oposition.

18. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Before firing, you're usually suppose to stand still or if your tank is pretty stable use the ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 button. Make sure you're upgrading your tank and getting new ones, it's surprisingly easy to get a tier II tank within the first hour (at least for me). Upgrading individual parts helps a lot if you understand the upgrade tier.

19. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #79 bigjack66, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    I understand the mechanics of the game fine. I'm talking about sitting still with a tank right in front of me while I watch the aiming reticule dance about! I've upgraded my tank and got a new more powerful one and got shot to bits in my first encounter! I'm crap at multiplayer and this is exactly the sort of thing that puts me off them! Still at least it doesn't ask for your life story before letting you play!

20. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Wow, not sure how many from this crowd play PC version, but so far it's like fish in a barrel. Never have I owned so many unfortunate newbs. I'm only up to t3 and I'm sure it will get more challenging as user base expands, but right now, it's open season. If you play PC and down on your luck and need a few feel good matches, check it out. Once you get a feel for the touch controls and understand the aim assist, you will dominate the lower tiers.