Universal World of Tanks Blitz (By Wargaming.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ip4weather, May 5, 2014.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Global release will be on the 26th. Can finally play without having to wait minutes to get in a match!

2. LogicalPinkiePie

LogicalPinkiePie New Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Being awesome
    New Jersey, USA
    The global release date for Blitz is June 26. Says so on their Twitter and Facebook accounts, along with their official website stating it.

3. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #43 oscar123967, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    It just got an update stating its live globally. Its not out in the US though. Should be soon :) can't believe this wasn't mentioned in the TA coming tonight

Is it possible to move my account to the US servers?

4. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    It's out in nz
    Downloading now

5. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Finally a game that doesn't crash without needing to reboot the phone every time and graphics aren't compromised. They hired some really good developers.

6. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Please help someone. Would appreciate it.

Sooo I used my danish account to download WoT during soft launch and at the time they didn't have US servers up, so I settled for the EU server. Well now they have a US server and I can't seem to log into my account while connected to the US, but it connects completely fine to the EU... Do any of you guys know a work around this? Or if its a bug. Would be painstaking to have to unlock everything again >.<

7. Davin296

Davin296 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    US App Store ?

8. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    It is out in the US

9. Travischan03

Travischan03 Member

Jan 31, 2010
    #49 Travischan03, Jun 26, 2014
    It is now out in the US AppStore.

I used to play WoT on the PC, about 14000 battles later I kind of gave up because all my friends started playing something else.

Note that artillery isn't in the game yet, also we only have 3 nations for now.

Coming from the PC version, this is already one of the better f2p games on the iOS market, some people didn't even notice battle supremacy paid homage of WoT to begin with.

IAP model is basically the same from the PC version, making it one of the most forgiving and balanced freeium game yet.

Compared to EA, GLU's model of having crazy weapons for cash only, here we have premium tanks, there are tanks that can give you additional silver rewards upon a match, and they don't need to be upgraded to it's full potential but here's the catch - they are generally weaker than it's free counterpart when fully upgraded.

Take for an example, the T25 from Axis, it's a tier 5 premium tank but the skoda gun on it is basically a downgraded L/70 on the 3001H (Axis tier 5 that can be acquired by simply playing for free)

Game ran super smooth but on the phone it will look tiny.

as of now..

Player base is really low, considering the game just got released and people are being out into 1v2, 2v3 situations.

Let's see how it goes when people start to show up.

Attached Files:

10. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I think there are more people playing in the Asia server cause all my matches have been 7v7

11. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Most matches in Europe servers are already 7vs7 , be it light or medium tier and I have already seen 15 tier 6 and up waiting in queue , really impressive.
    Anyone got tier V tanks to platoon with me ?

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #52 Rip73, Jun 26, 2014
    Your Wargaming.net id is permanently linked to a particular region that you registered to.
    They are working on a "roaming" whereby you can play on different regions but that is probably a long way off as yet because it is a very complicated procedure.

Your gamecenter id is linked to the IP address of the device so it will default to the closest server.
    This is subject to confirmation but from the information I have that is how the gamecenter element works. I'm unsure as to whether it locks you to that region where your Apple ID is regionalised once you use that login method.

So depending on which method you're using (I personally would recommend the wargaming.net method of account synching), that will determine the region.

You can try and use the in game support button (top left tab on main screen, support that in middle somewhere) which will open a safari tab to their support page and try and get the region changed that way. Create a ticket by selecting the "my tickets" option on top right of that page and then selecting create ticket.
    This is unlikely to work as from my understanding, you cannot transfer between regions in that way but it is worth giving it a shot as support will get back to you on it and probably give a more detailed response than I'm giving here.

Also, you could just create a new account on the war gaming.net US region page but obviously progress will be lost on the old account.
    If you use gamecenter to log in, that will also essentially be creating a new account so again progress on EU account will be lost.
    But you will be regionalised.

Alternatively, just stay on the EU server and keep your progress is what I would recommend. Well, assuming your ping is in or around the 30-70 mark. That should be well more than enough for a stable connection.
    If it goes above 150, you might have a problem but I can't really see that happening too often now.
    If you stay, you'll have the later option to play on other servers once roaming is implemented and still keep your current progress.

You'd also still be with us here in Europe and we promise not to give you too hard a time.:)
    Well, actually, we will but you know, that's the nature of the game.

If its only a filling matches thing that is causing you to want to change region, again I don't see the point as now that its on full release, there will be lots and lots of people playing and they have a strong player base in Europe anyway.
    If its to play with local regionalised friends, I understand but I still think waiting for roaming is the best option (even though it is a good way off yet).

On another note on the game, v1.1 international release got a huge graphical and visual bump and a major improvement in sound and sound effects.
    I thought it looked excellent (and it did) but they really have knocked it right out of the park with the international release visual improvements. Its a whole lot brighter with even better detail.

13. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Suprised this isn't getting more attention, it's excellent.

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Thanks Rip. Kind sucks though since I'm going to have to deal with lag hah. I'll contact support and see if they can transfer my game data or something, but I doubt they would

15. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Uhhh looks like they cant do anything, and the ping keeps getting worse and worse. I guess I'm going to be taking a break

16. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Needs more maps like 10 overall including the existing and a larger map even it takes 3gb

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If you're suffering from ping issues, the servers went through a reset and some further maintenance earlier.
    Getting back up to speed could be a factor.

Give it a day or two. But no more than that because of you're gonna jump servers, do it early because you'll have an advantage over the new players in the US because of your soft launch play and you'll get up to speed and higher tiers quicker.
    Plus you'll have the experience to make better choices on the tanks which, if I remember correctly, you had a couple of tech trees on the go so you can refocus on getting the KV1 pretty quickly instead.
    The KV1 is still king in tier V, but do consider the other ones I mentioned to you before.

In short, if you are jumping servers, now is definitely the best time to do it.

18. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  19. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    What's does a platoon do?

20. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Just booted it up again and my ping was still pretty bad. Just tried to play with my gamecenter account, and apparently that is also linked up to the EU servers for some reason. I played tons in the soft launch and just the thought of losing all of my 6 tanks (a tier 4 & 5 tank destroyer, a tier 5 heavy, a tier 3 & 4 & 5 medium) makes me not want to play for a while. I just really don't want to start all over right now, probably sometime in the future though because after all this game is tons of fun and what better tank game is there than the tank game that comes from the people who have impacted the genre the most. I spent hours on the US tree and hours on the RU tree, it just sucks lol. I should've waited for the global launch. Oh well.