Universal World of Blocks / Zorilla Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zorilla, Nov 5, 2018.

1. zorilla

zorilla Active Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Hi there,

We are a small indie game studio. We are very close to finish our next casual game - World of Blocks. Yeah!

Currently we are running closed internal tests. Please let us know if you would like to check the game and give us a feedback. We really appreciate it!

world_of_blocks_banner.jpg

Shortly about the game.

World of Blocks is a puzzle casual game where you break tons of blocks ;) During the game you will also have a chance to find some interesting stuff about the currently played location. Of course there are powerups. unique levels and missions (some levels may be extremely strange :p), cool graphics, music and sounds :p

And here are some previews from the choose levels screen and levels itself:

world_of_blocks_levels.png world_of_blocks_locations.png

Ps. Video trailer will be available soon :)

Thanks!

Zopatrol likes this.
  2. zorilla

zorilla Active Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Hi again,

Here is the choose levels screen from World of Blocks. All animals are animated now, I think it really gives more life to the game ;)

World of Blocks is almost ready. This week I want to start beta testing, so if you would like to check the game and give some feedback please let me know :)

Thanks!

3. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    hi there! level map looks great!

What is the unique selling point of your game? (what's different from Toon Blast, for example, where you also need to blast tons of blocks)

When the gameplay trailer will be available?

Are you planning to add other languages support to your app?

4. zorilla

zorilla Active Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Thank you for you reply and kind words about the level map. It was hard task to do it without any editor ;)

Please let me upload some more screenshots from the game. It will help me in answering your questions.

Screenshot_2018-12-12-12-47-59.png Screenshot_2018-12-12-12-49-42.png Screenshot_2018-12-12-12-54-06.png Screenshot_2018-12-12-12-54-26.png Screenshot_2018-12-12-12-54-46.png Screenshot_2018-12-12-12-55-07.png Screenshot_2018-12-12-12-57-52.png

In general the core gameplay is the same as in Toon Blast - you need to blast a lot of blocks :) However, there are a lot of differences in the gameplay and in the way how the game is built.

The title of the game is "World of Blocks". As you can see in the previous level map video currently there are 6 "locations": Poland, China, USA, Antarctica, India and Australia. When you finish the level you may read some interesting facts about the current location. In the screenshot above is a fact from Poland ;) You don't need to read it, it is just a fact and it doesn't block you from playing next levels. There are a lot of nicely selected facts from every location and it is good to know some stuff :) In the future I want to add some kind of the quiz built from the facts read by the player. But I am still not sure if it is a good idea. Will see.

In the screenshot with main menu you can see a box and photos at the bottom. During the play you may collect badges and photos from given location. It is like achievement ;) In the updates after the release I want to add possibility to share badges and photos with other users.

More words about the gameplay.

In World of Blocks there are 3 main types of the boards: normal (like in Toon Blast), horizontal and vertical. It really changes the way how you play. Boards may have any shape you want. If it is not enough... gravity is also changing, for example in some levels blocks are "falling" to the middle of the board. Size of the board is also dynamic and is not fixed to one size of the blocks.

To finish the level you need to complete the mission. Every mission is built from "elements", like: number of moves, time and target: remove all blocks, remove specific blocks etc. There is no specific rule how the mission is created, so there are simple missions like just "remove all blocks" or more complicated like: remove specific blocks in 30 steps and do it in 2 minutes ;)

And of course there are powerups :p Powerups are charged during your play, but you can also buy them in the "store".

Video trailer: it is in progress :) Yesterday I have released beta on Android, but I am not sure if I can post a link here (I will create post in Android section). I am working on IOS built right now - I have some issues with developer account - not related to the game, but I can't do beta on IOS right now, it should be fixed in 2-3 days.

Currently World of Blocks supports two languages: Polish (this is my native language) and English. There are a lot of strings to be translated (cost is high) and I hope I will add more languages after the release. The plan is to add language from every location in the game.

So, if you are asking about the selling point I would answer: you can smash blocks in the way you haven't done it before and in the meantime you may learn a lot of interesting facts about countries (at least for now.. some of the locations will be very unique... :))

Please let me know if you need more info. I will definitely post the trailer here and notify about possibility to test the game on ios.

5. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO

Appreciate your detailed reply! Now I see that you have a "zest" that differentiates your app from Toon Blast. Make sure to stick to this zest while promoting or pitching your game to press, publishers, influencers etc.

Regarding adding languages after the release, I can't say this is a great idea if your planning to have increased chances for featuring on both platforms. The more languages you have in the initial release of your game the higher chances to get featured you have. I'd really advise you to have more languages in the first version of the build.

Anyway, if you're planning to add Russia as a location feel free to contact me, as I'm native Russian speaker and can help you with texts.

6. zorilla

zorilla Active Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Thank you uti4! I am happy that you see this "zest" ;) And thank you for your advice, I will try to stick to this zest while promoting.

When I was choosing the first 6 locations Russia was on top of the list. Unfortunately, because of the translations costs, I decided to add it to one of the updates after the initial release.

I agree with you, that adding translations after the release may decrease chances for featuring. I will re-calculate all the costs again and maybe I will be able to add more languages in the first release.

It would be really great to have more translations, there is a lot of interesting stuff to read in the game.

7. zorilla

zorilla Active Member

Dec 8, 2017
    If you would like to check the game and share some feedback here is the link to iOS testflight.

Release is scheduled for the end of January 2019 (at least that's the plan ;)).

I am still working on the game and it may change a little bit here and there, but it is fully playable.

Thanks!

8. zorilla

zorilla Active Member

Dec 8, 2017
  9. zorilla

zorilla Active Member

Dec 8, 2017