iPad WordJong or WordFu

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tdoto, Mar 6, 2009.

1. tdoto

tdoto Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Can't decide, which is the better game?

2. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    They are... opposites.

Do you like slow, relaxed gameplay? Or fast, frenetic gameplay?

3. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Exactly! Answer the question above and you have your answer. I have both, but I am an addict! :D

4. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Honestly, they cater to different interests so my question to you is-- do you want a fast-paced, spontaneous experience like Boggle or a slower, more contemplative experience like Scrabble? WordFu is build around coming up with as many words as you can in a short amount of time whereas WordJong is built around specific, daily puzzles that need to be solved (though there is usually more than one solution)

You can't go wrong with either. Presentation and replay value are excellent in both titles, but you may get longer-term enjoyment out of WordJong

5. man835

man835 Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Both Great

have both games, and dig them both. I prefer the pace of wordjong a bit more. wordfu can be stressful sometimes!

Plus, the wordjong daily system is better for comparing scores with friends. Its never quite even ground with wordfu. both games really need online leaderboards tho...

6. Elio at ngmoco

Elio at ngmoco Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Stay tuned for our next update! We'll be loosening the timer up as on option and adding a way to compete with your friends on an even ground :)

7. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    WordFu -- I like the quicker pace myself.

8. Enk

Enk Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Any chance a lite version of WordFu will be coming out? Because I've been looking at it for awhile and have it on my snipe list for $.99 but would love to give it a try before I buy it at $1.99.

WordJong looks good too, I just really haven't decided what to get yet. Although the slower pace of WordJong sounds good.

9. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    The sound effects of WordFu are what have me sold :) Now I'll have to look into WordJong too... I hadn't heard of it.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member

WordFu is phenomenal, you're going to have a hard time finding anyone who regrets flipping out the two bucks for that game. Between the hilarious sound effects, the unique letter dice mechanics, karate chopping to enter words, and unbelievably fun multiplayer... It's a steal for $2.

You can pretty much just blindly press "BUY NOW" on any ngmoco game and end up with something good. ;)

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This is already one of my go-to games any time I'm bored, any "enhancements" are icing on the cake.....WordFu.

12. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Depends on your mood really...I play both and they're terrific. Lately, WordJong has been getting a little more play because it can relaxing to play without time constraints. But, on days when I need some heavy word action, WordFu all the way.

13. fresh82

fresh82 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    i have both and id pick wordjong over wordfu. atm, wordfu is a bit laggy and frustrating at times since letters dont register when you press them. i dropped my iphone once since you have to shake to submit a word... lame. as someone had mentioned before, wordjong is less frantic and allows you to be more creative in creating longer words

both very polished games, but wordjong gives me more enjoyment.

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    well, looks like I'm picking up WordJong too:)

15. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    The interface is WordJong is pretty polished, and you get a daily puzzle with a high score that you try to beat. Because the game is based loosely on a Chinese game Mahjong, tiles are visible but they're only active based on which tile you select before. A nice feature is the Undo button, and you have some perks such as a Bomb which allows you to destroy a tile to get to another one and a Wild tile, which can be used to represent any letter to help you spell a word. It's a good thinking game without worrying about beating the clock.

16. Elio at ngmoco

Dec 12, 2008
    You don't have to shake the phone to submit. You can tap the word you are spelling up top to submit as well. Or if you like to shake and don't want to shake as vigorously, you can set the Shake Sensitivity higher in the Options.

17. fresh82

fresh82 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    yea i changed the sensitivity soon after i dropped it. as you mentioned, i was probably being a bit too aggressive as far as shaking goes, so ill take some of the blame

if youre really from ngmoco, is there any word on an update for wordfu? any fixes for some of the aforementioned issues in my previous post?

18. Enk

Enk Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I ended up going on a word game spree and bought WordFu, WordJong, and WordsWorth. All 3 are awesome games, and I'd recommend all of them. I probably like WordsWorth and WordFu the best so far. I'm not a big fan of the WordJong graphics. But it's a much harder game than the other two.

19. Elio at ngmoco

Dec 12, 2008
    Yes, we have an update coming soon. We're trying to finalize it currently. It will have a few bug fixes, ability to listen to your iPod music while playing, starting time options, and another cool feature you'll find out about soon.

20. 99Games

99Games Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    New Udupi, India
    Thanks for suggesting WordsWorth

Hi Enk

Thanks for suggesting WordsWorth. We are waiting to hear your feedback on the full version of WordsWorth.