iPad "Wordfu" and "Topple Too"

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Jan 17, 2009.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #1 NotYou, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    topple too? topple the second?
    wow. how will that one work?

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
  4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    hmmm.... i saw this the other day but thought someone had started a thread already. did u search mr.mod?

anyway i asked about rolando update but have not replied? they did say in a previous tweet that they were "getting ready for the next round of games and updates"

5. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Ng:Moco's Upcoming Game: TOPPLE TOO

so im kinda pissed with them upon learning this info..

they will NOT be updating topple and instead they're releasing a sequel to the original topple.

i guess TOPPLE will now be FREE forever but it's kinda disappointing that the people that paid for it initially are robbed with this move.

what do you guys think?

http://www.148apps.com/news/ngmoco-announce-topple-wordfu/

6. OahuSurf

OahuSurf Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I got Topple for free, so I could care less. :D

7. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I think they are allowed to do what they want.

Sequel's are nothing new, the new version is apparently different enough from Topple that it warrents being seperate.

I could see being mad if they abandoned Topple and split the game up so that the new one was the old Topple with updates, but it seems like the new one is stand-alone.

Everyone always says how people should treat the ipod touch and iphone as it's own gaming device, yet y'all complain constantly bout being entitled to things you normally would never get in the first place.

NG:Moco makes fine games, there is no reason to bash them just because you don't get your way; there is no need to act childish about their decision.

8. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    I was a bit annoyed when I bought it a couple of days before it was free.
    Still only a dollar, for me that's 8 minutes of next to no work at a supermarket :p
    So I don't really care.

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Am I the only one who thinks Topple sucked? I deleted it after two minutes of play: too repetitive.

10. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    sequels are nothing new... YES

BUT... most sequels original games are free (TOYBOT, AURORA FEINT etc)

and i HAD to pay for my game.

PS. you dont know me long enough to say im bashing them. i'm one of ng:moco's most loyal employees but this move kinda sucks. i guess we should wait for more info. maybe it'll be free after all

11. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Couldnt agree more danburns99

Im pretty excited ro see a sequel to topple thougb, i had fun playig the original

12. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Also, you are not robbed of anything.

You paid for Topple and still have Topple.

Their game is fantastic as it is, there is nothing wrong with it.

13. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #13 Donburns99, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    Mis-read the first part. From what I can tell Topple is free and will remain free, from what you say, so I'm not sure of what the problem is. I bet before some of those sequels came out, the original games weren't free. Just as Topple wasn't free at one point. Am I wrong in that sense?

Toybot is $3.99, there is a free version, but it is watered down. Is Topple going to be watered down? If not, that's a bad example.

You chose to pay for your game; you had three options.
    1) Buy the game (you chose this).
    2) Wait, and buy the game later.
    3) Don't buy the game.

The move sucks, but once again, it's their decision.

If you are so loyal, as you say, then show your support and defend their decision.

They are a solid company and I for one would personally hate to see them stop making games because customers demand their sequels for free. Of course, they could go with what works and make one of the best fart apps out there. I bet you'd be ecstatic about that.

Edit: Probably should have edited the last post for this one; sorry about that.

14. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Guys. Read or learn English. It says an update / revision for the current game Topple. Sounds like an UPDATE not a new app.

15. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    as someone else has already pointed out. Most sequels, specifically the ones you are pointing to are NOT free.

arn

16. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    im talking about sequel originals (first installments) as what i said in the post...
    http://appshopper.com/games/aurora-feint-the-beginning

i was part right though... first installment of toy bot isnt free

i guess i just wished i had known that topple will be offered as sequels from the get go

17. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    LMAO @ all the self-important people who buy a sense of entitlement for the price of one dollar.

Serious though, I bought a Coca-Cola today and after having a smile and enjoying my beverage, I read on my RSS feed that Coke has been released in a new CHERRY FLAVOR.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!@#$#!!!@!

Someone better give me one of those Cherry Cokes for free. Better yet, someone better refund my $1.39, for the original purchase.

cry me a river cheapskates.

18. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    kinda.. aurora feint was always free but you knew there was gonna be a paid sequel from the beginning.

from the looks of it, topple too will have more levels so in that sense, the original version is watered down

true that it's their decision to charge whatever they want. and regarding loyalty? is it bad to be upset regarding some of their moves?

i dont really get the throw on fart apps. what was that all about and you saying id be ecstatic about it.

19. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I just bought gas last week and the price went down this week. I went back to the gas station and they wouldn't give me the difference. I'm pretty pissed off about it.

20. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Revision
    rewrite: something that has been written again; "the rewrite was much better"

Sounds to me like they re-did Topple from the ground up and changed it enough where updating the current one would wipe out the old version of the game. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I'd rather have two versions than just the new version overwriting the old.

They could do something like Smiles did and have 2 versions in one game. Which seems to be what superbad and some others want.

But keep in mind that a complete re-write, never mind just development in general costs them money. If they want to keep Topple free, then introducing a new version to recoup some costs is a good move and I have no problem with them doing that.

This doesn't have to be some big argument or anything. But trust the developer and their decision. If they feel this is best, it probably is. There is little-to-no solid information made public about this besides that it's happening. So being pissed off at them for a bunch of unknowns seem silly, especially if some claim to be loyal.

Last I checked, loyal customers (employees?) stood behind what they believed in, even in cases where they think a wrong decision may be being made.