iPad WordFu 1.2 submitted!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Elio at ngmoco, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Elio at ngmoco

Elio at ngmoco Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    #1 Elio at ngmoco, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    Hi all!

WordFu 1.2 was just submitted this morning! We have extended our Challenge Mode features to support Facebook and Twitter. Now you can enter your Facebook and Twitter credentials and post challenges to those sites.

Friends who own WordFu can play against your scores just by clicking the posted link on their iPhone and iPod Touch in the Facebook app or your favorite Twitter app! This will open WordFu on your iPhone right to the challenge. You’ll play against the same letters, settings, and score that your friends had!

In addition, we have added the ability to recover from putting your phone to sleep or receiving any interruption, like a phone call, while playing. The game will re-enter to where you left off so you can take breaks and get back to the game you were playing instead of having to restart every time.

We're currently working on French, German, and Spanish versions of WordFu as well!

As always, we're looking for feedback if you have it!

~Elio

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Holy cow, AWESOME.

3. Make sure I understand this right. "right to the challenge" means say you got a score of 845 with letters S L M J G C O A Z
    so your score is posted on facebook then your friends click on your challenge and it opens up with those exact same letters and gives them 2min like you had and see who gets the highest score? I assume also turns on Shaolin mode if that was on during the 845 score too.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Oh yeah, you should force placers to use the same set of letters in challenges!

5. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah, I'd like to know what they mean as well..

6. Elio at ngmoco

Dec 12, 2008
    Exactly! It sends all your settings, your dice layout, and your score!

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Alllllllll riiiiight!!! [​IMG]

8. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    This is awesome, I've been waiting for them to incorporate Twitter into this. Is there any time info on when it comes out? I hope soon!

9. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Awesome. Update week from ngmoco. Rolando, WordFu, Topple 2. Awesome!!

10. Elio at ngmoco

Dec 12, 2008
    Within a week or two. It's all in Apple's hands at this point.

11. iamse7en

iamse7en Member

Aug 26, 2008
    The send challenge via email does not seem to work.

Also, it'd be better to send a facebook challenge to a FRIEND, not just PUT IT as your facebook status. That's retarded.

12. yacoub

yacoub Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
  13. guant

guant Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    if you like word games this is a must buy, my wife and I have lots of fun playing over wifi!

14. suikodan

suikodan Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Hi Elio,

I want to buy the game now but I want to know if my purchase will also include the localized versions when they're ready.

Thanks!

15. Elio at ngmoco

Dec 12, 2008
    Hi suikodan,

The localized versions will be released as different versions and won't be included in the English version of WordFu that is currently for sale. We're spending a lot of time customizing the gameplay experience for each language with optimally tuned dictionaries for French, German, and Spanish. We've put a lot of thought into each language so that non-English speaking word gamers have something they can love!

16. suikodan

suikodan Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Thanks for the answer! I'll wait for the french version then! :)

17. Elio at ngmoco

Dec 12, 2008
    Hi iamse7en,

Can you give me any more details on the email challenge via private message?
    Also, we're looking into future work on our social network systems (Facebook, Twitter,etc...) and this may change in the near future.

~E