WordDigest English Dictionary for iPhone and iPod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Global Delight, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Global Delight

Global Delight Well-Known Member

#1 Global Delight, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    Hi All

WordDigest Dictionary, Thesaurus and Spell Checker app is available for a 50% Off.. Buy a copy now!! Offer valid for a limited period only

New:
    ✔ Improved UI
    ✔ Add notes to the words list
    ✔ Words of the day
    ✔ Crossword solver
    ✔ Anagram solver
    ✔ Tap customization
    ✔ Optimized for iPhone OS 3.0

WordDigest is an intelligent and fast English dictionary, thesaurus and spell checker tool all integrated into one complete package. Its intuitive word-search and spelling suggestions are quick giving you in-depth information of words without an Internet connection.

Buy now and pay only $1.99

Some of the cool features:
    Features:

- Dictionary containing more than 147,000 words
    - IPA pronunciations for 87,000 words
    - Built-in hyperlinked thesaurus for more than 28,000 words
    - Built-in hyperlinked intelligent spell checker
    - Set bookmarks to favorite words
    - History of previously searched words
    - Built in web search for Wikipedia, Wictionary and Answers.com
    - Option to show the etymology (word origins) for a word. This feature requires active Internet connection.
    - Option to alter the text size

Regards
    Team Global Delight

Attached Files:

2. Global Delight

3. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    thanks for the code! A3H7EYHAM7HX will leave a review soon! :)

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Recieved a code. Thank you. I'll probably get a review done by tonight. I'm glad I have a new dictionary app, because my other one was crap.

5. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Gonna write my iTunes review soon. To sum it up, WordDigest Dictionary is a decent app. In fact, I'd call it better than decent. Included is a variety of tools including a thesaurus and spell checker. It is WAY better than the free Dictionaire app. My only concern is the words used. There are a ton of unnecessary words which have no need there. They are mostly Proper nouns like writers I've never heard of.

Oh, and another thing, when you check the web, there are a list of websites you can use for the definition. Could you get dictionary.com it there? It is probably more accurate than wikipedia.

I'm not dissing your app. It's really nice, and will be incredibly useful for school. Thank you for the code.

6. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    I just bought Word Web yesterday always willing to try another one.

7. Global Delight

WordDigest feedback

Hi All

We have given away all the 4 promo codes. When we have more codes in hand, we would let you know.

WordDigest can still be purchased at $1.99 (50% OFF) as an introductory offer which would last for the next few days. Hurry and buy now..

It would be great if you could help us with your comments, suggestions and review.

Thanks
    Team Global Delight

8. irene1975

irene1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    I just got a code to try it out. I could say I love the dictionary and spell check.
    The dictionary has phrases that show usage of words. Furthermore, I can check my spelling when I type my sms.

9. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
  10. Global Delight

The features of WordDigest are listed above. You can check more details on the App Store. Plus, as an introductory offer it can be purchased at $1.99 (50% off) for a limited period.

11. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    #11 zvnthynn, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
    i haven't tried any free dictionary but if i had bought this (instead of receiving a code) for $1.99, i'd say i got my money's worth. :D on top of a dictionary that's above satisfactory, i got a thesaurus and spell checker too. search is also quite fast.

similar to coconutbowling's observation, i'm a bit mystified with some of the words. why are there entries like "good and" and "a few" (why include the article "a")? as english is not my first language, is there a reason for this that i'm not getting? :)

i'd say 4/5. :D

12. Global Delight

Hello coconutbowling

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into your suggestions for adding additional reference sites to the app. Also, we are working on the wordlist.

It would be great if you could pass the review link as well.

Thanks
    Team Global Delight

13. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I like it so far. I don't mind the enormous word list; in fact, I see it as a plus. (Sometimes combinations of an article and a word might change its meaning, I guess? So maybe that's why there are so many phrases.)

I'd like to see it be a bit faster--it lags a little bit, but not too badly. And +1 to adding more dictionaries. Is copyright an issue? I'd go with dictionary.com and maybe m-w.com.

The history option is a godsend! Perfect for vocabulary building. And the favorites option is good, too, mostly for the same purpose...and then there are a few words that deserve to be loved. :) Any chances of audio pronunciations? Copyrights, I know...but it would be very, very much appreciated.

All in all, a solid dictionary, and a good app. Well worth its price. I keep its icon sandwiched between Stanza and Kindle. It's so convenient to be able to jump in and out!

14. Global Delight

Hello Cazure

I'd like to see it be a bit faster--it lags a little bit, but not too badly. And +1 to adding more dictionaries.

Could you please be specific what needs to be faster? If you are talking about showing web search results, then yes, it is little slow. The search results have been optimized to suite the display on your iPhone or iPod touch. So, you’ll see that populating the web results takes an extra 1 or 2 seconds on your device but the contents fits beautifully on to the screen.

Is copyright an issue? I'd go with dictionary.com and maybe m-w.com.

We need to respect the Copyright issue and follow the terms, and sometimes need to obtain a prior approval. We would check th sites you've mentioned.

Any chances of audio pronunciations? Copyrights, I know...but it would be very, very much appreciated.

We had this in our mind... App size may be a concern but we would definitely look into.

We are delighted that users have started sharing the opinions about WordDigest but the same is not appearing on App Store. Any reason :confused:

Keep sharing your feedback, comments and suggestions.

Regards
    Team Global Delight

15. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Mostly when I'm scrolling through the giant list of words (search tab, but without typing anything). :p Like I said, that's understandable. And the web version is a bit slow, too; not too important, as I don't really need it.

I agree with the one app store review that suggests integrating spell checker and dictionary search--if no results are found, bring up a "did you mean...?" entry.

As for dictionary.com, it's actually an aggregate of multiple other sites, so I don't see why you couldn't get permission, if they did. :D

App size would be a drag. Hmm. We could have the option of downloading an audio "pack," the same way that Tap Tap Revenge works--that way, consumers would be able to delete the audio if they ran out of room. What about a synthetic voice, like the one included in Adobe Reader? Or is that synthesizer inaccurate? (Probably. Scratch that idea.)

WordDigest is in the app store for me...do you mean app store reviews? I looked for it on apptism earlier and couldn't find it, actually.

16. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Cazure, do you mean an audio pack as in a pronounciator? If so, I would welcome that idea. I'm not to worried about size, so it's okay.

17. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Yeah, sorry if I was unclear. :)

18. Global Delight

Hi

Regarding Web version: It is slower by a second or two because we have formatted the search results to fit the screen width of the device optimally. However we are working towards making this process faster.

We are exploring the possibility of providing audio pronunciations for the future releases and it is on top of the priority list.

Thanks for your comments in the App Store. Look forward to seeing more feedback.

Regards
    Team Global Delight

19. Global Delight

Hi All

We have one promo code for WordDigest.. Leave a message here and we would pick one user after 24 hours and send the promo code..

Regards
    Team Global Delight

20. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Well, I don't need a promo, but cool of you to be here. :D

I actually wanted to point out a flaw in your website. Has it been tested for firefox? Because there's a giant white space between the header and the body in firefox--so big, that at first I thought I was on an empty page. Might want to fix that. :) (Firefox commands a fifth of the browser market, you know...and more among the younger gens.)

I just discovered the deletion feature in the history app, btw--very nice! :D This has definitely usurped WeDict on my iPod.