Universal Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (by DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, May 29, 2019.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Oh boy. Borders on iphone X? A no go for me.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    sorry but it is still at $5.99, check the posts above.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I’m really impressed.
    Fine tuned the controls to my linking, and it has been a buttery smooth experience.

4. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Well, it’s usually hangs up for a while, so more people can buy it at a lower price. Also, the game hasn’t rolled out in some countries. At least, I believe so

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I had absolutely no idea this was coming out until about five minutes ago, can’t wait to give it a go, I have fond memories of the original and high hopes for this. I’m on hotel wi if and it’s taking forever to download....

6. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Can anyone confirm if this is MFI compatible?

Skall likes this.
  7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I need practice with those controls or to find where it’s comfortable for me, I found it infuriating trying to be precise getting those head hits.

8. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    According to a previous TouchArcade article, “Playdigious also confirmed that it has full MFi controller support on iOS”.

Also, just found confirmation on their Twitter.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Very happy with this. I think people get too hung up on the borders issue. Presume they do it like this due to the aspect ratio. If they make it full screen people will moan the graphics are stretched.

All good so far. Love AAA games on iOS

10. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Awesome, thanks. I did also get of my lazy arse after posting this and googled it. But good to get confirmation!!

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ok, 2 hours in and I’m seriously impressed.

It’s the old school game in a modern glorious coating that I was waiting for.

Found sooooooo many secrets!!!!

Stuck in canyon/desert right now.

Great game, plays really great on iPhone X so far (I really don’t see anymore the side bars to honest).

Did I mention it looks GLORIOUS?

Premium game at its finest, I feel I steal it.

12. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Yes perfecly supported

13. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Just realized no icloud saves :(

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    MFi is the best way to play this game on my iphone. Without it, the controls, at least for me, are a bit clunky.

15. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Best way to play pretty much any game that supports them. Really can't see why more people don't have controllers. Easy to get a grip fur then to hold the phone in most cases. Makes it so much better!

16. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Because there are a big part of phone players are “light” players. (compared to those “hardcore” players who spend money on controllers like you and me)

We know games would be great most of the time with controllers, but most of “light” players who just want to play the game by the original touch control, since there is no other cost to them.

icoker likes this.
  17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yes.

icoker and Makara Nou like this.
  18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It’s not that. In my case, there’s a ‘thing’ about having an all encompassing device in your pocket that you can pull out and play with at any time. I know physical buttons will always be superior to a touchscreen, but if I wanted to bother with a controller I’d play my Switch or PS4 instead. I’ve always loved iOS devices (and will never buy an MFi controller unless there’s a point in time where certain games REQUIRE them) because they’re small, compact and don’t require any extra hardware to bother with. And naturally with how we all spend on these ridiculously overpriced devices, you can most definitely rule out not wanting to spend a few more dollars on a controller.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'll second this. I love the thought of having a portable (awesome) game in my pocket I can play anywhere. Once I add a controller, I feel I might as well play on my PS4 or something / defeats the purpose. I buy a lot of ports to have them in my pocket, ready to play any time. I wouldn't bother buying some of the ports if I was just going to use a controller and play with them similarly to how they are originally. I actually don't ever plan on buying a controller for my iPhone. I'd prefer a game have great touch controls over controller support imo, if I had to choose.

Of course if you like playing with controllers, that's fine. Everyone has their own gaming preferences.