Universal Wonder Blade (By Puppet Depot Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PuppetDepot, Aug 9, 2018.

1. PuppetDepot

PuppetDepot Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    There will also enhance the performance of dodge and catch enemies in next update :)

dukat111 likes this.
  2. Rohit Bhatia

Rohit Bhatia Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Male
    Youtube
    India
    Any Update on the Android development? Will it come?

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I do hope you add difficulty settings (easy, normal and hard?) As is, I'm sure that currently it's hurting your sales - For example I told my friends to wait for an update and not buy the game as I stopped playing after the 2nd boss. He's just too frustrating for me and I am a pretty good player overall. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's a shame the game losses sales because of this. I can't imagine how a less skillful player would feel.

PuppetDepot likes this.
  4. IggyZX_

IggyZX_ Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Male

Yeah, you guys definitely did a great job on this game, I’m enjoying it immensly!

PuppetDepot likes this.
  5. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Yep, inability to turn off music is also a pet peeve of mine. I’ll never understand why developers choose to force their music upon us. I won’t purchase a game if I know the music is persistent. So, I’m now in the waiting line here.

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    bought it as promised and i am loving it as much as i expected.
    It is difficult only in the sense that you cant blindly button mash and get theough everything. I died twice before finishing the first stage, one on the big knight and one on the bomb catapult. These were wake up calls to the previously furious attack spam.
    But i love it. As i get older i love challenging games more than not, provided they nail down the controls and mechanics - which this game does.

Some initial suggestions:
    1) add button placement and opacity option
    2) reduce the side area that the characters and enemy can go entirely off screen
    3) add an option to look how we want while we retain the bonuses of an unlocked costume (ie i would love the increased food chance from the cheese costume while looking like the original skin - as long as we unlock them, let us mix and match
    4) how are the stats increase translated into the mechanics? ie what % does one point in crit make ?

Keep up the good work, i havent felt so good about buying an ios game in a long time :)

PuppetDepot likes this.
  7. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Am I the only one who found the scene where you are on the pig a bit difficult: we are only at the beginning of the game.

For a first stage, I found that it was hard to deal with the delay between exclamation marks and the time to jump, also the indicator for the projectiles is very small and get lost in the action.

Difficulty seems to ramp up very quickly in this game :)

stubbieoz and PuppetDepot like this.
  8. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Okay so I'll be honest. I deleted the game after dying at the 2nd boss countless times. Got frustrated tbh.

Then, I re-installed and went for a second go. And now, I have progressed till the end of 3rd boss. (Killed it too)

Yes, there is a difficulty spike. Might even frustrate you. (Like it did to me on the first attempt) But it's doable. And it does not require any grind. I took down the 2nd boss at level 7. The key to the boss fights are the following:-

1. Observe their attack patterns first (Don't go after them initially - just avoid)
    2. Dodge away from them, not into them
    3. Use side-ways movement effectively
    4. Kill the adds and avoid the boss when you need that extra food drop
    5. Finally, the most important tip, be patient. You don't have to take down the boss in seconds. Take it slow. Observe and adapt.

These really worked for me. Hope it helps some of you.

Overall, now I am loving the game. On my first run, I got frustrated and deleted it. Contemplating about my risky purchase. But now on my 2nd run, I am glad I came back and gave it a second shot. I guess in today's day and age, when games are mostly about graphics, artwork and hype. We generally don't come across games that pose us any kind of challenge. Therefore, this game (which is more closer to the old gaming roots) has taken us by surprise with it's challenge factor, and we feel it's too hard. Trust me, it's not. It's just what gaming is supposed to be.

Thanks a lot @PuppetDepot for this gem of a game. Not only because it's a great game, but also to remind us what gaming is supposed to be about. :)

aconfusedkender likes this.
  9. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    You can tap on the settings button in the lower left corner of the map to close the music or sound effects :)

shfrost and raravan like this.
  10. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Welcome back warrior! You know me!! Greatly touched:)

Rocksaint likes this.
  11. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Only iOS right now.

12. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    just lol at @shfrost. big l o l.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  13. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Maybe I hide the volume control too deep.:(

14. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Huh?

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I’m kind of done with this game, at least until there’s an update. Here’s what killed it for me:

I spent half an hour grinding so I could go into the second boss with the ultimate charged, 4 potions, and the Phoenix feather. I ended up beating it at my last hit point (all potions and feather used). But here’s the kicker: one stupid mob was alive when the victory animation started. I got the ice power, then, just as the cut-scene ended and before I could anything, the mob killed me. So now I have the ice power, but the boss victory didn’t
    count
    ! To go forward in the game, I have to go through all that again.

I’ve been gaming for over 30 years, and that has to be the single most frustrating moment I’ve experienced in a game. So congrats, dev, I guess. That’s not about having skills or being hardcore — that’s bad game design. I can put up with a lot in a game, but my gaming time is valueable, and you wasted a crap-ton of it. Well, no more.

Good luck with the game. Let us know when the update is ready.

16. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    The update is coming soon.

17. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Love this game, the gameplay is so difficult tho but luckily i pass level until the snow area, the enemies are brutally difficult now im level 20 then i try to defeat the 2nd boss again without potion but i can’t still defeat it i think the most difficult boss is on the 2nd boss

18. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    The second boss seems to need to be weakened, thanks for feedback.

terang likes this.
  19. smugpugd

smugpugd Member

Dec 10, 2012
    My son and I are both loving this game, but let’s be honest with ourselves: it’s an almost direct remake of Castle Crashers on XBLA (the greatest game of all on that Arcade platform, IMO) or, if you will, a loving homage to the original. That is why it is so good. It’s not in copyright infringement territory, as far as I can tell, just very similar in gameplay, art style, and story. The fact that this is mentioned NOWHERE in the review or gotw article is kind of odd. Maybe Jared never played Castle Crashers? Don’t get me wrong, until now, we didn’t have Crashers on iOS so the fact that we do now is great. It would just be nice if credit was given for the obvious inspiration.
    All that aside, devs, you’ve done a wonderful job here and filled a hole in the App Store with this one. It is very well done and the fact that it’s made by a staff of two is incredible. That second boss is giving us some trouble, but I look forward to continuing your wonderful game once we either beat it or you update the difficulty level on him.

leogodoy likes this.
  20. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    I am the big fan of castle crashers since 2012, so I've always dreamed about when I could create such a great game myself, so I started learning programming and animation, and I admit that CC inspired me a lot, but most of the contents in the game are still original, even in honor of the creativity in CC, we try our best to improve and make it unique. The other thing is that the mobile game platform has never had a game with similar style, I think there will be many people want to play on the phone, so I want to make up for this regret, also want to complete my own dream. Glad you like it, thank you very much.

Solarclipse and caroparo like this.