Universal Wonder Blade (By Puppet Depot Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PuppetDepot, Aug 9, 2018.

1. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Now we know where Yoshi ran off to when he ran off Super Mario.
    Could have had more combos but got tired clicking the screen.
    Controller would allow me to click longer ;)
    [​IMG]

2. PuppetDepot

PuppetDepot Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    :D
    WOW~~~~~~~Do you really done this on the iPad? Strong fingers and arm strength my friend Lol :):):):):)
    I think I need to add a new 999 combo achievement in the game and add a tongue attack to the dino to cos yoshi. :)
    Need controller okay I know.:)

3. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    I like when you get many combos an audience in the background starts clapping.. reminds me when you hear clapping at golf events when the ball goes in. :)

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Love the game but I’m having issues selecting the second chapter on my iPhone X. Anyone else have that problem?

5. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    This sound effect is added just a few days before the game release. A suddenly idea maybe right thing :)

Solarclipse likes this.
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #86 metalcasket, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Holy hell, here I was thinking my 230 hit combo was something else!

Regarding the second boss battle...I dunno. I don't think simply resetting everything to the way you came into the battle is the ideal solution. The battle feels cheap, the boss itself requires WAY too many hits, and Ultimate Technique really doesn't leave a scratch on the damn thing. I mean, my opinion on the game still stands (as my metalwastebasket post, of course), but I've been at it for a whole day, I've leveled up from 7 to 10, increased my skills multiple times (my attack is now 14), I'm using the bone (which I believe is the strongest weapon until now) and have learned how to maneuver around the ****er, but I still can't take a quarter of its health off. At one point I even used 3 health refills and a phoenix feather. It's ridiculous. I don't know if the boss' movement needs tweaking, or if slowing down that bloody spin attack, getting rid of spawning enemies (other than the one it occasionally pukes out) or simply shortening its health bar is an ideal solution. It just sucks that I have to put this down until an update hits. :/

7. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Can you describe the issue in detail? I can fix it as soon as possible. Thanks!

8. Lucky Kat

Lucky Kat Well-Known Member

Wow! This game is fantastic and really deserves all the praise in the world!

I really hope this game will do well!

PuppetDepot likes this.
  9. drunk_vader

drunk_vader Active Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Barista
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Had to buy it on both of my accounts, such a gem! Hopefully it will get supported with new content in the near future (I've yet to scratch the surface of it though). All in all, bravo to the developers!

PuppetDepot likes this.
  10. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    #90 dukat111, Aug 10, 2018
    ARGHHHH, I just fought the 2nd boss and I agree.
    I hurt him quite well up until the time he starts spinning. He goes back and forth non-stop.. stun locks me knocking me down over and over until I'm dead.
    To successfully dodge you can't do it too early or too late but it's very hard to keep it up as he rolls over and over so many times. I die too quick to try any strategy besides trying to dodge and 3 screwups at most and you're dead.

11. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    #91 PuppetDepot, Aug 10, 2018
    Hey Guys, here's a gameplay video shows how to beat the wild boss with a few attribute points and no health potions. hope can give you some help :)

I know boss has great challenges, but I think once we get familiar with the rules and make good use of dodge, it's not that difficult.;)

solarnya likes this.
  12. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    The video above maybe can give you some help :)

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Beat ‘em up type games are not my usual preference but after reading the TA article and the comments here as well as seeing the developer so responsive here to players suggestions I gave it a go.
    First impressions are very positive. I love the style of the game and the gory kill hits are just great. The rpg aspect is welcome. Also very thankful to the dev for making this a paid for game with no iap’s.
    However the first thing I noticed is that the music and sound effects only have a on/off switch, a pet peeve of mine. Could you please add seperate audio sliders? The music is way too loud on my large iPad Pro while the sound effect level is fine. The music is good so I would rather not just totally switch it off.
    Also I find the joystick somewhat sluggish. When facing one direction my finger must travel at least a centimeter before my character responds and starts going in the opposite direction. Not very good with a game that requires quick reflexes. No doubt this is due to the large screen of the iPad Pro and it probably would not be the case on a phone screen. Maybe it could be overcome with a sensitivity option in the settings? (looking forward to full gamepad support because of this ;)

A great game none the less.

14. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Bringing me to near ipad smashing rage

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Excellent. I'll give this a try first thing tomorrow morning. I mean, I HAVE been dodging, but your technique is something else!

16. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    #96 PuppetDepot, Aug 10, 2018
    Hey there, the volume slider may be better. :)
    In addition, the joystick is not delayed, actully the joystick is only eight directions, on the iPhone screen will not be a problem, but the iPad Pro screen is big so it will increase the trigger distance, I will try to solve it in the future. Thanks for feedback.:)

17. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    I know, it needs a little familiarity with the rules of boss action, which is a bit like a console game. :)

18. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    #98 dukat111, Aug 10, 2018
    I quit.
    I dodge, I step up down but I can't avoid getting hit 3 times the entire boss 2 battle to avoid dying. Over 30 attempts including feathers.
    Maybe when controllers work I'll try it again, clearly my glass tapping skills to dodge are subpar.

19. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Oh man, sorry for that, next update I will reduce the difficulty appropriately.:(

20. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Is there a limit to how much level grinding can be done? perhaps terrible skill can be made up by over leveling on easy levels.