Universal Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum (by id Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jchampl, Mar 25, 2009.

1. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009

Also just press four fingers on the screen at the same time, then type in "Give", and it will give you the keys for that particular level.

"God" Is also for obviously God Mode.

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I just did the same in the US store...if you guys can mark the review has helpful once it shows then maybe we can get it to percolate to the top and be front and center for people to see...

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Agreed. Especially with this particular game it's not a big deal to do a reinstall because you can start at any level to begin with. The update is so awesome and unexpected, I'd hate to see any negative comments coming out of ignorance.

4. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    Yep great game and out of nowwhere update....have problems just reinstall....

5. elimcfly

Jun 16, 2009
    Right now im currently working on some levels in Map Editor for Conversion. I just hope the User Maps get really popular!

6. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

author, plz, change the name of the topic to PLATINUM :)

7. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
  8. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Awesome!!! Did what you said and tapped four fingers again to exit the text command mode (or whatever it's called). Awesome!!!

Are other maps different than the walls/castle? Very close to buying this!!!

9. elimcfly

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes, the new spear of destiny levels have assorted things... all inside a building/dungeon/swamp building though however. I'd get it, especially for $1.99, I paid $5 and with the new update, definatley makes it worth it, especially for when they get the USER Maps off the ground.

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Will I have to progress through many castle maps before getting to something different? Will the difficulty of different or destiny map be too hard?

The cost isn't the issue. It's really is this a game I want to spend time with :)

11. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    You can start at any level at any time. This is an old school FPS...about as old school as you can get. The levels are all really variations on a theme. If you don't like what you've played so far, then I wouldn't recommend getting it, but this is like manna from heaven for retro gamers. The control system is ace, and it brings back great memories.

12. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    If you'd like to try and help wolfenstein from getting so many 1 stars due to the crashing issue, I put instructions on how to do the delete, redownload, resync thing on my review if you want to go and mark it as helpful...just sort the current review by most recent and mine is just the 4th or 5th down.

13. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    Trust me the game will be worth $5 not because of the downloadable levels but the levels you can play....i think the game is great even on easy...but hard...that's just...that's just awesome!!!

14. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Yes, good idea, if you're from Canada and you want to help please mark my review as helpfull and it should push it to the top of the list. This way most people will see it and it will help many of them getting the game going.

Thanks.

15. drdanick

drdanick Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Student/procrastinator
    New Zealand
    #475 drdanick, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Looks like some of you are on top of getting some maps converted over. Remember to post them on the W3D platinum board at http://www.nick.fuseirc.net. I'm offering free hosting there for wolf3D platinum map packs.

I'm also working on getting a few map packs converted and uploaded there by the end of the day.

EDIT: SITE IS BACK UP.

16. elimcfly

Jun 16, 2009
    I'll finish a few more conversions up tomorrow and send them through a .zip file.

17. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Very nice of you to host. Thanks!

18. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I went to click 'yes, this review was helpful' but it doesn't do anything. I'm not sure if it's supposed to take you to a different screen or not, or if this is just how it's supposed to be. But I tried clicking yes like 10 times :)

19. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    I think it takes a while before it registers. Just like when you send a review, if you clicked it, it'll be fine. Thanks by the way!

20. drdanick

drdanick Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Student/procrastinator
    New Zealand
    The map hosting site is back up again.