Universal Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum (by id Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jchampl, Mar 25, 2009.

1. luckindian

luckindian Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Help

Can someone please list sites to show where to get the .map from.:) Thank u

2. drdanick

drdanick Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Student/procrastinator
    New Zealand
    There are instructions here about how to extract the .map files from the PC version of wolf3D's assets.
    For the time being, there are no third party map sites for this game (it is only a few hours old, afterall).

However, keep an eye on the site I mentioned above. It may well be the hosting ground for .map files very soon. Actually, people can already post them there, and I hope to extract and upload some .map assets from a few popular Wolf3D mods in the coming days.

3. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    sounds good drdanick,

There is One user map in the game itself, just click on the link when you access the "Downloads" section from the menu in the game.

That's the only one I have been able to use.

4. TakeaHike

TakeaHike Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I was tempted to get this, until I read Doom had been submitted :)

5. droppin' loads

Jul 31, 2009
    I've never had to do something like this before. EVER. Please excuse my stupidity.
    So, once I delete this from both my iPod and iTunes there will be an option to reload it?

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Yes, once you delete it, just "buy" the app again...it will give you a message stating that you've already purchased the game, and would you like to re-download it. You won't get charged again.

7. droppin' loads

Jul 31, 2009
    Much obliged. It's probably smarter to re-download it through iTunes as opposed to my iPod, no?

8. doctorded

doctorded Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT Engineer
    Plantsville, CT
    Anyone else with low sound issues without headphones? This is bugging the crap out of me!

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Makes no difference whatsoever. I actually usually dl through my phone.

10. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    Also having those crash issues. Will do the trick mentioned here and see if it works. Thanks!

11. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I had to delete and reinstal but other than that I'm happy with the new features :D More id stuff the better!

12. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    When I get into the command code, it keeps saying it cannot find alot of wav files. Possibly cause of massive lagging during the spear levels?

13. LuckyArmpit

LuckyArmpit Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Hustler Magazine Photog
    West Middlesex, PA
    Just dloaded this now. Have played the original wolfenstein series back in the c-64 days. I believe it was muse software back then and it was #1 on the charts for months.

Lucky...

14. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Actually as I mentioned before, on the command code it's not finding a lot of .Wav Files.... I'm not sure if that could be the problem with low sound, but I'd try a diff pair of headphones and see the diffrence.

15. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Scary, on the Canadian iTunes there are 6 comments over the last two days and everyone of them claims the game crashes. I sure hope that the re-install works. It looks as if the update doesn't work but downloading the whole thing does, I sure hope so...

16. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    yeah, they should update the app description to let people know they should do that; otherwise, the negative comments are gonna fly

17. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    All -

please help! I have the Lite version and I find that I don't know where to go and am just stuck on level two and cantfind the key.

I'm not so much interested in where the key is on level two as to know how the overall experience of this game willbe. Do kneed to consult FAQ s and walkthroughs to find what I need? Will I just keep getting lost in mazes?

How do I enjoy the game?

I have Duke Nukem and I need to refer to a walkthrough for help on every level.

18. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    did you check the map?

19. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Yeah, I just left a review/comment on how to deal with the problem, it's sad to see noobs give the game a 1 star rating just because they can't get it to work. Hopefully my comment will help those who badly need help :D

20. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Cool

...yeah, it's unfortunate, but I guess it's like a VCR, just because someone own's one, that doesn't mean they know how to use it