Wolf Classic / Doom Classic controls (Poll)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by John Carmack, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Keep "Tilt-to-turn" Controls in Doom Classic?

1. Yes

79 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. jezzahardin

jezzahardin Member

May 11, 2009
    I use the tilt to turn option exclusively. It's the only way I can fully move and fire at the same time. Otherwise I have to pick up from one of the movement controls to fire.

Make the control option obscure, I don't care. But please don't arbitrarily remove it.

2. Xanthos

Xanthos Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I hate tilt to turn games. I'll never play them in public. =P

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ahmm. After playing minigore my problems with onscreen controls has become even worse. They work very well but the problem remains that u cant see anything on the bottom two corners as your thumbs are covering that portion all the time. I dont know how will your team manage to do it, but I`d really prefer if I dont have to keep my thumbs on the screen all the time....

EDIT: Shhshsh. Mods. Here, this side. You listening, Please change John Carmack`s status in the forums. It`s very embarassing to see him listed as a Junior Member here. And I m sure he`s not gonna become a senior for a long long time time at this rate:eek:. Can u not do anything. May be use that black voodoo magic trick you used for the enviro bear poll:p

4. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    keep it out

5. Wesley008

Wesley008 Member

Jul 25, 2009
    First Off; John, you are a true Legend. Keep up the amazing, and I truly mean Amazing work on the Consoles / iPhone games.

Second. I mean, I never use the Tilt Controls, but I guess it be nice to have a choice? But please; don't delay if you need to add. Maybe just have a update to add them in.

PS. I want DOOM now :)

6. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Carmack dosent care he hasn't looked on this page since twenty minutes after he posted

7. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I'll say it before this thread is deleted in to the cyber abyss. KEEP IT OUT!

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    He doesnt need to login to check back the comments. And most probably he`s got someone to keep a track of this thread and point out what is the general reaction. Arn already confirmed its legit. So no doubts about that here. But to expect JC to reply to this thread is impractical. The guy is too busy for that. Just the fact that he recognized TA as the best place for such question is more then enough for me. Though i too would love to see him post here sometimes for sure:D.

Anyways just make sure the controls are atleast as good as wolfenstein 3d JC, and not like what everyone here is talking about the just released Duke Nukem for iPhone:)

9. seantyas

seantyas Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Like I said, I dont think this is the holdup at all, there's something else... This buys em a bit more time .

And about duke3d coming out. They dropped the ball on those controls, why they didnt just duplicate the scheme of wolf3d and make slight changes for jump and crouch.... mind boggling.

10. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington

Thanks, bought !

11. antosimoni

antosimoni Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    hi John,
    please dont remove 'em initially its a bit hard to master (just like when mouse+keyboard came out) but after its the best way to frag everything at hardest levels, I sincerely would like to know how people can do circular strafe shooting with only onscreen controls (its pressing 3 buttons at once)

PS : please consider also using tilting for moving (also back & forth)

12. josh.hofer

josh.hofer Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    I wish we would hear any news from the dev about this game, I am so impatient right now! ahhh!

13. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I loved the regular controls to wolfenstein 3d. They were the best controls in a first person shooter on the iphone ever and they need to stay. The other control option is difficult.

14. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    Ya knoooow, John we're getting impatient and we hope you made a Doom 2 for DLC instead of just letting it collect dust. Release date: 9.9.09. *Hopefully*

15. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    everyone knows that's when the movie about the skinny sackboys comes out, duh

16. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    I know, I know. :p But I just hope it comes out in 4 days.

17. PHUCK-O

PHUCK-O Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Mr. Carmack, please make sure to include the original NIN soundtrack in the new Quake classic game. Thanks!