Universal WizzardIsland (by Zarista Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by swisssk8er1, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Just noticed I spelt your name incorrectly Valentia...sorry!:)

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #102 Catacomber, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Was very careful to have the npc's call the player Heroic One instead of Hero. : ) tried to give the lionesses as much respect as the lions. : )

The players name is Hero but that name is both male and female. : )

3. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    So here is the beginnings of the minimap for next update. Have to add the compass points and map features but it's coming along.

Going to take the old compass out and move the hp/sp to the left.

Attached Files:

4. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    It's so nice, isn't it! I'm enjoying it very much. It's the kind of thing that you can enjoy for a long time, which is always great. :)

5. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    No problem, Lokina! :)

6. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Well done, indeed! :)

7. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Thanks for your kind words. Putting Flora in Beachtown. You can ask her about the pickable flowers and see what they look like and learn what recipes they can be used in.

Don't forget you can get the Alchemy skill if you do Dirac's quest to find Warloga. Then if you have Blue Limestone and Iron you can use the Philosopher's stone on the table in the tower to make gold! :):D

8. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Looking forward to the map.:) Looks pretty. :)

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    There will still be some unmapable areas. Not many but a few. I love unmapable areas.

10. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Getting curious now. :)

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I was on vacation. Working on the update now. Should be done by the end of this week. If there's anything else you'd like to see, please let me know. If you'd like a special item, please also let me know. :)

12. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I'd like to see named gates on the new map please if that is at all possible. Love wondering around but sometimes wonder which gate I am approaching when in Beachtown...or perhaps the odd signpost in Beachtown itself in the game or perhaps the teleporter scroll landing the player a little nearer to the Djinn of Travel. Something to help lemons like me with no sense of direction locate easily.
    It's a great game. I love it. :)

13. Firebird6X

Firebird6X Member

Aug 27, 2009
    #113 Firebird6X, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    I'd love to have an item named after me, maybe a ring? I've played your Quest expansions and love them but never found a bug so poor me, no ring. :D Am enoying. Enjoying.

PS. Maybe I could make a helpful comment. Don't do updates just because someone has likes or dislikes of their own. I like things the way they are. Minimap wold be good but not necessary. Don't care if the health stuff is a bar or numbers. Come on, people! The quests are great and keeping me busy.

Lots of fun and no crashes. It's hard to find an rpg gig with no crashes. Kudos for that.

14. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I actually agree :) but as I was asked. :) Cat will not upset me if she ignores me completely, just ideas. :)
    Game is great as it is. :)

15. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    The update is done and being tested.

@fiery bird :) Usually I give an item in the game if someone finds a bug but since I asked if anyone would like a special item and since you were so kind as to straighten me out that not everything anybody wants might be a good thing---you have a Signet Ring in Old Shaman's Shop. The most important thing is to keep the game stable and thanks the gods it's pretty stable. Very happy about the crashlessness but that took a lot of thinking and tweaking. :) It's a big game with a lot stuffed into the terrains and dungeons. It's actually very graphically heavy but fortunately stable.

@lokina

The minimap works in a fog of war way which means that as you move through the game, you reveal things and the minimap reflects that. So you wouldn't see the gates until you came upon them.

But there are only a few gates in each scene so not sure it's that hard to find them.

16. Firebird6X

Firebird6X Member

Aug 27, 2009
    #116 Firebird6X, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    Wow! Thanks for the ring. I didn't think I'd ever get something like that that I can put on in a game and its my own without an inapp purchase. Woohoo! Don't think I could get something personalized like that in an in app purchase either so very happy. You have my love.

Just have a few quests to complete. Where the ... is these golden boots? Also.......maybe if it's not a big burden.....would you think about......giving us a ROOM in Warrie's Tower sometime?

I'd like personally to be next to the muscular guy if possible. He's so cute!

Could you also possibly arrange a date? : ) Seriously, I'd like to have the possibility to fall in love with him and if I were a guy of course to be his best friend. Or whatever it is guys want like being his fishing buddy or someting.

Maybe in a sequel? I think I could beat out Potionista in his heart.

She's kind of foolish anyway. And she loses things.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #117 Vovin, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :eek:
    Holy Spiderman's Toothbrush... why did I miss this?

I loved The Quest and the expansions, stand-alones and all that stuff, so I am happy to see that you (finally) brought something new to the audience.
    I am going to check it out later!

P.S.: Is there a way to point Warloga's ancestors to Warloga's hiding place, in exchange for wealth & women? ;)

18. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    What spoil Warloga's potential romance! How could you! :)

19. Joe T

Joe T New Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Hi this is JT I hope you enjoy my quest :)

20. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Tell me about your quest J.T. :) There are so many in the game. :)