Universal Wizards and Wagons (by Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gamedboy, Nov 12, 2015.

1. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    It's happening everywhere on the map for me. Not just specific towns.

2. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I do realize, ya. That's not the problem I'm describing.

3. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I think I know why this happens. During some of the tutorial quests, all paths are blocked except for the one you are suppose to take. At this point, if you quit to the menu, delete your current game and start a new one, it seems like it keeps the previous path blocking. Only now you can't see the open path because it's covered by clouds.

4. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Hmmm... I'll have to check up with Jeff on that possibility, perhaps you can send us your savefile bababewey? You just have to use the 'Contact us' button on the title screen.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Any suggestions re: how to find the red dragon? Sth like 5 or 6 game years in, keep fast tracking it to wherever it's sighted, not a sniff!

6. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #146 Derprozess, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    I'm stuck on the island west to Alecca without having the possibility to travel on other islands. I tried everything I could think of, close forcing the app, "camp" on both locations close to the sea multiple times, hard rebooting and resetting device :( Does anyone have similar problems?

Edit: LOL all except letting my caravan being destroyed

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Personally I agree with you - I think this route is too profitable early on, and makes all other routes seem pointless. Having to wait a few days for things to restock and for demand to rise would make things more interesting. There's usually a quest or two to pick up at one of the two towns, spending some time doing a detour to complete these while waiting for ham to restock would add some variety.

Talking of quests, it would be nice to be able to upgrade the number of quests you have have at once later on. This would help make quests more worthwhile - if you have have more that you are completing concurrently.

Also I would really like more auto-firing weapons to be available - just having one type is a bit boring.

8. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Camping to unlock the Alecca route should work... unless there's a bug...

9. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    It would be great if I could get some more feedback about weapons to tweak what goes into next week's patch.

Can you guys share your views on the following:

Do you guys stick to one main weapon only?

Swap actively between weapons?

Try to optimise weapons with long cooldowns?

Feel that most weapons are weak compared to the bow AFTER using them outside the first continent?

10. derek111

derek111 Member

May 29, 2015
    I haven't got the chance to beat the dragon but now I can easily go anywhere with just the 500 sword. (With the Speed add-on most enemies just can't hit me at a distance)

I tried the fireball one, it's ok because it can push enemies out of my ways. Yet i feel just easier if i kill them using my sword. The one which summon thunder (or actually lightning?) is actually very powerful, but the lead time is too long for me. I can imagine if I have to deal with a monster with super high HP this will be much better than the sword. But definitely its doesn't worth that muc...

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #151 Quoad, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    If I have capacity, ideal world, two AoE and one sword. Can never work out if I prefer the fireball AoE or lightning. Lightning feels far clunkier (and seems to need a double tap sometimes?!) and is also less predictable. But does more damage, I think.

With capacity, sword is just a given. So, yeah. Ideally blitz with AoE then switch to sword.

If I'm carrying lots of stuff, it's a toss up between which AoE I'll equip alongside sword (2 weapons), and then a toss up as to whether I take an AoE or sword (if only one weapon).

Switching is not a clean experience ime, though. I often have difficulties hitting the buttons when under attack.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    (I did try equipping two swords, to see if they stacked.

SADLY NOT :D)

13. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    For me, camping on both Aquolis and Frosthold did unlocked the route to Alecca, but when in Quidishibar (I needed products from there to complete a quest) using the command "camp" did nothing. After some more tries I finally completed that quest but I lost enough gold in my attempts. I think too it was a bug

14. erv

erv New Member

Jul 16, 2015
    I just keep wishing for a road between huran and draven. Is there a way to unlock one? That and if the guild quests were a little less harsh and more profitable, I'd actually go places. Accepting four or so would be great too.

15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Congratulations to the developer on the nice TA front page review!

I am concerned about the many startup and balance issues mentioned here and in iTunes reviews, but this review has convinced me to buy.

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Good choice - though for the love of all things holy, mine the ham and mithril seam before it vanishes forever!!!!!

17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #157 Solarclipse, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    I had a moment of joy when I thought that tapping on near enemies switched to my sword. But no, I guess I somehow bumped the button accidentally, fortuitously.

It would be sweet to have range dictate which weapon is used and the timers assume that if you can't fire one weapon you want the other. If you think this could get overpowering just limit the number of green spots in wagons.

I have the sword but am finding the barrage of arrows works really well for most situations. I've got speed 3 and damage +15%, and an auto flame, poison, and regular bow.

It would be great to see damage stats in equipment shops, and a little preview or picture of what the attack looks like. Even if it is a link to see it on the web or something.

18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Have just bought a 100,000 dark wagon two :cool:

I'm not sure I did the maths beforehand :D

I've gained zero weapon and equipment slots, and just five storage spaces. (And some nifty speed boosts, tbf.)

Possibly oops :D

19. ty2012

ty2012 Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I always use the sword if I have a large load. If I can arrange it accordingly, I like to also add the poison auto bow. I've not used much else. Howevver, for the first continent (all I've travelled since beginning a few days ago) this is enough.

Also, for me, the ham/mithril route stopped working as well... altos mines' demand for ham decreased. I've been travelling quite a bit. I have the Fort III cart and 16,000 currently. I love the game so far. I plan to explore further now that I have the Fort III. I can get by without weapons most of the time, but I've almost been caught by mobs of archers stopping me.

My biggest complaint so far is simply the lack of profitable quests.

20. flashsuper

flashsuper Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I was about to buy this game...but then I saw about the nerf to the ham route.....pls don't. It's good to have a place to farm in a game, pretty much every game has an area where players can farm or grind if they want to gain xp. People seem to say this is hard, and I'm not a pro so the nerf really makes me weary.