Universal Wizards and Wagons (by Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gamedboy, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Flatch

Flatch Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    #101 Flatch, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    You're right I did. I changed my post as you were writing yours. Sorry, I forgot getting started is a bit unforgiving.

2. mdc124

mdc124 Member

Oct 16, 2015
    I like your suggestion in the edited post. Thanks!

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Just don't sell anything in that town, and take your entire cargo to the next town. I've had to do that a few times.

I had to restart 3 times but I think I've got the hang of it now.

4. Flatch

Flatch Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    #104 Flatch, Nov 15, 2015
    Not sure if that was exactly what I did, but it was some small and manageable loop. Once you can carry more the game really starts opening up. Also, when you get your wagon offense/defense to the point where you don't always take massive damage between towns, repairs eat less of your profit or you can often skip them.

5. derek111

derek111 Member

May 29, 2015
    it's a great game and i haven't really enjoyed an iOS game for a long time =D

Here are some tips for people who are still figuring out what should do at the beginning of the game

1. Weapon
    The only useful upgrade is the 500 sword which can be bought in the Quareen Port (the town below the mine). It's a bit tricky to get to that town without any wagon/defence upgrade, but after a few trials you can definitely reach it. I strongly recommend anyone to get the sword as soon as possible. One extra tip is that you should try not to bring any goods with you. Otherwise you may lose them on the way. Ranged weapons are just not worth it. I spent so much on a few ranged weapon. Even the 10000+ weapons are very bad. Well I haven't try them all but, after spending 20000+ on those ranged weapons, I just give up.

2. Guild - Borrowing
    Definitely borrow money from the very beginning of the game. The interest is negligible. I used it to upgrade the wagon and sometimes used it to buy goods to fill my wagon

3. Wagon
    You can choose either a defensive one or a speedy one. If you put a speed II add-ons (I forgot what it's called. it's supposed to be put in a green box) on wagon with 100 speed and the 500 sword, you really don't have to worry about your HP as long as you are still on the main island.

4. Route
    The best route is almost certainly the mine-Quareen port route. Safe and very profitable. It's just an ATM if you unlock all the perks of the town. A single journey from the mine to the port can earn like 4000 if you have the largest wagon.

5. The mission
    I know the mission should be a core part of the game but I just find it not profitable at all. If you are struggled with the game, you should try to avoid them. Yet those side-quests are very interesting and fun to do. Definitely try to talk with as many people in the town as possible to unlock those quests.

Enjoy =D

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #106 Quoad, Nov 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

Oh em gee, I just weed myself a little bit.

Bloke above is right about the sword. The only tools I'm carrying atm are the sword, the fiery death wand (5,000 gold) and the mass lightning wand of doom (17,500 gold, and blatantly not worth it). I've also got a two-pronged fire wand of death which is, tbh, crap. The sword is mass damage at close quarters. The fiery AoE death wand is awesome for distance. Everything else is just a bit crap.

I also accidentally bought a one-use 10,000 gold nuclear warhead (see also: town where l2 dark wagon lives) before realising it was a one-user. Which triggered a rapid reset.

The blatant way to money is Altos Mines -> that town due south of it, mass-shifting mithril and ham.

Edit: I have come to realise that mass-spamming the screen with localised button mashing appears to make the 17.5k Lightning wand less shit. Still...

7. mdc124

mdc124 Member

Oct 16, 2015
    #107 mdc124, Nov 15, 2015
    oops

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I came here to answer the question about Earth Orbs, but I take it you got it all sorted out?

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Other than the Auto Wooden Bow are there any other weapons that auto attack? I haven't found any yet.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Not that I've seen, but I'm still limited to the first continent. =o/

11. Nikkii

Nikkii Member

Sep 21, 2011
    #111 Nikkii, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Great game, hopelessly addicted!
    I had a rocky start as well but after unlocking the other islands my game pace is picking up.
    The dagger is indeed a very good idea, far better than the stinky bow.

Edit: It also seems there are no monster attacks on roads that cross water; intentional?

12. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    #112 tobidayao, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    is it just me (my ipad 2) or the game is kind a unresponsive? i feel like the response is slow when tapping onto something or sometimes it feels like it can't detect where I'm touching. Great game btw, 5/5, GOTY.

13. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    so much content in this game. blew my mind already. amazing, Touch Dimensions. think of this like new take on the Space Miner formula for some reason.

14. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The Rod of Frost is amazing. Great damage, ridiculous rate of fire, infinite range and it slows! I'm supremely glad I decided to go through with that quest.

15. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I think I've found a bug. I'm at a point where none if the city's have an icon that I can select to travel there. I just started a new game and can't leave Milgard. Anyone else found this issue?

16. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Fun game, but I find the trade interface to be clunky. I hate having to exit the city just to see what other cities demand. It would be nice if there were some screen that had all that information that could be brought up while you're at the traders. I've actually forgotten to buy/sell because I was so busy navigating between screens.

17. Flatch

Flatch Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I agree that having the ability to plan your next run while in a town's marketplace would be nice, but it seems displaying all the supply/demand info for all the towns in the game, inside the marketplace screen, would be difficult at best. Also, it makes sense to be able to see the paths and routes at the same time as the trade info. I can see why it's the way it is.

18. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    they do attack at some ports especially the ice areas

19. Flatch

Flatch Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    #119 Flatch, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    So... it's pretty easy to buy your house back. What then? Just keep playing to
    amass a huge fortune and complete the beastiary in the dungeon
    , or is there more?

20. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    There's also story quests to complete, and we'll be adding more content in the months to come.