Universal Wizard Quest (By Mana Giant)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mana Giant, Nov 13, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm experiencing the same phenomenon as solinari in n America. Scott, can you tell us what the IAPs are?

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    That IS wierd. I just checked through the TA app and confirm the same thing. It doesn't show it offers IAP.

Unfortunately no, sorry. I'd be pretty interested in finding out though. It just says that it offers IAP. :(

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmmmmm. And the plot thickens

4. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    lol!

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Game Impressions

Hi all. I just insta-bought this and the IAP is gems and mana, which can be earned by playing the game. The graphics are really nice, the game play was slightly confusing, but after I got out of the tutorial, it started to make much more sense. Its easy now, but I can see it getting more difficult. Just a tip: The trees give your wizard health. I thought they were stationary but they are not. I say for .99 its definitely worth a go.

6. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Bought this on the strength of the screenshots and that it claimed to be a match 3 'Puzzle Quest' style game.

I'm pleased to say that it is great and I've really enjoyed the first few levels - really hoping its a massive game to work through - how many levels in total are there...?

7. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    I remember timers in the soft launch version. Are they still there? Apart from that it seemed to be quite enjoyable.

8. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Timers and IAP? Waiting for more details.

Match 3 RPGs are my fav.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This looks great! I'd love to know if there are timers still in there? If gone it'd be worth paying for. And I hope it's not a freemium with a price tag. Hopefully people that got the soft launch could explain?

10. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Whoa i was actually about to buy this and keep seeing stuff about timers and such. I don't know about that game scheme timers with a price tag?!? Hmmmph... I guess i'll have to wait for someone to toftt

11. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I normally wouldn't hesitate for $.99 but apparently this has been a free app before going universal. Now that it's universal, it's "on sale" for $.99. So it's a bit suspect. Those of us that are interested would like to know what the monetization is like (timers? paywalls? consumable IAP). Otherwise, I'm fine with waiting to check it out.

12. duncanedi

duncanedi Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    The devs were pretty active here for a while... I was about to buy it too, but it seems kinda funny that it was free and now it´s on sale for 0.99...

13. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Perhaps they made it free for the soft launch to get more people to try it. They were pretty active, would be great if they stopped by and cleared things up. I am interested in checking it out as well!

14. Mana Giant

Mana Giant Active Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Oulu, Finland
    Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry for a little delay with our reply here. Crazy launch day and didn't first realise the thread had been moved here. However, nice to see you guys discussing about our game!

As an independent developer, we are just trying different price points with our product to find what users like the best. We removed the timers and added crystal Quest Journal bonuses to compensate for the launch pricing, so users buying the product at .99 cents are getting a fully completable game experience. Regarding the IAPs, they all basically help the game and might give you edge when competing with friends, but none of them are required to progress. No paywalls, just pure puzzle action!

Now, it would be really nice to hear what your impressions are on the game in general! We're developing WQ further as we speak and will definitely hear out what you like/don't like about it and what would be cool to have there in the future.

Here's a bunch of promo codes for the fast ones:

7HNYWPKLNANT
    3LE9WR67YFAP
    7JWAT9LL6LK9
    TTYFWEKLEEA4
    7XPPNK63JHT7

And some hot Wizardly action for your pleasure:

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone and enjoy the game! :)

- Magus of Many / Mana Giant

15. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    #55 Card, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Got TTYFWEKLEEA4.

Thanks! Will post impressions tonight after I put some play time in. (excited)

16. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I took 7XPPNK63JHT7. Thank you kindly! have been watching this in the upcoming section for what feels like months when it was soft-launching so I'm very much looking forward to playing and giving impressions! Cheers again!

17. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #57 MrMojoRisin, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Grabbed 7HNYWPKLNANT. Thanks!

Oh, and I played this a bit during the soft launch, but I'm happy to try the release version out as well! But for those wondering, this is a great puzzle game which is a fun blend of action and strategy.

18. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Thanks to three who posted about the codes that were taken. The two others...

19. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Damn! All the codes are already taken..... happens all the time :(

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn you guys! I've been watching this thread every 5 minutes then I go to another thread and get into reading and now I missed some codes. Lucky... Well at least only 2 lurkers took the rest of the codes.... :\

Gonna just go back to work and be sad now...